Voyager of the Seas swapped with Adventure of the Seas for 2023-24

My email for the 5/6/2023 sailing is completely different from the choices here.  I'm on hold with them right now, because mine is a movement to Harmony OTS, in a JS.  Even though we have to drive to Miami instead of Ft Lauderdale, it's a great transfer for us.  We booked at a sweet price on Voyager, so not only having the price protection plus the $200 shipboard credit is a win win for us. First time our cruise was cancelled where it actually worked out for us.

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, dunedinmaiden said:

We're on B2B and hoping for our same rooms, but I wouldn't count on it.  I checked online and the Adventure already has cabins booked (12/30/23) and mine isn't available 😡

Just heard from our TA that our room is not available on Adventure. 😡 That’s not right!  Why did they start selling rooms before the had us moved?

• Like 1

I tried to see if I had a new Adventure cabin, and I can't access my booking.

Had a recent ship  switch for a TA and went from a large deep balcony to smaller obstructed balcony.  No refund as the current cruise is more than I paid.  Ship happens.  

M

28 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

Just heard from our TA that our room is not available on Adventure. 😡 That’s not right!  Why did they start selling rooms before the had us moved?

There are a few of the balcony cabins that I know are not available on the adventure that would have been on Voyager. They just don’t exist on adventure. I don’t know how many of those there are. But our TA said they would be swapping one for one otherwise.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

I expect we'll get assigned a 4D cabin on the side of the ship.  Same category so "like for like" in their mind.  

I had an aft balcony 4B through the panama canal and when they swapped ships like for like they put me in a 4B on the side of the ship.  In that case the same cabin existed on the sister ship but that didn't matter.  Aft, forward, side - it's all the same category to them.  

I think you can still change when this happens, if someone hasn't taken the cabin before you call RC.  If I had an assigned cabin on Brilliance that I wanted to have similar on Enchantment, I'd be calling ahead of time during the shiftover.

3 hours ago, bigeck said:

I have 8134 on Voyager for the xmas cruise so that should be like for like. However, I had 8168 on the 7 night from Athens then the Ta on Brilliance.

8168 is a corner aft on En but different category.

Have to wait on the new invoice then decide

Oh wow, you've got cruises on both sets of changed ships? I have enough of a headache deciding what to do just with Brilliance... can't imagine having to mess around with two different vacations.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

When I log into my Cruise Planner it says my Voyager sailing has been cancelled

My Brilliance sailing says the same.. I am at work where I can't have cell phones so I can't check the app.

1 hour ago, monorail81 said:

I just experienced a different ship swap in May and it didn't go well.  I'm normally a very positive person, but based on my experience, I don't have good vibes.

My Voyager cruise is also showing as cancelled on the website. Totally missing from the App. We are traveling with friends and booked all of our cabins next to each other. Hope they keep it the same.

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

It's still active.  Listed as Voyager 5 night Western.  There are lots of weird happenings as they transfer bookings form one ship to another

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It's still active.  Listed as Voyager 5 night Western.  There are lots of weird happenings as they transfer bookings form one ship to another

Someone on FB said that they were told it is turning into a 5 night- if that happens then everyone's Christmas  bargain is not so much😇

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Someone on FB said that they were told it is turning into a 5 night- if that happens then everyone's Christmas  bargain is not so much😇

Don't believe everything you see on FB.  The old AD sailing from Gal was a 5 Night.  They are seeing the oddities of bookings getting crossed.  It is a multi step shift and when you only catch a glimpse of it....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Don't believe everything you see on FB.  The old AD sailing from Gal was a 5 Night.  They are seeing the oddities of bookings getting crossed.  It is a multi step shift and when you only catch a glimpse of it....

I'm not worried.  I have a TA that keeps on top of everything😁

• Like 3

We must be in the minority but we have the exact same room on Adventure as we had on Voyager.  It's not until Feb of 24 so don't know if that made a difference.  We have an aft balcony on deck 9.  Voyager didn't show it as an obstructed view but Adventure does.  Has anyone had one of these on Adventure and how was your view.  We are in 9692.

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Me too. I called  RCCL and they tell me it’s still showing, even though it says canceled on my cruise  page.  The agent tells me the number is still there, and that I will be transferred over to the edventure between now and August 18. 
m

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, badvector said:

We must be in the minority but we have the exact same room on Adventure as we had on Voyager.  It's not until Feb of 24 so don't know if that made a difference.  We have an aft balcony on deck 9.  Voyager didn't show it as an obstructed view but Adventure does.  Has anyone had one of these on Adventure and how was your view.  We are in 9692.

Did you get your new booking already?  

m

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Is that for Christmas of 22 or Christmas of 23. I am booked Christmas of 23 and it is an eight night cruise.  That would be quite a change! 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1