Royal Suite and guests

APFBarb

Will be sailing in January in a Royal Suite.  Can we invite friends (not in suites) to join us for dinner or lunch in our cabin since we'll have a proper table. 

Can they occasionally join us in Luminae?  Understand there is a fee for non suites guests for Luminae.

3 hours ago, APFBarb said:

Will be sailing in January in a Royal Suite.  Can we invite friends (not in suites) to join us for dinner or lunch in our cabin since we'll have a proper table.

Yes, definitely, but please give your butler a heads up the day before so that it can be planned and worked into his/her schedule properly for you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Yes, please arrange in advance with your butler.  But a small tip:  once we ordered the dinners so far in advance that by the time the night arrived, none of us could remember what we had ordered!  So make a note so it's easier for the butler to serve you.

Linda, we take a copy of our dining plan sent to the shoreside concierge with us so we know what restaurants are expecting us!

You can even have a party for many.  Once on Constellation our entire roll call joined Royal Suite cruisers for a party.  They arranged  with their butler for plattters of snacks  and each guest cabin brought a bottle of wine to share.  We all met there after our organized Cabin Crawl and the party lasted for literally hours.  As frequent cruisers I am certain the butler was well taken care of.  We were in a Celebrity Suite and included it in the Cabin Crawl.  That cruise had such a great roll call we also enjoyed a Bar Crawl, Poker Draw, Meet and Greet Gift Exchange, a SailAway on copter deck and finally a group dinner.  One great gourp of fun cruisers.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

Linda, we take a copy of our dining plan sent to the shoreside concierge with us so we know what restaurants are expecting us!

We weren't forgetting restaurants, we were dining in our suite.  What we forgot was the meals everyone had ordered.  It was pretty funny, and we sorted it all out and nobody went hungry.  That's why I suggest that folks make a note of what they order if they order in advance.  Then when the butler asks who gets the whatever, you'll know the answer.

3 hours ago, Snit13 said:

You can even have a party for many.  Once on Constellation our entire roll call joined Royal Suite cruisers for a party.  They arranged  with their butler for plattters of snacks  and each guest cabin brought a bottle of wine to share.  We all met there after our organized Cabin Crawl and the party lasted for literally hours.  As frequent cruisers I am certain the butler was well taken care of.  We were in a Celebrity Suite and included it in the Cabin Crawl.  That cruise had such a great roll call we also enjoyed a Bar Crawl, Poker Draw, Meet and Greet Gift Exchange, a SailAway on copter deck and finally a group dinner.  One great gourp of fun cruisers.

Yes, it can be done.  Once upon a time we invited the entire roll call to the PH for sailaway.  About 125 people showed up.  It was a tad crowded, but can be done in an M class PH.  But I prefer smaller gatherings.

Thank you all for all the  great replies and ideas to make it a real party!!!  We've been in suites before but under utilized the resources available.   The staff were always great and yes well compensated by us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Yes, it can be done.  Once upon a time we invited the entire roll call to the PH for sailaway.  About 125 people showed up.  It was a tad crowded, but can be done in an M class PH.  But I prefer smaller gatherings.

We tried to do something similar on a much smaller scale.  We were in a RS and I had coordinated the Cabin Crawl.  I wanted to have the folks who offered   to show there cabins back to our Suite for a small gathering -15 including us.  I spoke to the Retreat Concierge didn't ask for any wine or liquor just some snacks, cheese and crackers and some shrimp.  A short time later the Suite Manager

contacted us and said we would be charged  for any snacks, cheese plates,  shrimp, etc but Celebrity would provide us 2 bottles of the Celebrity Sparkling wine.   What I found amusing was that 11 of the  group were in suites, including 2 in a PH.  The Retreat Concierge was horrified and worked out a way get this done without the Suite Mgr charging us. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

We tried to do something similar on a much smaller scale.  We were in a RS and I had coordinated the Cabin Crawl.  I wanted to have the folks who offered   to show there cabins back to our Suite for a small gathering -15 including us.  I spoke to the Retreat Concierge didn't ask for any wine or liquor just some snacks, cheese and crackers and some shrimp.  A short time later the Suite Manager

contacted us and said we would be charged  for any snacks, cheese plates,  shrimp, etc but Celebrity would provide us 2 bottles of the Celebrity Sparkling wine.   What I found amusing was that 11 of the  group were in suites, including 2 in a PH.  The Retreat Concierge was horrified and worked out a way get this done without the Suite Mgr charging us. 

Tip of the day:  always organize something like this with your butler.  Do not involve the shoreside concierge or the suite concierges.  Apparently they have been instructed to try to charge for this.  When the shoreside concierge called me before my last cruise, I asked her to alert the butler that we would be holding a sailaway party in our PH.  She responded by sending me a catering menu with outrageous setup and food charges.  I just never sent it back.  It wasn't my first rodeo and I knew there would be no charge if the butler set it up.  Just worked with him when we got on the ship.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone in recent times (post COVID, optimally in 2022) confirm ability to bring guests into Luminae at a cost? I booked a few months ago in a RS on Solstice and have convinced my mom to come along. We want cabins near each other and imagine she'll hang out with me in the RS a lot, so she will not be in a suite of her own. I've read somewhere here that solo Retreat guests aren't charged for a guest to join them in Luminae, but at this point with the amount of OBC I need to get rid of, it won't be a big deal if I have to pay. I imagine we'll really only do Luminae for dinners. I understand guests are space available in Luminae, but a table set for me is going to inherently have room for my mom so I don't anticipate that being an issue.

Yes, you can do this.  Just clear it with the maitre d'.  Prior to covid, when I sailed solo in a suite, I was told by the maitre d' that I could bring a guest at no cost since I had paid for two.  That was on the Equinox.  I don't know if it's ship specific or if it's up to the maitre d'.  Since covid, I've not sailed solo in a suite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2022 at 11:40 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Tip of the day:  always organize something like this with your butler.  Do not involve the shoreside concierge or the suite concierges.  Apparently they have been instructed to try to charge for this.  When the shoreside concierge called me before my last cruise, I asked her to alert the butler that we would be holding a sailaway party in our PH.  She responded by sending me a catering menu with outrageous setup and food charges.  I just never sent it back.  It wasn't my first rodeo and I knew there would be no charge if the butler set it up.  Just worked with him when we got on the ship.

Valuable tip!!  thanks!  Safe sailing 🙂

On 7/21/2022 at 2:52 PM, C4HCG said:

Anyone know if I can invite guests to my inside room if I buy the drinks? Just wondered 😂

Yes.   It's your room and you can do with it a you wish.   You can drink whatever you wish and order whatever you wish.