I love a good potato chip

otownfins

6 hours ago, sdnich said:

I love my Pringles !! 

Pringles, the ultimate food source; DRIED POTATOES, VEGETABLE OIL (CORN, COTTONSEED, HIGH OLEIC SOYBEAN, AND/OR SUNFLOWER OIL), DEGERMINATED YELLOW CORN FLOUR, CORNSTARCH, RICE FLOUR, MALTODEXTRIN, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, SALT, WHEAT STARCH.

Yummy!😋

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, otownfins said:

Anyone know why potato chips are next to impossible to find on Celebrity ships?  I enjoy snacking on potato chips while having a drink before dinner when I'm home and wish I could do the same while cruising.  Some of the bars will provide snacks (pub mix at the martini bar, a bread stick at celler masters,  etc) but nowhere even in the Oceanview cafe can one find a nice, salty, crisp, tasty, potato chip.

They do offer potato chips at the make a sandwich part of buffet during lunch and you can alos order some with your room svc order...On sea port days instead of eating at the buffet , my husband and I love to go to the room and order the turkey club sandwich with some chips and eat on the balcony and watch people on the pier.     btw highly recommend the turkey club

The problem with the chips by the sandwich area is that people use their hands to try them out and then put them on their plate.  And the chips are a low level  generic brand in my view.  If I want real  chips, I will bring my favorites from home.  

We cruised in a Celebrity suite on Connie in April.  About the 2nd day we asked our butler if it would be possible to have potato chips delivered to our cabin for when we were enjoying happy hour.  We got them, not only that day but every day for the rest of the cruise.  Lol. By the last day we had quite a stash of chips because they would bring so many.  

We just sailed on the The Discovery Princess in May and LOVED their new Ap and Medallion for ordering such things. We had a couple of rough days at sea and were playing cards in one of the bars. it was packed at the Bar so we decided to try out the Ap and order two drinks as well as potato chips. The order was there in a flash... much faster than waiting at the Bar - or for a Server to come to the table. 

Oh- and the  chips were great! 😆

Living in the tropics there were two things that we seriously missed- potato chips and crusty bread. The humidity would soften both up in minutes. We could get Pringles and if we ate them quickly they would be fine. If we delayed even a short time we had limp chips. Small single bags of chips worked sort of. 

19 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Pringles, the ultimate food source; DRIED POTATOES, VEGETABLE OIL (CORN, COTTONSEED, HIGH OLEIC SOYBEAN, AND/OR SUNFLOWER OIL), DEGERMINATED YELLOW CORN FLOUR, CORNSTARCH, RICE FLOUR, MALTODEXTRIN, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, SALT, WHEAT STARCH.

Yummy!😋

I don’t fancy eating them now….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1