How do like your Eggs Benedict eggs made......

BklynBoy8

18 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I am use to the traditional poaching method the French uses

What is that method?  

19 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

After 15 minutes the egg should have absorbed the heat and a perfect poached egg will emerge.

How do you remove the egg so that it is intact if it is properly cooked?  Use a slotted spoon?  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I am use to the traditional poaching method the French uses

What is that method?  

19 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

After 15 minutes the egg should have absorbed the heat and a perfect poached egg will emerge.

How do you remove the egg so that it is intact if it is properly cooked?  Use a slotted spoon?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Me too…actually the way my grandmother did it…with a touch of white vinegar.  

On the recent QM2 sailing the Poached Eggs were Perfect. They really know their stuff. I have a picture but stored already. Will be time before I can post. But their method was Excellent. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Back to the drawing board.  Maybe use a larger ceramic bowl?  Sounds like you need to retain the heat.  I’ll get back to you with a solution.

It was a pretty deep soup bowl..........I will end up going back to my usual......I crack the eggs into boiling water for about 2 minutes and they normally come out pretty good.

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

What is that method?  

Hi rka, nope.......I just lifted the egg out of the water and cracked it onto the side of the plate and held it over the muffin......you will know as soon as you do that if it is cooked enough. (after 15 minutes the water was not that hot)

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2022 at 5:50 PM, Lois R said:

Hi rka, nope.......I just lifted the egg out of the water and cracked it onto the side of the plate and held it over the muffin......you will know as soon as you do that if it is cooked enough. (after 15 minutes the water was not that hot)

Well…I put boiling water into an 8 oz. Ceramic coffee cup and I tried 20 minutes.  I had to use a spoon as the water was still hot.  I guess the extra 5 minutes hardened the egg.    I think that it takes a bit of tweaking.  If it is done right you can crack the egg and break it over the toast or muffin and it should roll out perfectly.  I’ll keep on trying until I get it perfect.  I can only eat one egg per day…lol.  

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Well…I put boiling water into an 8 oz. Ceramic coffee cup and I tried 20 minutes.  I had to use a spoon as the water was still hot.  I guess the extra 5 minutes hardened the egg.    I think that it takes a bit of tweaking.  If it is done right you can crack the egg and break it over the toast or muffin and it should roll out perfectly.  I’ll keep on trying until I get it perfect.  I can only eat one egg per day…lol.  

Thanks for the update. My issue is I cannot eat a runny white so I would definitely have to really tweak it or I will be throwing the egg out every time.

7 hours ago, aml3679 said:

Funny with English bacon

Had the English Bacon on this past cruise and it reminded me of Sliced Ham not Bacon.

I like American Bacon smoked with Applewood or Hickory.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...