A current affair accuracy again.

53 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Chanel Nine now promoting their Under Investigation program tomorrow night 7 :30 pm    The cruise industry..under investigation..could be interesting …or more of the same?

I bet it is more of the same

• Like 1

On the Coral now, Channel Nine followed us to the Blue Mountains on our tour yesterday - I guess to get footage of the plague passengers spreading disease in the public. Not sure they would have got any footage to use, majority of the time we were wearing our masks and using sanitisers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, maponus said:

On the Coral now, Channel Nine followed us to the Blue Mountains on our tour yesterday - I guess to get footage of the plague passengers spreading disease in the public. Not sure they would have got any footage to use, majority of the time we were wearing our masks and using sanitisers.

I hope you are having a great time.

2 hours ago, maponus said:

Have they announced how many passengers are on the Coral at the moment? Have there been announcements on board urging people to wear masks etc.? Are you hearing or seeing any evidence of COVID infections? BTW, I do not doubt the numbers reported.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

I hope you are having a great time.

Yes we are, and everyone else we talk to onboard is as well. We think it is amusing all the media attention we are getting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maponus said:

Yes we are, and everyone else we talk to onboard is as well. We think it is amusing all the media attention we are getting.

Just remember to smile and wave to the cameras when you disembark tomorrow, or are you staying on for the 2nd leg of the split cruise? We have a couple of cruise friends aboard, and they are having a great time on their first cruise back too.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Have they announced how many passengers are on the Coral at the moment? Have there been announcements on board urging people to wear masks etc.? Are you hearing or seeing any evidence of COVID infections? BTW, I do not doubt the numbers reported.

I think they said it was full - there are a few empty staterooms on our floor. Yes there are announcements in the theatre to sip and cover, and people making sure you wash your hands before entering the buffet. No announcements about the number of cases on board. Announcements that they were following NSW Health directives re the RAT protocols, and so far Qld are not requiring us to get off in BNE then get back on for everyone that is doing the B2B.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maponus said:

I think they said it was full - there are a few empty staterooms on our floor. Yes there are announcements in the theatre to sip and cover, and people making sure you wash your hands before entering the buffet. No announcements about the number of cases on board. Announcements that they were following NSW Health directives re the RAT protocols, and so far Qld are not requiring us to get off in BNE then get back on for everyone that is doing the B2B.

We were on the 26th June cruise. In the Princess Theatre there were announcements about sip and cover and a staff member was always standing outside the Horizon Court to ensure everyone washed their hands and wore a mask when they went in. In the MDR, staff at the door politely asked people to put on their mask before entering.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

We were on the 26th June cruise. In the Princess Theatre there were announcements about sip and cover and a staff member was always standing outside the Horizon Court to ensure everyone washed their hands and wore a mask when they went in. In the MDR, staff at the door politely asked people to put on their mask before entering.

Everyone on board is being very respectful with regard to mask wearing, most people don't need to be asked/told

20 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The sip and cover announcements were a joke. Some people just ignored them completely, others put their masks on then removed them as soon as the lights went down and the show started. At the On The Bayou show in the Universe Lounge I estimate more than 50% of passengers weren't wearing masks during the show. We were sitting right to one side so could see most of the audience.

22 minutes ago, maponus said:

Everyone on board is being very respectful with regard to mask wearing, most people don't need to be asked/told

I think too many people became too complacent after the first couple of days on our 26th June cruise. At least on your cruise you boarded knowing there was Covid onboard and that, plus the media attention Coral is getting, is probably encouraging more prevalent mask wearing.

16 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Chanel Nine now promoting their Under Investigation program tomorrow night 7 :30 pm    The cruise industry..under investigation..could be interesting …or more of the same?

Graham they must have changed the time for the show as it’s on tonight at 8.30 pm

I never watch ACA as it is absolute rubbish, but given that the reported cases in the general population are vastly underestimated due to people not declaring or even testing( so they can carry on as usual) ...I would guess that the % cases on the ship are way less than the average in the local shopping centre.

International visitors coming via plane no need for testing either  , so reporting "cases" on cruise ships is just media hype.

At least it might make the enforcement of mask rules and hygiene better on the ships for a while at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rkmw said:

Graham they must have changed the time for the show as it’s on tonight at 8.30 pm

See, they cannot even get the time right. I just checked it again and it still says 7 :30.🤔🤔( at least in Sydney)

Edited by gbenjo

2 hours ago, rkmw said:

8.30pm ? Most of the cruising dinosaurs on here would be in slumberland by 8.30pm, lol.zzzzzzz.

Should be on at 5pm so the oldies😁 can watch it eating their din dins.

• Haha 1