Is the Oceanview Café 24/7?

OttawaJohn

I searched but can't seem to find a simple answer to this.  Is the buffet open 24 hours on Celeb?  I know they probably close for a period to transition between meals but otherwise?

Thanks in advance

No, 0700-01:00 typically

The main meal periods are usually 07:00-10:00 Breakfast, 12:00 - 14:30 Lunch, 17:45 - 21:30 Dinner, then 22:00 - 01:00 'Late'.

Service is often closed for a short period between the meal times while they clean and reset.

'Late' = Pizza...

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Why, are you worried you will not get fed enough?

I'll choose to take that as a genuine concern for us

No, that's not my concern though. 

On a previous cruise, the buffet was only open for specific set hours for meals.  My wife and I tend to eat at odd hours and so often couldn't get anything as the buffet was closed when we were hungry.

So, when cruising on a new line, I like to see how they operate, so we can be prepared.

Thanks Mark_T for the info!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

There is always food between 7am and 1am. Some sections closed to transition the meals but not all. On early port days and disembarking day it will open earlier. Times will be posted in the daily you get each evening

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If you have the Celebrity app you can find the hours the Oceanview  and other venues.

Breakfast 6:30 -11

Lunch 12 - 2:30

Snacks 3:30 - 4 30

Dinner 6- 9:30

Late Night 10-1

Very cool, did not know that, a great tip, thanks!

9 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Why, are you worried you will not get fed enough?

I find that's a completely legitimate question. I often have to work late hours past midnight and have used late night room service as the only way to eat at 3am.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

If I'm not mistaken the Coffee and drinks are available 24 hours a day.   I've never been up there between 1AM and early.

Yes but after lunch time with the coffee, don't be surprised if the coffee urn is cold or empty, may need to ask a crew member to start a new "pot".

Just now, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yes but after lunch time with the coffee, don't be surprised if the coffee urn is cold or empty, may need to ask a crew member to start a new "pot".

Agree -- I try not to drink it as it's like battery acid but sometimes when I get up really early I need it to kick start.   I've never found it cold but have had it pretty "concentrated"

I often brink a Travel French Press and just go for the Hot Water.

• Like 2

I understand your question. We got back from an excursion at 3pm and without doing room service we only found burgers, hot dogs and fries.  That was fine with us and it wasn't that long until dinner time hours.

1 hour ago, Vlgg731 said:

I understand your question. We got back from an excursion at 3pm and without doing room service we only found burgers, hot dogs and fries.  That was fine with us and it wasn't that long until dinner time hours.

You may have been just a touch early.   All the ships i've been on recently they have Afternoon "Tea" at 3:30 or 4:00 -   Finger Sandwiches, mini quiche, scones and jams and sweets.    We've found it perfect when returning from a late excursion.    I think they list it in the paper daily planner but can' find it in the app

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vlgg731 said:

That sounds like the Mast Grill by the pool.  I have gotten food at the Oceanview at that time.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I find that's a completely legitimate question. I often have to work late hours past midnight and have used late night room service as the only way to eat at 3am.

I hear you.   For 3 years  I worked from 5am- 2pm, and even on vacation, I was up by 4:00 or 4:30 am.  Not an easy time of the morning to find a hot meal or a good cup of coffee.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

You may have been just a touch early.   All the ships i've been on recently they have Afternoon "Tea" at 3:30 or 4:00 -   Finger Sandwiches, mini quiche, scones and jams and sweets.    We've found it perfect when returning from a late excursion.    I think they list it in the paper daily planner but can' find it in the app

Thanks.  I'll keep that in mind next time.

31 minutes ago, Vlgg731 said:

Thanks.  I'll keep that in mind next time.

I often forget it but is just the amount of snack to take the edge off.    If you need a sugar hit al Bacio also have some tasty deserts available all afternoon and evening.  My favorite are these little Lemon Tarts (about the size of quarter)

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I often forget it but is just the amount of snack to take the edge off.    If you need a sugar hit al Bacio also have some tasty deserts available all afternoon and evening.  My favorite are these little Lemon Tarts (about the size of quarter)

That's our favorite place after a late return as well, love the lemon tarts.

• Like 1