World of Wine Tasting lists

Thought it might be useful to have a thread listing World of Wine list on each ship. This is the free tasting of some of the included wines, usually on the morning of the first sea day.

Here are the lists from Navigator on July 29, 2022

16590867603578891606793605905864.thumb.jpg.daad5fdac1e4103d6b88bf735d1f664b.jpg16590868167595744968980850809646.thumb.jpg.4c2899fd6a57033bcf5cef33d14ad5af.jpg

Edited by 2012_Alaska_bound
Correction
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jessandarnie said:

We will on our first Regent cruise in Sep, is this a listing of the wines that will be offered ? Or are these an example of what’s available?
I was hoping for more  options. 

Not a fan of the $8 Raymond Cabernet Sauvignon?    Yes this is what is generally offered, ask questions sometimes they have a little better ($15) white burgundy or Red Bordeaux.   They are back to a quality Champagne and the whites are fine for lunch & cocktails.  If you like higher quality wines for dinner there is a decent connoisseur list that is very reasonable, close to wine store prices, wines start around $60/70.  A fine use of the OBC IMO.

Here is a complete list from 2019, certainly more wines but still leaves a lot to be desired IMO.  Mostly $8-12 with a few $15 wines one can purchase in their local supermarket.  This list may have been reduced after Covid but should be larger than the list above.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2645719-current-explorer-complimentary-wine-list/

Here is Seabourns list for anyone who would like to compare

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2847039-complimentary-wine-list/

Edited by RetiredandTravel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

Thought it might be useful to have a thread listing World of Wine list on each ship. This is the free tasting of some of the included wines, usually on the morning of the first sea day.

Thanks for posting this.  Somehow we have missed this tasting on our past cruises, but will definitely look for it on our December cruise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Here is a complete list from 2019, certainly more wines but still leaves a lot to be desired IMO.  Mostly $8-12 with a few $15 wines one can purchase in their local supermarket.  This list may have been reduced after Covid but should be larger than the list above.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2645719-current-explorer-complimentary-wine-list/

Here is Seabourns list for anyone who would like to compare

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2847039-complimentary-wine-list/

You must live somewhere where wines are much cheaper than here in the hinterlands of the southeast. About the only wines you can get for $8 are Barefoot or Yellow Tail. Raymond is closer to the $15 range. It’s all in your perspective.

The Costco in Apex had that Raymond Cab for $7.50 last month and you can often get it  at Harris Teeters for $10, buy it on case week when you get an additional 15% off. 😁

Here it is at Total Wine many in the area

https://www.totalwine.com/wine/red-wine/cabernet-sauvignon/r-collection-cabernet-raymond/p/13248750

Another store

https://morewines.com/raymond-r-collection-lot-no-1-cabernet-sauvignon-750ml/

Edited by RetiredandTravel

Interesting. I shop at that Costco, but have never seen it there. I have to admit I don’t often to to Total Wine. I’ve only seen it at HT, and there it was $14.99.  I’m a big fan of Winestore in Morrisville, though  most of their wines are not the better-known ones.  

So apparently we DO live in the same area.

Yeah I noticed the Raymond Cab at Costco because it was on our last Regent cruise.  I haven't been to HT for wine in a while they move their prices around a lot they (I've seen the Raymond at $10)have case sales w/15-20% off go on Thursday and get 5% senior.  I really wasn't cheap until I retired, seems like the thing to do.  We aren't wine snobs weekday wines are usually $8-15, many from Costco and Raymond makes decent inexpensive wines.  We just like better wines on vacation.

I've talked about this ad nauseum but I just wish the luxury lines would improve the included wines, but its doubtful they will.  The included wines are fine for lunch and some dinners but we've decided just to budget some connoisseur wines at dinner.

We'll check out the Winestore in Morrisville.

I have “met” some of my favorite go-to affordable wines on Regent, so don’t object to their included pours. Cashmere, Simi Cab, Oyster Bay SB, and Albariños in general are among my favorites. If I don’t care for what’s being poured, I can always find an included wine I like.  

• Like 5

I will not be hard to please. I enjoy having a glass of wine, but really don't know a thing about wine other than it's white or red. Seriously, it's a bit more knowledgeable than that. But in truth I wouldn't know whether I was drinking a $15 bottle of Pinot Noir or a $150 bottle of Pinot Noir. LOL 

Edited by lastchamp64
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, lastchamp64 said:

I will not be hard to please. I enjoy having a glass of wine, but really don't know a thing about wine other than it's white or red. Seriously, it's a bit more knowledgeable than that. But in truth I wouldn't know whether I was drinking a $15 bottle of Pinot Noir or a $150 bottle of Pinot Noir. LOL 

And as a result...you will be one of the happiest cruisers on the ship!!  😁

• Like 3