Covid positive two days before cruise.😢

We have 3 rooms booked on a cruise leaving in 2 days! One person in one of the rooms tested positive for Covid today. Does anyone know if the other rooms can get a refund? They have tested negative for Covid. We are all in the same family. 

Sorry, can't answer that question. However this is exactly the reason why we refrain from booking since our family would need five staterooms and I highly doubt that all others can cancel for free because of one stateroom party. And the new testing policy won't change that since it is still mandatory for kids.

Good luck however!

Sorry to hear that…always a gamble and I haven’t been excited about our cruise next weekend…worried about flights from Uk on same day…original ones cancelled then ,amazed to rebook with RCL…now I tested positive 2 days ago so will be touch and go if I’m still positive when I need to test next Saturday 

I have tried in vain to see how we notify RCL of a positive test and therefore cancellation of cruise… do we need just to cal, up?

also I presume the flights wouldn’t be refunded even if booked as a package through Royal?

I have cruise insurance which presumably I would need to use…

wish I had never booked now tbh and just booked a normal holiday … I don’t feel ill, runny nose and wouldn’t have tested if not cruising next weekend.

I could have gone to Spain or Mediterranean blissfully unaware… as millions are probably doing anyway 

I just went through this in June.  It was going to be me, my niece, my Dad, and my Mom.  Mom was feeling a bit off a few days leading up to the cruise.  She took 2 home tests and immediately isolated.  Both came back positive.  Since the recommended test day for the CDC and the cruise test day fell on the same day, we decided to keep our appointments.

Knowing what could happen, my Dad contacted our TA, told them what was happening, and placed a hold on Oasis in October as a contingency plan.  Good thing he did: everyone in the party tested negative on the testing day...except Mom. 

We had our TA contact Royal, told them what was happening, and canceled our July cruise.  Royal gave us no issues, and we were refunded our money and given OBC.  

Also, our hold on Oasis became a booking. Mom felt terrible, like she let everyone down, but honestly, I think Oasis is a much better match for my niece (she'll be 10 next month).  None of us were mad at Mom, she didn't ask to get Covid.  Plus, as disappointed as we were, we knew that the priority at that time had to be taking care of Mom.

Mom is doing much better now.  She's back at work, and the only lingering symptom is fatigue.  She's even starting to pack for our October cruise already!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Assuming they are all linked and you have a good TA or an understanding CSR at RCI, likely yes. 

What does having a good TA have to do with Royal's policy on someone coming down with Covid 2 days before their cruise?

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What does having a good TA have to do with Royal's policy on someone coming down with Covid 2 days before their cruise?

I presume the TA would know or have a direct line to call in order to ask RC what some of the options may be. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think the issue is that some of the RC phone employees have struggled (I was told that my family was guaranteed for family time dining by two separate employees, but that's not actually running).  If you have a  good TA, they will keep calling back until they reach someone at RC who will help everyone in the party.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

I presume the TA would know or have a direct line to call in order to ask RC what some of the options may be. 🤷‍♀️

Let's hope presume isn't like assume. Cause you know what that will get you. Don't need a TA to take care of this issue. Just get on the phone and make a few phone calls to Royal.

8 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

I think the issue is that some of the RC phone employees have struggled (I was told that my family was guaranteed for family time dining by two separate employees, but that's not actually running).  If you have a  good TA, they will keep calling back until they reach someone at RC who will help everyone in the party.

What is family time dining? If you mean My Time Dining, which hasn't been working very well on their ships now, You would be much better off going with either Early or Late Sitting for your family. My time Dining at this time is a mess.

Edited by Jimbo

On the phone with Royal! The first person I talked to said we would still have to go on the cruise unless we have a positive test in our room. I feel terrible going ahead with the cruise when my other two grandkids are so sad.😢

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Because they'll know how to navigate RCI and get things done when the answer is as the OP just posted.

• Like 2

I'm surprised so many people are booking cruises without buying travel insurance that covers this exact thing. My travel insurance gives me 100% cash back if me or anyone in my travel party tests positive for covid and can't sail. It cost me under $200 and the peace of mind is worth it. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Patches1966 said:

On the phone with Royal! The first person I talked to said we would still have to go on the cruise unless we have a positive test in our room. I feel terrible going ahead with the cruise when my other two grandkids are so sad.😢

That's a tough one cause they're kids,  but also, everyone knows this is a risk when we book cruises right now. Whoever gets sick gets left behind, or everyone agrees that nobody will go. That should have been discussed and understood when you booked. 

28 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You have recent experience with this?

Don't need recent experience, I able to read recent reviews just like you are, Try it. Don't think in my opinion it will get any better any time soon until they fully staff all their ships. I assume you know how that is going since YOU have been on cruises recently.

Edited by Jimbo

40 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What is family time dining? If you mean My Time Dining, which hasn't been working very well on their ships now, You would be much better off going with either Early or Late Sitting for your family. My time Dining at this time is a mess.

Royal Caribbean has had family time dining for years,  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Patches1966 said:

The FAQ about testing positive precruise says cruising party are those in your cabin.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-test-positive-for-sars-cov-2-what-is-your-refund-policy-and-costs-covered

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Royal Caribbean has had family time dining for years,  

Never seen it on any booking engine for a Royal Cruise before, it's either Early, Late or My Time Dining. Have never seen Family anywhere when choosing your Dining.

What time is Family Dining, do you get in the same line as My Time Dining?

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Never seen it on any booking engine for a Royal Cruise before, it's either Early, Late or My Time Dining. Have never seen Family anywhere when choosing your Dining.

What time is Family Dining, do you get in the same line as My Time Dining?

My Family Time Dining information is all over the cruise lines website.  I searched for you.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/search?q=family+time+dining&page=1