Until they CANCEL pre-cruise COVID Tests… do this:

Until they CANCEL pre-cruise COVID Tests… do this....... for as ‘risk free’ a planning for this can be, I would suggest the following:

PLAN A:

Schedule your first target to get a ‘Proctored Covid Test’.  This can be in-person (CVS, Walgreens, etc.) or online (emed, Rapidtestandtrace, OnPoint, etc.)

PLAN B:

Set up some kind of backup… just in case.  This could be another ‘cancellable’ in-person testing later that same day, or something else online (again after the time of your PLAN A)

PLAN 😄

As long as you use two different methods in PLAN A and PLAN B…. you should be ok.  Some say ‘U can test at the pier’ as a PLAN C but, at least at Bayonne NJ, I went to check it out and told they were so so busy with Kid testing that often they can’t even get to u.  NY may be better but ….. again u take that last minute risk)

If you choose online for PLAN A or PLAN B, have a backup of the backup:

I have Optimum Cable as my Internet Provider.  I sail in a week and it went out three time today. 😮

If this had been a week later… I would have been ABSOLUTELY SCREWED as 1)Getting in touch for rescheduling has been reported as TOUGH for most online PROCTORS. (some cc'er reported hours on hold)

Since there always is a possibility that I would not have been able to get online, from home internet, to my ONLINE PROCTOR… need a backup!!!!

If you have a smartphone, make sure you have ‘zoom’ capability is setup (if u have an iPhone get the zoom ap) and send a text to yourself with the zoom link you got when u bought the online test!  This makes it a lot easier than trying to type it in later.

Yes, this might be overkill for some but I have always used the PLAN FOR THE WORST….hope for the best!

Hope this helps... and if someone want to say I am paranoid...PLEASE DON'T

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Getting in touch for rescheduling has been reported as TOUGH for most online PROCTORS. (some cc'er reported hours on hold)

I believe that was OnPoint.

FYI, you can reschedule with RT&T using their website, no human interaction needed. That said, they are also very responsive via live chat. The wait was minutes, not hours. That was part of the reason I shelled out the extra $5 even though I'm as frugal as it gets.

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I believe that was OnPoint.

FYI, you can reschedule with RT&T using their website, no human interaction needed. That said, they are also very responsive via live chat. The wait was minutes, not hours. That was part of the reason I shelled out the extra $5 even though I'm as frugal as it gets.

Was not trying to disparage ANY Online Protocol, as RT&T was not treated very will on the other RC Blog.  Point was if you put ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET.......

2 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Was not trying to disparage ANY Online Protocol, as RT&T was not treated very will on the other RC Blog.  Point was if you put ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET.......

I know it wasn't your main point, which is pretty valid IMO, just sharing additional info.

FWIW, I cross-posted my detailed positive experience with RT&T both there and here and didn't see any negative comments.

Edited by OCSC Mike

6 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I thought the first thing [for you] to do was read case law and hire a lawyer in case the test site defaults.  😜

Not sure if that was a joke, sarcasm, or just being a &^%^&.  I posted the info for others, if it doesn't help you, just move on please!

16 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

I got confused just reading it! 🤣

Agreed and I am an overthinker. Too many other things to worry about than the wifi going out. At that point, I would suck it up and go and pay $130 pp to get it done the next day lol

• Like 2

Thanks for the tip, but lots (and I mean lots) of folks on here have been saying since the restart that they've scheduled tests at CVS or Walgreens just in case their online proctored test got messed up....or vice versa. 

Always good to have a Plan B. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Husky1987 said:

Thanks for the tip, but lots (and I mean lots) of folks on here have been saying since the restart that they've scheduled tests at CVS or Walgreens just in case their online proctored test got messed up....or vice versa. 

Always good to have a Plan B. 

Or buy six-packs of the proctored tests, in case one or two have missing liquids.... which I guess would be Plans A-F 😉

On 7/29/2022 at 11:53 AM, Project-College said:

Not sure if that was a joke, sarcasm, or just being a &^%^&.  I posted the info for others, if it doesn't help you, just move on please!

I thought yours was a joke😉

• Haha 3

I've used the eMed tests several times, andso has my wife. You don't schedule an appointment. Just log in and start the process.  I don't think either of us has had to wait as long as a minute for any proctor.

On 7/29/2022 at 11:22 AM, Project-College said:

If you choose online for PLAN A or PLAN B, have a backup of the backup:

I have Optimum Cable as my Internet Provider.  I sail in a week and it went out three time today. 😮

I have been using E-med since restart. Buy them by the six pack, always have 2 more than I need. I always test 2 days ahead of time, in the event home internet is down just hotspot off 5g phone (or use phone for test). If that goes down, drive 20 minutes to work and use internet there. Plan Z....try another online proctored and use some of my stockpile of free gov tests....