Uber/Lift or Cab from Miami hotel?

jp2746

We will be staying at a hotel near the airport the night before our cruise.  I was planning on using Uber but since a lot of people will probably be doing this would it be better to just take a cab?  I know there will be a price difference.  Does anyone know the cost of Uber vs. a cab from the Miami airport?  How is Uber/Lift on boarding days.  I am guessing that since our ship is almost sold out and there are 6k that can be on the ship, there are going to be a lot of people requesting rides.  Any experience with this???

39 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

We will be staying at a hotel near the airport the night before our cruise.  I was planning on using Uber..

I know there will be a price difference.  Does anyone know the cost of Uber vs. a cab from the Miami airport?  

Our experiences this past Apr on a Thurs afternoon & Fri at 11AM:

*Miami airport to Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel on N. Bayshore Dr - taxi (van) was $23 + tip  (4 bags + c/o)

*Marriott Hotel to Port of Miami Terminal G - Uber $14.37 + tip

Thank you.  I checked the site referred above and it looks like it is $27 flat rate from the airport.  I'll try Uber, but if they are busy we will just shuttle back to the airport (staying at the Residence Inn at the airport so it is free) and catch a cab.  I'm sure that they will be lined up at arrivals.  

28 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

Thank you.  I checked the site referred above and it looks like it is $27 flat rate from the airport.  I'll try Uber, but if they are busy we will just shuttle back to the airport (staying at the Residence Inn at the airport so it is free) and catch a cab.  I'm sure that they will be lined up at arrivals.  

Way too much effort. Uber or Lyft to the port. Lyft is usually a few bucks cheaper. 

I think the $27 flat rate from the airport only applies if you are picked up at the actual airport.  From a nearby hotel, they will use the meter.  Having said that, I think we typically have paid about $25 for the trip including a tip.  It’s a quick trip.  We have used both Uber and taxis.  Both are in the same ballpark as far as I’m concerned.   If there’s a taxi waiting, we jump in.  Otherwise we order an Uber. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising

If you decide to use a taxi ask the hotel front desk to call one for you - they know who is reliable.  As mentioned above fare will be on the meter instead of the flat rate but should be close to the same fare (+tip).

On 7/26/2022 at 6:06 AM, JohninDC said:

If you decide to use a taxi ask the hotel front desk to call one for you - they know who is reliable.  As mentioned above fare will be on the meter instead of the flat rate but should be close to the same fare (+tip).

I favor keeping it simple …. Ask the front desk. 

On 7/25/2022 at 6:18 PM, jp2746 said:

You can book an Uber in advance (we have booked one the day before we wanted the ride). You don't have to wait until right before you are ready to go. That way you have a reservation and don't have to worry that they might be too busy.

14 hours ago, jp2746 said:

I did a mock reservation on Uber for our date at 10:00 am.  It was $40 for an Uber to the port from the airport hotel!  Wow. That doesn’t include a tip.  That’s crazy.  

If you are scheduling ahead, they do add a large surcharge for that so it could be causing the rate to be higher.