Booked our first Princess Cruise - have many questions

Muffinz

I'll download the Princess app.... I assume there is just 1 app for Princess cruises? (don't want to download the wrong one if there's more than one)

also if I download it on my phone and wife does on her phone will they 'sync' with each other? (we both have iPhones)

Edited by Muffinz

No, the phones will not sync but the information on the app will appear on either phone.  There will be two photos (cabin mates).  You will be able to see/edit most everything by clicking one or the other.

"Technically" only one phone needs the app to get onboard.  Each having your own will make ordering and other MC functions easier.

7 hours ago, Billish said:

Wait until you are on board, see what is happening and then decide. 

By then it may be too late to get the time you want as it may be 100% booked for that time.

Reserve in advance now using your best guess (show times can change from what they are now) and only try for a different time if necessary once on baord.

8 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The show times will vary from ship to ship.  We were on the Discovery for the Mexican Riviera and then the California coastal and the shows were at 730 and 930.  We gave ourselves 90 minutes for dinner.

If the dining room is busy, you can tell your waiter that you want to make a show and they'll do their best to accommodate you. Sometimes we skip dessert in the dining room and get a sweet at the International Cafe later. Once, after the early show, we returned to the dining room for dessert because the cafe was busy and the dining room wasn't.

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

No, the phones will not sync but the information on the app will appear on either phone.  There will be two photos (cabin mates).  You will be able to see/edit most everything by clicking one or the other.

"Technically" only one phone needs the app to get onboard.  Each having your own will make ordering and other MC functions easier.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I was under the impression each person needs to have their own phone with the app if you want a waiter to bring your drink to you.  I heard if one person orders two drinks on their phone, it only recognizes the person whose phone was used.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bobpell said:

Can mini suites order hot breakfast items delivered to their rooms at a specific time?

Do these suites have a raised table on their balconies?

Thank

newbie Bob

This was our minisuite balcony on Regal.

And I don't believe hot breakfast items are available on room service.

IMG_20220525_185018670.jpg

3 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I was under the impression each person needs to have their own phone with the app if you want a waiter to bring your drink to you.  I heard if one person orders two drinks on their phone, it only recognizes the person whose phone was used.

That is wrong. You can order two drinks on the app.

42 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That is wrong. You can order two drinks on the app.

To clarify what I heard in a little more detail, if you have the Beverage Package, and want to order a drink for yourself and travel partner, each person needs to have the app otherwise the drinks go against one person's daily limit (and I don't think the Beverage Packages allow ordering two drinks at a time.  I would think if one were ordering their drinks a la carte, then sure you could order multiple drinks but they still go on one person's folio.)  That said, I've never ordered any drinks through the app, so I don't really know for sure, I prefer to go to the bar myself.  

On 7/29/2022 at 12:30 PM, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Coffee and specialty coffee drinks at the Coffee Bar are extra.

BUT coffees are included if you have the Princess Plus package.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The show times will vary from ship to ship.  We were on the Discovery for the Mexican Riviera and then the California coastal and the shows were at 730 and 930.  We gave ourselves 90 minutes for dinner.

They were 730 & 930 last month on the Caribbean Princess as well.

Dinner was AT LEAST 90 minutes nightly, sometimes up to 2 hours.

Edited by KKB

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

This was our minisuite balcony on Regal.

And I don't believe hot breakfast items are available on room service.

IMG_20220525_185018670.jpg

4 hours ago, bobpell said:

Can mini suites order hot breakfast items delivered to their rooms at a specific time?

Thank

newbie Bob

@bobpell (aka newbie Bob).  Mini-"suites" is a misconceived name for a "larger balcony stateroom".  There are no "full suite" perks that are associated with a mini-suite.  You are able to order regular room service items from their menu which include some juices, bakery items, cereal, fruit, and a few other items.  Hot items from the MDR can only be ordered from a full suite.

16 hours ago, Muffinz said:

ok thanks for that... so it's probably fine to have dinner at say 7:30pm and make the 10pm show?

we won't be making any reservations until closer to the time, but we'd probably like the same table / waiters each night

Not a good idea...if you wait until closer, reservations will be harder to get. Do it now and change once on board (if necessary) or just plan on walk-ups.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobpell said:

Thank

newbie Bob

All cabins can order bkfst from room service. There will be a door hanger card in your cabin to order items OR you can use the app on your phone OR the TV in your cabin OR call room service.

Some have had luck writing in a request for items not listed (I think it was @Thrak who ordered bacon and got it). There used to be a McDonald type egg muffin, but it's not on the menu. Got the menu from Google and didn't notice how old it was...could be new or very, very old.

Note: also in April there there was no option on the app or TV to order regular coffee and hot water for tea. We had to use the door hanger or call room service. I thought that was strange, how did they neglect to put that on the app/TV?

menu.png

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Daniel A said:

You're correct. A couple at a near by table ordered two drinks on one phone and only one showed up since they had the Plus package.  I would have to assume that if you were paying for the drink a la carte then two would be delivered and you'd be charged for both. 

We were on the Discovery for 14 days back in April.  Only used the app to place an order once, about 10:00 pm to get a club sandwich.  Always got a drink at a bar, not that lazy to have to get one delivered to me. Really enjoyed our cruise and looking forward to 14 days on the Majestic next year in Alaska.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Some have had luck writing in a request for items not listed (I think it was @Thrak who ordered bacon and got it). There used to be a McDonald type egg muffin, but it's not on the menu. Got the menu from Google and didn't notice how old it was...could be new or very, very old.

Be careful what you order!  I did indeed order bacon and put down "4" on the order. I wanted 4 strips of bacon but, when the order was delivered, I ended up with 4 "orders" of bacon. I think I received something like 16 strips of bacon. 🤪

• Haha 10

12 hours ago, Billish said:

You cannot guarantee that.

ok thanks - I'll look more into it.... I remember on Celebrity we just got a welcome aboard card in our room on embarkation day that said our dining time was 8:30pm.... as we were totally newbies to cruising I don't think we'd requested a specific dining time

6 hours ago, Daniel A said:

To clarify what I heard in a little more detail, if you have the Beverage Package, and want to order a drink for yourself and travel partner, each person needs to have the app otherwise the drinks go against one person's daily limit (and I don't think the Beverage Packages allow ordering two drinks at a time.  I would think if one were ordering their drinks a la carte, then sure you could order multiple drinks but they still go on one person's folio.)  That said, I've never ordered any drinks through the app, so I don't really know for sure, I prefer to go to the bar myself.  

by the time I've figured out what to buttons to press on the app in order to get a drink - it would probably be quicker for me to actually go to the bar and order it!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Be careful what you order!  I did indeed order bacon and put down "4" on the order. I wanted 4 strips of bacon but, when the order was delivered, I ended up with 4 "orders" of bacon. I think I received something like 16 strips of bacon. 🤪

nothing wrong with 16 strips of bacon... unless it comes with 16 fried eggs, 16 hash browns.... LOL!

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

nothing wrong with 16 strips of bacon... unless it comes with 16 fried eggs, 16 hash browns.... LOL!

Princess is not noted for doing US bacon well...

8 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Kinda.

As I understand it....disclaimer....not on a ship until August....

You "should" be able to log onto the app on your phone as DH, order your drink and log off. Then DW can log onto the app on same phone, order a drink and log off.

The server will be looking for each person whose logon ordered, and 'charge'  that logon and they find you using the medallion.

Edited by dreaminofcruisin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1