CCL stocks back town to Covid low

Ptroxx

CCL stock is back to to its Covid low at around 8.50 a share.     Grab 100 shares for your free OBC offers.    

I’m not a financial advisor. But I’ve stayed at a holiday inn once.  

E823F6A2-06D6-4824-BC33-BFE0CF55054E.png

C9971CD6-E10A-40ED-BECF-7D81B8FC2579.png

1E6C9014-2C40-4CEC-B25F-F1492E3EE753.jpeg

• Haha 2

Isn't the reason for them being very low the same reason you SHOULDN'T buy any? They could be dog-tucker. Am hesitant to pay for my cruise in case they fold.. but am hoping they recover and am wanting to travel again. 

3 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

Isn't the reason for them being very low the same reason you SHOULDN'T buy any?

Depends, does your crystal ball say recovery or bankruptcy? "Kicking a dead horse" or "what doesn't kill you , makes you stronger"? Only time will tell.

4 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

Isn't the reason for them being very low the same reason you SHOULDN'T buy any? They could be dog-tucker. Am hesitant to pay for my cruise in case they fold.. but am hoping they recover and am wanting to travel again. 

If they didnt fold during covid I don’t think when they are so busy as they are now are going to fold.  
just seems like a time to buy.    But what do I know. I’m not a financial guru.   
Sunday will be my 4 cruise since they’ve been back.    
get out and travel. This is t going anywhere anytime soon.    Live your life. 

• Like 8

Rising interest rates, share dilution and overly strict adherence to suggested regulations.  The new CEO takes the helm in a few short days I expect there will be remarks as the old CEO steps down and the new one enters.  The new CEO is a lawyer and we used to jokingly say the lawyers are the second to last step before the accountants start tallying for liquidation - the lawyer sets it up, the account divides it up

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

Am hesitant to pay for my cruise in case they fold

why would they fold? My Nov cruise is practically sold out, and the prices are quite high, especially compared to pre-covid.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 4

I already have the stock and I have no plans to purchase more.  But If I could have purchased 100 shares on Jan 1, 2022 at $8.56 per share, and CCL is still in business in December 2022, I would have already made up my purchase price in OBCs in less than a year.  If you cruise often, the risk is pretty small at these prices, even if CCL ceases operations. If CCL remains in business and they do not eliminate the shareholder benefit, the upside is a share price that will increase and a "tax free dividend" you get on every cruise.

• Like 5

My skill level in in stock purchases is less than stellar..... my wife has remarked more than once that..."if you were  to invest in a turkey farm , the government would outlaw thanksgiving! "

BUT .....I just bought 100 shares, as we have 3 cruises in the next 12 months. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, tml1230 said:

My skill level in in stock purchases is less than stellar..... my wife has remarked more than once that..."if you were  to invest in a turkey farm , the government would outlaw thanksgiving! "

BUT .....I just bought 100 shares, as we have 3 cruises in the next 12 months. 

Are they 7 day cruises ?    100 each 300.00.  No matter what the stock does your winning. Lolol.    I just wished I cruised more on CCL/ princess. 
one person mentioned they have 8 cruises booked. That’s 800.00 bucks about what he paid for the stock. 
 Without a magic 🎱 who knows.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

CCL stock is back to to its Covid low at around 8.50 a share.     Grab 100 shares for your free OBC offers.    

I’m not a financial advisor. But I’ve stayed at a holiday inn once.  

E823F6A2-06D6-4824-BC33-BFE0CF55054E.png

C9971CD6-E10A-40ED-BECF-7D81B8FC2579.png

1E6C9014-2C40-4CEC-B25F-F1492E3EE753.jpeg

Terrible.  Wish I had sold the low cost shares I added last year back in the Winter when I had made some.  Sigh.  As long as they don't go bankrupt, it will come back, but I have a lot of dead money expecting cruising to roar back. 

19 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Terrible.  Wish I had sold the low cost shares I added last year back in the Winter when I had made some.  Sigh.  As long as they don't go bankrupt, it will come back, but I have a lot of dead money expecting cruising to roar back. 

Have you use them for OBC ?    

I bought mine at 8.49 3 weeks ago.  And already got 100.00 OBC for my cruise this Sunday.    So I’m up 100.00. Lolol.  
just wish I cruised more on CCL princess.  

I need some RC as I usually cruise on there more.  My goal is to have 100 of each of the big 3 for OBC.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Have you use them for OBC ?    

I bought mine at 8.49 3 weeks ago.  And already got 100.00 OBC for my cruise this Sunday.    So I’m up 100.00. Lolol.  
just wish I cruised more on CCL princess.  

I need some RC as I usually cruise on there more.  My goal is to have 100 of each of the big 3 for OBC.  

I owned 100 shares for a very long time and when price dropping bought 100 more in wife name as well.  Then I bought more at the bottom area on spec (but not all at the old $8.50 range).  Now it is back there again.  Mkts flew up today and CCL up to $8.80 (whoop-de-doo).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I owned 100 shares for a very long time and when price dropping bought 100 more in wife name as well.  Then I bought more at the bottom area on spec (but not all at the old $8.50 range).  Now it is back there again.  Mkts flew up today and CCL up to $8.80 (whoop-de-doo).

So how many times have you gotten OBC for your shares ?    

28 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

So how many times have you gotten OBC for your shares ?    

Don't recall, but getting $550 this Fall.  I know what you are getting at, but my original shares cost a lot more than $9 or in the teens.  It's fine.  My only problem is the extras I bought during Covid drop and expecting to make some decent bucks and now they are bottomed out again with this economic situation of inflation and recession.  TBH, I have not tracked the number of times I have made OBC - usually $100, but $250 at least once or twice before this Fall.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Don't recall, but getting $550 this Fall.  I know what you are getting at, but my original shares cost a lot more than $9 or in the teens.  It's fine.  My only problem is the extras I bought during Covid drop and expecting to make some decent bucks and now they are bottomed out again with this economic situation of inflation and recession.  TBH, I have not tracked the number of times I have made OBC - usually $100, but $250 at least once or twice before this Fall.

I’m ok with it going lower. I’ll buy more. And that will be investment.  
what goes down usually goes up. 
man’s I don’t see cc going under.  Even with the new ceo/lawyer.  
this 100 I have is just for OBC. Lol.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

why would they fold? My Nov cruise is practically sold out, and the prices are quite high, especially compared to pre-covid.

"Why would they fold"? Because they've burned through billions and are still losing hundreds of millions a month.. interest rates are rising and we're facing a recession. They've got to roll all their lending over. They're sailing at under capacity and the cruiseline business has copped a ton of flack. They've got a shocking environmental record and they require a ton of oil.. which although has come down in price of late.. is still at rather elevated levels and likely to stay there with Putin not looking like backing down anytime soon. The investment experts are flagging it as a sell and the price of the shares are reflective of how tough things are for them. I'm not an investment expert.. but if you ever wanted to pick a risky stock.. there's one with risky written all over it lol. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kansas Gal said:

Is it any different from the rest of your portfolio?  Everything is down these days.

Percentages, always the percentages.  Sure many investments are down but not this far down.

I own my mandatory 100 shares for OBC but do not consider any cruise line a good investment right now.   Continued Covid stringent protocols, rising interest rates, inflation, supply chain - what’s wrong with this picture?   Some of these pressures aren’t visible to the customer. I am no fan of the Covid protocols but I am a customer and that issue is insignificant , the crew protocols where they are being constantly pulled out of service is an economic drag and a true bottom line issue,  federal workers not processing crew visas causing labor shortages, parts, fuel, food are all harder to get and more expensive.   

The consumer seems to be enjoying a last hoorah booking cruises but if the housing market is any indication the lines may see a wave of cancellations in the next 6 months.  Let’s hope the new management is smart enough to handle the financial landscape.  

The current management focused on hotel and resort services and that is fine and good but that is not going to be the skill set needed in the next few years.  I think strategic planning and positioning, carving up niches and deploying the fleet to fill those niches, jettisoning the dead weight are going to be more important than the latest dining options.

As to the Covid protocols I think their major impact now is in the insurances and assurances of the Covid programs.  As long as there are tests they will need to issue FCCs, another negative 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MTNest93 said:

I'm so tempted!  I like to look at low stock prices are being "on sale", but I'm concerned about a new CEO taking over.

Sometimes,when stocks are 'on sale' ... it's the same sale as day-old bread...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Continued Covid stringent protocols

what's left of the protocols is no longer stringent, and more and more of them are getting cancelled every day.

When we sailed on the Allure last month, there were a couple of Covid protocols in place (vaccinations for 12 and up, pre-cruise testing, and masks for crew). Nothing else, though - it was like the pandemic never happened. Sure enough, we got covid on this cruise. RCI has just announced that tests are no longer required for cruises under 6 days, despite the fact that many passengers and crew have been getting covid on each sailing. But they don't count because many passengers develop symptoms on disembarkation day or the day after which doesn't get reported to the cruise line.

Looks like things are looking up for those who are very adamantly opposed to any covid protocols, are eager to ignore the ongoing pandemic and want to pretend that things are completely back to normal.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

.... " but if you ever wanted to pick a risky stock.. there's one with risky written all over it lol.  "

kinda like the airline industry. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, c-boy said:

.... " but if you ever wanted to pick a risky stock.. there's one with risky written all over it lol.  "

kinda like the airline industry. 🤷🏾‍♂️

What are you talking about @c-boy?

It went up today!

😬