Does Princess Allow Cruise Repricing

CyberTag

We have sailed with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity numerous times and are new to Princess.  We are planning a June/July 2023 Alaska land/sea cruise.  If we book now and the cruise price goes down, can we have the trip repriced?  Royal Caribbean and Celebrity will do a price adjustment before final payment and after final payment will give OBC.  Wondering what Princess allows, if anything.  

4 minutes ago, CyberTag said:

We have sailed with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity numerous times and are new to Princess.  We are planning a June/July 2023 Alaska land/sea cruise.  If we book now and the cruise price goes down, can we have the trip repriced?  Royal Caribbean and Celebrity will do a price adjustment before final payment and after final payment will give OBC.  Wondering what Princess allows, if anything.  

Definitely before final payment .  After final payment, some TA’s have repriced it and some have not been able to.  If you use a PVP or CVP through Princess they have been able to reprice for me after final payment, or if you booked directly with Princess.  So it does vary a little. 

Whomever you’re booking through, you should ask them.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CyberTag said:

You may have a problem if you booked the cruise tour including the pre-cruise or post-cruise land portion. The cruise tour is priced as a single price - the land and cruise portions are not priced separately. You probably won't be able to reprice if the cruise price goes down unless the cruise tour price goes down. Since cruise tours often sell out, there is a good chance that there won't be a lower price on the cruise tour even if the price of the cruise decreases.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

You may have a problem if you booked the cruise tour including the pre-cruise or post-cruise land portion. The cruise tour is priced as a single price - the land and cruise portions are not priced separately. You probably won't be able to reprice if the cruise price goes down unless the cruise tour price goes down. Since cruise tours often sell out, there is a good chance that there won't be a lower price on the cruise tour even if the price of the cruise decreases.

Good to know! Thank you.

Also keep in mind that certain pricing might come with perks that you could lose if you re-fare. For example, if you booked during a promotion where you paid $900 per person with gratuities and a free Specialty Dining meal included and the fare later drops to $800 per person, you can get the lower fare but you will lose the add-ons that you had before. So make sure that you do all the math because your new fare comes only with whatever perks are being offered at that time. 

• Like 4

Ditto to what JimmyVWine said.  Promos go away so make sure the net difference is what you're looking for. 

Once I tried to refare and they wouldn't let me cuz my cabin category was sold out.  So, I cancelled that cabin and booked another category (same cabin style just a different location) and saved quite a bit.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Also keep in mind that certain pricing might come with perks that you could lose if you re-fare. For example, if you booked during a promotion where you paid $900 per person with gratuities and a free Specialty Dining meal included and the fare later drops to $800 per person, you can get the lower fare but you will lose the add-ons that you had before. So make sure that you do all the math because your new fare comes only with whatever perks are being offered at that time. 

Thank you.  I am aware of this. 

1 hour ago, Blondilu said:

Ditto to what JimmyVWine said.  Promos go away so make sure the net difference is what you're looking for. 

Once I tried to refare and they wouldn't let me cuz my cabin category was sold out.  So, I cancelled that cabin and booked another category (same cabin style just a different location) and saved quite a bit.

If you cancel and rebook instead of refaring, you need to watch out for a couple of other potential problems:

• If you have booked EZAir flights, they disappear with the cancellation and you have to rebook. You may not be able to get the same flights or they may cost more.
  • If you have booked shore excursions, they disappear and you have to rebook. They may be sold out, or the price may have increased.

7 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

If you cancel and rebook instead of refaring, you need to watch out for a couple of other potential problems:

• If you have booked EZAir flights, they disappear with the cancellation and you have to rebook. You may not be able to get the same flights or they may cost more.
  • If you have booked shore excursions, they disappear and you have to rebook. They may be sold out, or the price may have increased.

If you book with a CVP they can "lift and shift" EZAIR and shore excursions. Don't know if this is possible with a TA, read it wasn't possible with BigBox