Birthday celebrations?

Does RC do anything special for a birthday celebration if requested? I can’t find anything available for purchase in the cruise planner, so I’m not sure.

I currently have a surprise cruise booked for my husband’s 40th in January for us and two of his best friends. We will be in port on his actual birthday, and I’d love to have something fun planned for him for when we return to the ship!

5 minutes ago, PSU_Redhead said:

Does RC do anything special for a birthday celebration if requested? I can’t find anything available for purchase in the cruise planner, so I’m not sure.

Hmmm, that is odd--you should find a couple of options under "Gifts & Gear." Maybe try back later?  Unfortunately the website is notoriously glitchy. 😕

5 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Hmmm, that is odd--you should find a couple of options under "Gifts & Gear." Maybe try back later?  Unfortunately the website is notoriously glitchy. 😕

All I see there are chocolate covered strawberries (with or without champagne) to be delivered on day one, or a cheese tray (with or without wine), or the soft octopus travel set. 😩

30 minutes ago, PSU_Redhead said:

All I see there are chocolate covered strawberries (with or without champagne) to be delivered on day one, or a cheese tray (with or without wine), or the soft octopus travel set. 😩

Gifts and gear under celebrations. Click on gifts and it will not be there. If the home page opens with the picture of strawberries you need to click on the arrow on the left side of the strawberries.  Lots of things have changed for the worse since covid.

1. Happy Anniversary Room Decor

ANNIVERSARY STATEROOM DECOR 

$39.99USD

Edited by taglovestocruise

Unsure of what kind of thing you're looking for, but you say you'll be on the ship for a few days before his birthday.   You could try going to Guest Services to see if they could help to put your plans into action.

I think the only things you can pre purchase online are decorations for the cabin, a birthday cake and the chocolate strawberries, but they tend to send these on day one, as someone else stated, I don't know why.

We were on Wonder for the TA in April, and it was my birthday, and friends we were travelling with had ordered the decorations and chocolate strawberries for me, but whoever was responsible for decorating my cabin etc, got it wrong and decorated my friends cabin and she got the chocolate strawberries, guest services managed to fix it, on my actual birthday!!!      lol

• Haha 3

I forgot to add, you can request for the Cruise Director during their show to wish happy birthday to your husband.    My friends did this for me too, only issue was I never saw  or heard it, because we never have the tv on in the cabin unless I'm checking our account, but I was told by others that they saw & heard the shout out!!!   lol

54 minutes ago, PSU_Redhead said:

I currently have a surprise cruise booked for my husband’s 40th in January for us and two of his best friends. We will be in port on his actual birthday, and I’d love to have something fun planned for him for when we return to the ship!

As a general rule of thumb, guys hate surprises 😒 

• Haha 4

If you tell your dining room waiters they will bring a dessert with a candle and sing happy birthday. No additional charge.

If you want something more elaborate, you can order a birthday cake (full cake) and they will bring with candles and sing.  There is a fee for the cake. 

15 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

If you tell your dining room waiters they will bring a dessert with a candle and sing happy birthday. No additional charge.

Do you tell them the day of the birthday or before?  I am traveling with friends and one of them is having a birthday on day 5 of our 7 night cruise.  I would like to surprise her with the dessert and the happy birthday singing.

Rather than do anything "Royal-based" for the birthday, I would recommend packing some simple decorations (Dollar Tree has a huge selection) and then discuss it privately with your room steward.  

Write a note explaining what you are doing and when you want it done (date and time of day, like "Day 5 between 10am-noon"), and put a sticky note on each individual decoration package specifying where you want each item placed in the room ("outside of cabin door", "vanity mirror", "bathroom mirror", "wall above couch", etc.).  

You can get exactly the decorations you want and have them placed exactly where you want them, for significantly less money than buying the generic Royal birthday package (even after slipping the room steward some cash for the extra service). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

As a general rule of thumb, guys hate surprises 😒 

Well, I think I know my husband pretty well after being married to him for 15 years. He loves surprises and would likely be sorely disappointed if I *didn’t* do something to honor this milestone birthday. But thank you for your input. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree! Then as Birthdays go, think celebrated 4 in last 45yrs.

I literally never celebrate my birthday.  Nobody has ever done anything for it. But this year I turned 40, and he arranged a huge surprise for me. It’s provably only the 4th or 5th birthday I can remember actually celebrating in any way.  

He, on the other hand, practically celebrates an entire birthday month every single year. Everyone in his family makes a huge deal out of birthdays. He would be bummed for sure if I didn’t do something big for his milestone birthday. 

Sorry you haven’t had the chance to celebrate more birthdays.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

Rather than do anything "Royal-based" for the birthday, I would recommend packing some simple decorations (Dollar Tree has a huge selection) and then discuss it privately with your room steward.  

We decorate for almost ever cruise from the $1.25 Tree. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PSU_Redhead said:

Well, I think I know my husband pretty well after being married to him for 15 years. He loves surprises and would likely be sorely disappointed if I *didn’t* do something to honor this milestone birthday. But thank you for your input. 

There is one surprise I could get behind😁

This is all good info.  My 50th (Gasp) will be on a sea day on Wonder next year.  I usually sail during my birthday month since its the slowest at work but usually a few weeks before.  I was not able to do anything grand for my husbands 50th ( Due to the pandemic) but I am looking forward to celebrating 50 at sea.  

Last fall we sailed the week of my husband's birthday.  I preordered the birthday decorations and they were hanging in the cabin when we were given access that afternoon.  He loved it and even kept the decorations and brought them home!  We had reservations for dinner at Chops on his actual birthday and I told them ahead of time.  When we were finished they brought him a nice dessert with "Happy Birthday Steve" drizzled on the plate and a lit candle and sang for him.  He was loving it all!! 

13 hours ago, PSU_Redhead said:

I literally never celebrate my birthday.  Nobody has ever done anything for it. But this year I turned 40, and he arranged a huge surprise for me. It’s provably only the 4th or 5th birthday I can remember actually celebrating in any way.  

He, on the other hand, practically celebrates an entire birthday month every single year. Everyone in his family makes a huge deal out of birthdays. He would be bummed for sure if I didn’t do something big for his milestone birthday. 

Sorry you haven’t had the chance to celebrate more birthdays.

Kool... Yeah for 20+ yrs never Failed was always Deployed, away for Training or at one of over dozen ARMY School's, this not only over my Bday but also for Father's Day. That one was hard...

We don’t usually do anything real big for adult birthdays but for my 40th I did have a surprise party for him and he loved it. 

Like others have said you can note it on your reservation and let your waiter know at dinner. My oldest celebrated his birthday on embarkation day last year, the brought a slice of birthday cake (after dessert) and sang to him. 

We didn’t buy the decorations package but I packed some and hung them up with magnetic tape. The ones you can buy from the ship are so generic. 

565D224A-24DE-4839-8B31-CCE18AAAA627.jpeg

• Like 1