Captains club upgrade to category FV

Islandbuoy

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a super category upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1.

Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Galapagos voyages.

For sailings departing prior to April 12, 2023: Captain's Club one-category upgrade excludes categories: 12, FV, SV, C1 and Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. On Celebrity Edge categories 12, 9, 7, 6, IO, 1B, 1A, SV, ES, E1, C2, C1, A1 are also excluded.

For sailings departing on or after April 12, 2023: Captain's Club one-category upgrade excludes categories: IS, ES, SV, SC, PO, DO, DI, DV and Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Islandbuoy said:

The fact that a 2A and FV are priced the same in this case,Have the 2A  want to get the FV!

In short be customer concious?

With the cabins being priced the same you should be able to talk to Celebrity or your TA about moving to a FV.

5 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

How far away is your cruise?  Usually when it gets close to sailing, Celebrity opens up these 4 cabins for anyone to book.  Good luck in getting one.

Guessing M class, total of 12.  

Great cabins.

Your best but potentially expensive bet, depending upon how long ago and at what price you booked the C1, is to cancel/rebook the cabin you really want.

If school is in session during your cruise, a smart TA knows how to pry one loose early for just 2 pax.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Islandbuoy said:

The fact that a 2A and FV are priced the same in this case,Have the 2A  want to get the FV!

In short be customer concious?

I don't understand. If they're the same price just cancel your booking and change categories. No upgrade needed.

Otherwise? They are not going to make an exception. The price is the price.

Just now, upwarduk said:
5 minutes ago, SusieV said:

If they're the same price just cancel your booking and change categories. 

FV’ s are kept for families, but are released if not sold a few months before the cruise.

We got one on a Infinity TA in October 2013 and it was the same price as our 2A cabin.

41 minutes ago, SusieV said:

I don't understand. If they're the same price just cancel your booking and change categories. No upgrade needed.

Sounds like the OP booked this cruise a while back ... In which case, the OP gets credit for the price originally paid less any NRD, and then has to pay the additional cost for currently inflated price for the new cabin. 

What the OP did NOT say was that the current price of a C1 was what he paid for it!

31 minutes ago, canderson said:

Sounds like the OP booked this cruise a while back ... In which case, the OP gets credit for the price originally paid less any NRD, and then has to pay the additional cost for currently inflated price for the new cabin. 

What the OP did NOT say was that the current price of a C1 was what he paid for it!

Ahh ok. Well the current price of said cabins has nothing to do with anything, let alone the Captain's Club upgrade.

6 hours ago, Islandbuoy said:

my TA has gone to bat for me with no luck.. Trying to find someone who made it work!

We have booked the family cabins at least 15 times.  As many have mentioned, they are not eligible for the one category Captains Club upgrade.  During the late 90's we did get CC upgrades into the larger family cabins but they were outside cabins (Century class) and were designated as Cat 3 cabins.  The upgrade was worth about $200 pp for 1st/2nd.  

8 hours ago, canderson said:

Guessing M class, total of 12.  

Great cabins.

Your best but potentially expensive bet, depending upon how long ago and at what price you booked the C1, is to cancel/rebook the cabin you really want.

If school is in session during your cruise, a smart TA knows how to pry one loose early for just 2 pax.

You're right abut 12 on M class.  For some reason I was thinking of the 4 big ones on S class.  I'm a bit muddled today and in the process of packing which I hate!