Taking a case of water??

sbaker

I've read that Princess allows us to take a case of water and/or soda with us when we board.  If we take water, can it be bottled water, or does it need to be in cans?  I know that some cruise lines don't allow bottled water and have gone to offering only cans.

The official rule is that you cannot bring water in bottles. You're allowed 12 cans (up to 12 ounces each) of soda or water or juice per passenger. Princess makes it easy to purchase water in advance. It's $7.08 for 12 bottles (500 ml each).

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, sbaker said:

I've read that Princess allows us to take a case of water and/or soda with us when we board.  If we take water, can it be bottled water, or does it need to be in cans?  I know that some cruise lines don't allow bottled water and have gone to offering only cans.

I assume that you do not have any beverage package? Correct?

51 minutes ago, sbaker said:

I'd rather get a starter water pkg from Princess pre-cruise and save my muscles for carrying on 🍷

• Like 4

We did the Princess water package pre cruise and the 12 Bottles were in our cabin when we boarded this month.

It was a 10 day cruise with 4 ports. For longer would have gotten two cases. Most times we now have

the Princess plus but didn't do that this last time. With Princess plus anytime we passed  a bar and needed water just asked for bottles and water was nice and cold.

we are on a 10 day cruise with no beverage package, so I ordered two water packages.  I also bring on the powder gatorade mix and lemonade mix.  

When we have the beverage package we also bring a bottle water back to the cabin in the evening.

4 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I'm lazy and unimpressed with the hype for bottled water. Just drink the stuff coming out of the faucet...that's the same water that they pour in the MDR.

Same here. 30 cruises with a reusable bottle never had any problem 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I'm lazy and unimpressed with the hype for bottled water. Just drink the stuff coming out of the faucet...that's the same water that they pour in the MDR.

That water is probably purer than many city restaurants.  We bring our own reusable bottles and fill them up in our cabin.  If you absolutely need to have bottled water, then just purchase it from Princess and have it waiting in your cabin on embarkation day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

That water is probably purer than many city restaurants.  We bring our own reusable bottles and fill them up in our cabin.  If you absolutely need to have bottled water, then just purchase it from Princess and have it waiting in your cabin on embarkation day.

What she said! I need to now get some new water bottles for our trip.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I would expect it to vary, depending on what kind of contract deal they can get.

....not to mention where they obtain it from depending on the ships embarkation port.

I've never brought on or purchased bottled water on any cruise ship. Their water is filtered more than any bottled water, which, in most cases, is no different than what comes out of your home faucet.

• Like 3

here's where logic flies out the window with me.  princess is cheap for bottled water compared to most other lines. https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/bottled-water-packages  ncl wants 20 bucks for 6 liters. 

so i dont mind paying princess pricing. and i always have to have tons of water in the cabin to drink. i couldnt fill my own bottle in the bathroom sink cause it's just something i wouldnt do. yet, i drink the water in every restaurant. which is the exact same water thats in your bathroom ..right?  

mr spock would say 'illogical' and he's right. 

so the short answer is if you like different soda id def bring that on board but it's a waste of my effort to carry water on board. ill give them more profit. most people work hard on a ship. 

44 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I've never brought on or purchased bottled water on any cruise ship. Their water is filtered more than any bottled water, which, in most cases, is no different than what comes out of your home faucet.

Actually, I think it's likely better.

My grandparents had an aquifer under their farm. The water they pumped out of that tasted nothing like the cr*p that we get out of our faucet today.

When we lived in HI, we tested the particulate level in the water, it was close to zero and tasted great. Our water in the several towns we've lived in in CA have horrible tasting water. The particulate level is >100. We use a Zero water filter to make it drinkable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I like to have the starter pack and then quite happy to refill the bottles with ship's water.  No single use bottle for me!!

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Actually, I think it's likely better.

My grandparents had an aquifer under their farm. The water they pumped out of that tasted nothing like the cr*p that we get out of our faucet today.

Right on!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Yes you may be right.  But some people like to take water with them on excursions  and even with your own water bottle.  It’s still nice to have extra water with you.     
personally.  I fill my yeti with as much ice as I can fit into it.  And fill with water.  And also bring an extra bottle with me.  Maybe 2 extra depending on how long I’ll be gone.    Depending on the temps. My ice can last all day.      

that being said.  There will be a 12 pack of water waiting for me today on the discovery.  

Edited by Ptroxx