Most Memorable Cruise

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We had right at 600 folks on the Allure test cruise. It was kinda creepy some times

John&LaLa;  I see we were on the Independence together in June. Quite an interesting cruise huh 😲 ?????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

John&LaLa;  I see we were on the Independence together in June. Quite an interesting cruise huh 😲 ?????

Kinda quiet for me since I was solo. I ate and drank a lot.🤣🤣

Did a Live review centered around UDP

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrewCC2225 said:

I figured it would be interesting for us to read everyone’s stories - what cruise that you guys have taken over the years was your most memorable? It could be because of a destination, excursion you took or maybe it was your first cruise - or even unfortunately the last cruise you took with a loved one before they passed. I look forward to hearing some stories! 

Alaska on an HAL ship.We went to Danali National Park.Our tour guide was a college professor from Oregon.He gave all of us several books to keep about the park.The tour was supposed to be two hours instead it was more than 4.It was a fantastic experience.

• Like 1

We're fairly new to cruising (2016), so don't have a lot of cruises under our belt yet. However, we did cruise to Alaska in 2019 after I graduated NP school and also to celebrate 10 yr anniversary. We stayed in Alaska 5 days after the cruise to explore. We usually like to travel to different destinations, but Alaska is one of those places we'd definitely return to.

• Like 1

Mine has to be our Pacific and around the Hawaiian islands cruise on Legend.  From San Diego to Ensenada to circle cruise with 4 islands...10 days that I snagged at an impossible price of $659 for the 2 of us in an inside just a few weeks out.  That was the cherry on top.  That cruise was epic, with all the cultural aspects put on by the Hawaiian Cultural Institute.  Dancers and string quartet with drums were phenomenal and the talks on the islands, then we spent 4 days at our Nlaws home on Oahu and flew home.  Heaven!  And we made great friends with several couples on it.

DSCN1330.JPG

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

Paul Gauguin 2005 Tahiti & Society Islands

Celebrated our 25th anniversary.  Memorable cruise! We both said we would do it again for our 35th anniversary.    My husband passed away in 2012 so couldn't do it again in 2015. 

So glad we did it.   It was a stretch for us as our oldest daughter had just started medical school and our youngest was in undergrad so money was tight. 

• Like 4

What a great question. Really made me think after so many cruises and really every one was memorable but if we had to pick one it would be our 12 day on Brilliance in the southern Mediterranean. Loved the ports, mostly the islands, Crete, Roades, Malta. A couple of days in Barcelona prior to sailing. We usually sail with friends or family but my wife were on it alone and that made is a very special trip as well. Alaska is a close second. 

• Like 1

I have had so many great cruises but one of the memorable ones was sailing through the Panama Canal. It was quite an experience to see all the ships lined up outside Colon waiting to enter the canal, then going through all the locks in the Canal, and then at the end of the day seeing Panama City and sailing under the Bridge of the Americas. 

I've got a few in the Memorable category:

1 18 night Sydney to Honolulu on Radiance of the Seas

2 Panama Canal cruise from Miami to Long Beach on DCL Wonder

3 Alaska cruise RT Seattle on Brilliance of the Seas

8 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

What a great question. Really made me think after so many cruises and really every one was memorable but if we had to pick one it would be our 12 day on Brilliance in the southern Mediterranean. Loved the ports, mostly the islands, Crete, Roades, Malta. A couple of days in Barcelona prior to sailing. We usually sail with friends or family but my wife were on it alone and that made is a very special trip as well. Alaska is a close second. 

I love this question so much because it makes you think about all these AMAZING memories you have had over the years. We all have those moments we think about when we are having a rough day at work or we are going through hard times. It’s such a relaxing feeling be able to close your eyes and POOF you are right back on board! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrewCC2225 said:

I love this question so much because it makes you think about all these AMAZING memories you have had over the years. We all have those moments we think about when we are having a rough day at work or we are going through hard times. It’s such a relaxing feeling be able to close your eyes and POOF you are right back on board! 

I just spent that last hour looking at pics and movies from mine.

6 minutes ago, DrewCC2225 said:

What a question:

90 mph winds, 60 foot waves and a mutiny by a group of passengers - Celebrity Infinity to Antarctica.

Standing amongst 20,000 King Penguins in South Georgia - Hurtigruten the Fram to Antarctica.

60 days, 5 x B2B Auckland to Seattle - Celebrity Solstice.

Around South America for our Golden Wedding on Celebrity Eclipse included Iguazu Falls and, on the anniversary day itself a Tango Show in Buenos Aires with a CC Group.

Christmas and New Year in the Med Royal Independence - included New Year Eve fireworks in Naples.

3 hours ago, DrewCC2225 said:

I’m sorry to hear about your husband. How great though the two of you got to enjoy those lifetimes trips together before he passed! Are you still cruising?

Oh, yes!  I knew the "bad time of the year" would be hard on me, so I booked cruises this year during that time period, and it worked out great.  Thanks for your condolences; it's appreaciated.

• Like 2

So most memorable would be the one my mom died on. She technically was removed from the boat and died in Nice. Pretty sucky and memorable.

But our most memorable for fun reasons would be the WBPC on the Disney Wonder that we took with our twins. We had such a blast on that one. The neatest thing was they had a former PC pilot who gave daily talks and it turns out he was the one who navigated the sub my husband was stationed on when he went through in the Navy back in '92 or so. That was such a cool coincidence.

• Like 1

The older I get the last cruise is the most memorable...  That being Alaska and such a beautiful state I would probably say second most memorable.   I would say our 1st cruise on Sea Princess in 1999.  We were chased by a hurricane.   The waves got so bad that while we were trying to walk by a large jewelry display case a wave hit, lifted the case and it smashed over onto the floor.  

37 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I just spent that last hour looking at pics and movies from mine.

I do this quite often. I have a cruise leaving in about 50ish days so I’m starting to go through pictures and videos etc… also forming a list of the things we need. 

Oh my, so many memorable cruises.  Each was great in its own way.  I am older now and not as mobile.  I missed out on Australia, Tahiti, and the Mediterranean.  I am not sure that I will be able to be adventurous anymore. I love watching the sea roll by and am most happy while on a cruise.  If I had to pick my favorites, then these are the ones that I remember the most.

Alaska

Hawaii

Panama Canal    

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Oh my, so many memorable cruises.  Each was great in its own way.  I am older now and not as mobile.  I missed out on Australia, Tahiti, and the Mediterranean.  I am not sure that I will be able to be adventurous anymore. I love watching the sea roll by and am most happy while on a cruise.  If I had to pick my favorites, then these are the ones that I remember the most.

Alaska

Hawaii

Panama Canal    

There is nothing wrong with just sitting on the deck and watching the ocean! I do that most of the day too. There is something just so peaceful about being surrounded by miles of open water.

• Like 3