CCL Share Dilution

Billish

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

But not with Med, Canary or even summer Baltic weather.

Come on! We have just had better weather than most places...and certainly better than Norway and the Baltic. Our entertainment is also much better!

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

Past experiences precovid most not really applicable now but my experience is post pandemic 

Mine is all three...past. present and future

. Precovid experience seems to be about the same as now seeing the cruise lines fly in the face of reality by believing no restrictions are necessary and covid is over. By hell they are in for a shock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billish said:

Can't say I'd get worked up about a 7 day cruise out of Southampton on Iona in the middle of February !

As DW's birthday is the middle of February She would find 7 days as you describe quite acceptable. 2 weeks in Barbados more so.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

. Precovid experience seems to be about the same as now seeing the cruise lines fly in the face of reality by believing no restrictions are necessary and covid is over. By hell they are in for a shock.

How was your cruise in the future?.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

I thought you cancelled your P&O cruises

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

It wasn't a criticism, it was a question (and you haven't answered it, so I am still none the wiser).

Sorry will try again so the original question was you have knowledge that they will be going bankrupt, hopefully not before my TA this year

2 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

Come on! We have just had better weather than most places...and certainly better than Norway and the Baltic. Our entertainment is also much better!

If you genuinely live in Yorkshire then you know we only have about a dozen summer holiday weather days a year, and they can be quite spread out.

5 hours ago, Bazrat said:

Is there a off season ?

Perhaps I used the wrong phrase but yes I would say there are definitely high and low seasons just like for any other type of holiday.

Just look at the prices and you can see exactly when they are, most prices rise for school breaks, bank or public holidays like Easter or Christmas. The same cruise a week later can be a lot less.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

If you genuinely live in Yorkshire then you know we only have about a dozen summer holiday weather days a year, and they can be quite spread out.

I live in Leeds. Last year we had twenty seven days which were over 25* which I believe is more than Norway, the Baltic and much of Northern Europe. Admittedly not as warm as the Med though. Maybe you were on a cruise for many of those days. LOL

6 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

I live in Leeds. Last year we had twenty seven days which were over 25* which I believe is more than Norway, the Baltic and much of Northern Europe. Admittedly not as warm as the Med though. Maybe you were on a cruise for many of those days. LOL

I would need to check what Huddersfields was, but I doubt it was anything like that, certainly not in the west of the town  towards jct 23, and anyway there were no waiters to fetch me a cooling drink.

15 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

Do you not realise John was joking, or do you not have a sense of humour ?

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I would need to check what Huddersfields was, but I doubt it was anything like that, certainly not in the west of the town  towards jct 23, and anyway there were no waiters to fetch me a cooling drink.

We were in Norway last week. About 20oC. Many would have thought that was ' Better ' than Surrey last week. Perhaps your fellow Yorkshireman has been told bigger is better.🤣

8 hours ago, Billish said:

Do you not realise John was joking, or do you not have a sense of humour ?

I hope John wasn't Joking. We have just booked a week in Huddersfield for September.🤣

12 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Perhaps I used the wrong phrase but yes I would say there are definitely high and low seasons just like for any other type of holiday.

Just look at the prices and you can see exactly when they are, most prices rise for school breaks, bank or public holidays like Easter or Christmas. The same cruise a week later can be a lot less.

During school holidays I would definitely classify as low season

1 minute ago, Bazrat said:

During school holidays I would definitely classify as low season

In my case it’s called avoid season! Too busy, made the mistake recently as I didn’t realise it was an English holiday as ours are different.

Never again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

In my case it’s called avoid season! Too busy, made the mistake recently as I didn’t realise it was an English holiday as ours are different.

Never again.

I guess it depends if you are cruising with young children, we went with our younger son and family on Independence of the seas, and despite it being in the main summer holidays and full of families, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Whether we would have enjoyed it quite as much had we been on our own is difficult to judge.

16 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

Think we may have to move away from the coast, if we get ten a year its a bonus😂😂😂

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I guess it depends if you are cruising with young children, we went with our younger son and family on Independence of the seas, and despite it being in the main summer holidays and full of families, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Whether we would have enjoyed it quite as much had we been on our own is difficult to judge.

Fair point.

My issue was not the children or families, it was the fact the ship was rammed as cabins were 3 and 4 up so everywhere was busy.I would have been just as annoyed if the cabins had been filled with adults, it was all too busy and service diminished because of it.

School holiday sailings are generally at or near capacity which is what puts me off.

• Like 1

Agree, that is why I will only sail on Adult only ships.  Must say haven't missed cruising at all.  The weather has been wonderful so far this year and we have had some really great UK breaks,  2 weeks in September coming up, going to places we have never been.  Next cruise is October 2023!.  Err, that is if they haven't sold Aurora by then.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Agree, that is why I will only sail on Adult only ships.  Must say haven't missed cruising at all.  The weather has been wonderful so far this year and we have had some really great UK breaks,  2 weeks in September coming up, going to places we have never been.  Next cruise is October 2023!.  Err, that is if they haven't sold Aurora by then.

We haven't missed cruising either. 3 last year and 3 this year. Some nice UK and foreign breaks as well. Gave Devon a miss this year.🤣

• Like 3