It wasn't Good. My AOS Review on the July 7th Cruise from Cape Liberty

8 minutes ago, johnjen said:

As mentioned before, all I want is the company to take in my issues. No comp even desired, at least host a meeting on what cruisers are observing. This review on here was just for this forum. There are higher level items that badly need board attention that I haven't mentioned. Crew morale being one of the topics I will address. The top 3 WILL see my letter. I know how to address them directly (well, at least Roberto). I have testimonials from crew members who are anon. The morale is miserably low.,

You do realize there have been other Don Quixote's on here, right?

And, unless you have their personal emails, you don't have anything that many of us don't already have or can't find on CC.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BND said:

You do realize there have been other Don Quixote's on here, right?

And, unless you have their personal emails, you don't have anything that many of us don't have or can't find on CC.

Emails not needed. They don't bother with emails, they have staff who do that. And it's canned responses. Yes, I do have personal contact with Roberto.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, johnjen said:

That's the truth. I think they're having struggles, as evident in this pic. i still think they're being greedy by loading up the ship with customers, overwhelming their crew. In the end, this sums it up.

I should have included this pic in my review. This was the charcuterie board. 

charcuterie board.jpg

I don't recall that being an option in MDR.   But wherever that is from it looks horrible.

• Like 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

I don't recall that being an option in MDR.   But wherever that is from it looks horrible.

Just avoid ANY prosciutto. Both in MDR and Giovanni's, it was brown with green edges. Not the pink we're familiar with. It was sitting out far too long.

I feel your pain, we where on Mariner April 22, dining waits in MDR for my time were bad. Fit and finish poor, lots of rust around windows,  water stained awnings and flaking woodwork in solarium, mis matched fittings in public restrooms. 

I feel that the America based lines (no offence, I'll include NCL in this too)  don't keep up the maintenance schedule that we have experienced  on other european lines such as Costa or MSC on ships of a similar age  or older.

We are pretty easily pleased and Mariner was only our second diamond tier sailing, previous being Jewel pre covid transatlantic, which we loved. The four "happy hour" drinks do go someway  towards levelling the field.

We're on Jewel again this September, in Europe, hoping for the best.

4 hours ago, johnjen said:

Overall, a questionable itinerary (Bermuda, St. Maarten, San Juan, Labadee). Questionable due to extremely shortened times in port. The cruise line is trying to save money at the cost of customers.

Did they change the itinerary on you without notification? Isn't the itinerary something you actually choose when you book. Barring changes due to weather, medical or mechanical problems, or country regulations, as long as the itinerary is the same as when you book, that is the one thing that is completely in your control. How is the choice of itinerary the cruise line trying to save money?   If you didn't like the itinerary, why did you book that particular cruise?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sunflower77 said:

Since you were in a suite, why did you eat in the MDR and not eat in Coastal Kitchen or did you mean CK when you said MDR?

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:
21 minutes ago, Sunflower77 said:

I don't believe Adventure has a Coastal Kitchen.

Oh Okay I thought he was reviewing Anthem of Seas  

• Like 2

Labor shortage was predicted years ago. It’s simple demographics. Boomers are retiring and there’s not enough younger people to replace the largest generation ever. Flights are canceled, cruises are short staffed, patients are dying because of a healthcare worker shortage, nursing homes are closing, not enough teachers or truckers. I think it’s more complex than greed. 

Edited by Thisguylikestocruise

4 minutes ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

Labor shortage was predicted years ago. It’s simple demographics. Boomers are retiring and there’s not enough younger people to replace the largest generation ever. Flights are canceled, cruises are short staffed, patients are dying because of a healthcare worker shortage, nursing homes are closing, not enough teachers or truckers. I think it’s more complex than greed. 

Flights are cancelled due to mandatory retirement.  Even though the retirement age was moved to 65 from 60, with the loss of time due to Covid it didn't really help.  We have two friends and one member of DIL's family that are pilots and they currently have their pick of flights.  I don't know anyone who has died due to healthcare worker shortages nor do I know of any nursing homes closing.  It's more than some people quit their jobs out of fear of this virus and didn't think about the long term ramifications.

34 minutes ago, cured said:

Did they change the itinerary on you without notification? Isn't the itinerary something you actually choose when you book. Barring changes due to weather, medical or mechanical problems, or country regulations, as long as the itinerary is the same as when you book, that is the one thing that is completely in your control. How is the choice of itinerary the cruise line trying to save money?   If you didn't like the itinerary, why did you book that particular cruise?

I actually like the itinerary he is bashing.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, johnjen said:

*Scallops served in an escargot dish - greasy, TINY....I think they were chunks of a single scallop floating in butter and garlic. Not good at all.

We asked about this.  What you had were Bay Scallops, not Sea Scallops.  Very different.  The most notable difference, that you found out, is the Bay Scallops are way smaller.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

We asked about this.  What you had were Bay Scallops, not Sea Scallops.  Very different.  The most notable difference, that you found out, is the Bay Scallops are way smaller.

Everytime I've seen someone order this, they seem to know what to expect.  No one is surprised.

10 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

I think the problem is...if you think you are ordering escargot and get bay scallops.

13 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

I prefer Bay Scallops to snails.  But truthfully, all i really want is the garlicky butter😉

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think the problem is...if you think you are ordering escargot and get bay scallops.

Um, no.  It either says escargot or scallops.

• Like 2

Just now, John&LaLa said:

I prefer Bay Scallops to snails.  But truthfully, all i really want is the garlicky butter😉

That's what most people seem to like.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Given your expectations, try another line. Why in the world would you even book such a sailing given your first paragraph?

Biker, who wonders if this will be 🍿worthy.

Not 🍿worthy, imho.  Given the title, there was a surprising number of positives  given out by the OP.  Fairly balanced review, I think. Those with Royal-colored glasses may disagree.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Not 🍿worthy, imho.  Given the title, there was a surprising number of positives  given out by the OP.  Fairly balanced review, I think. Those with Royal-colored glasses may disagree.

The popcorn is the naive belief a Royal exec will reply

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1