How was your cruise experience post pandemic?

Just off the Celebrity Summit today and was quite disappointed.  It was our 4th time on the Summit, first time since the pandemic.  Curious how people are finding Royal Caribbean.  We are debating a cruise from Baltimore in Noveon the Enchantment of tge seas.  Curious how entertainment and staffing had been. Thanks!

It's been awesome!  Admittedly, my favorite was the first back in September, with 25% occupancy...  🙂

We've taken three since then have been very nice.  Staff has been helpful and cheerful (although not as obviously thrilled to have us there as in September), facilities have been clean, food has been nice.

• Like 2

We did a B2B on the Explorer in March. The staff we encounter were great. Especial in the DL. We always try to stay positive and ignore the negatives. But we were disappointed that certain wines (DL and MDR) and food selections (MDR) were not available on the second leg. Some blah, blah, blah excuse. Also that MTD was screwed up and thankfully we were able to switch over to early TD prior to our cruise. Second leg some of the most rude and inconsiderate people we have ever been around. Especially the adults. But the kids follow by example! Some acted like it was their first time in public or even on a cruise. Can't hold RC responsible for their guests behavior. Looking forward to our September Summit cruise. 

• Like 3

Loved both my cruises over the past 2 months.

Staffing - Crew members were as friendly as ever and no staffing issues affected any part of either one.

Entertainment - Nothing that bothered me personally but there was no main aqua show on Harmony 5/29, only the smaller one, and the headliner was cancelled on the 2nd leg of my B2B on Indy but it was the same headliner as the 1st leg so we had already seen them (and they were mediocre anyway).

• Like 1

I've done 8 cruises since they've started up again.  There were very minor occurrences here and there but I've found the staff very engaged, the ships were clean, entertainment was mostly good (RC singers and dancers were great; comedians and others were so so).  We did a lot of speciality dining so cannot comment on the MDR but overall; fantastic times.

We did b3b on adventure in June. 14 days total. My patience was wearing thin with each passing day 

I should have gone home after 10 days 

Issue, lack of staff with full capacity 

The crew does not enforce any rules which makes it worst. 10 pourcent of entitled people making the rest of us upset 

I decided I was not ready to cruise again for a while 

• Like 1

The first 5 that was limited capacity were great!  The later ones including a Star Class sailing not so great.  Capacity ramped up way too much and many things not operational.  Shows cancelled, cruise director and asst quarantined, genies quarantined. 

Won;t be booking anymore for a while. 

Edited by irishgal432
  • Like 2

We have done 3 two celebrity and allure in November , Edge cruise was fantastic no negative issues , no masks even though it was July 2021, we had a penthouse.

Allure was a disappointment needed masks , many of the suite perks for reserved seats were gone. We loved our summit cruise in February fantastic entertainment but we were on a music charter with big name artists, again no masks needed , we had a royal suite.

We have done 10 cruises since June 21’.  It was nice having low numbers of folks on ships last year, but we are fine with the larger numbers too.  We are looking forward to our next cruise on the Quantum in August.

• Like 1

We've only been on one cruise post-pandemic.  It was Ovation's second revenue producing Alaska cruise of this season.  It wasn't what I'd call great.  But, the issues weren't worth making a big stink about.  That cruise was in May and I think they are probably improving over time.  I know they experienced supply and crew shortage issues.  So, I'm going to reserve my comments about post-COVID cruising until the industry is well healed.  We have a cruise booked for Jan 2024 but we aren't going to last that long, we are looking now for a cruise sooner.  But, it won't be until the fall.

I've done five on Royal since the restart. All good until my last one, which was much higher capacity and ended in Covid infection. I was very, very spoiled by the low capacity ones. The sea remains lovely. I'm not picky about food and don't really care so much about entertainment. Being honest, it's not the same level as pre-pandemic in terms of staffing and things being in-stock. You may want to wait a while yet if you are expecting everything to be back to normal. 

We did Anthem last year after the restart, low capacity and it was fantastic, didn't notice any issues with lack of staff, was so nice to have space in the MDR, only downside was watching a show with hardly any audience which adds to the performance sometimes.

Recently did a b2b on Radiance at what seemed like full capacity, staff great, downside was being on a 2 top for meals in the MDR and the next table being so close we might have been on the same table.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, joeyancho said:

I think we have taken six cruises since it started up post pandemic. All were terrific except for Carnival. I should have known better not to set foot on a Carnival ship. Carnival is trash.

Carnival...isn't that something that has clowns in the show?  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have been on 2 Royal and 1 Celebrity post pandemic. Everything was pretty awesome on all of them, although we missed Columbia because they said they required all visitors to have a test within two days. One of the sailings was the Jewel right before she was shut down for COVID. Even short staffed, they did a wonderful job.

Only issue we really had was food in MDR on Celebrity Silhouette. Just not good.

18 hours ago, joeyancho said:

I think we have taken six cruises since it started up post pandemic. All were terrific except for Carnival. I should have known better not to set foot on a Carnival ship. Carnival is trash.

Totally agree.  I was loyal to Carnival for years.  But, in circa 2011 I took a chance and booked a Royal Grand Suite and I haven't looked back. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, welshrich said:

Recently did a b2b on Radiance at what seemed like full capacity, staff great, downside was being on a 2 top for meals in the MDR and the next table being so close we might have been on the same table.

Tables on Wonder of the Seas

Screenshot_20220801-171436_Gallery.jpg

1 hour ago, sowhat said:

Tables on Wonder of the Seas

Screenshot_20220801-171436_Gallery.jpg

Yes, I've found that to be true on both Carnival and Royal.  I'm sure others are the same as well.  That's one reason I avoid the MDR unless we're with a large group, which we usually are.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Yes, I've found that to be true on both Carnival and Royal.  I'm sure others are the same as well.  That's one reason I avoid the MDR unless we're with a large group, which we usually are.

Different  area of main dinning room on Wonder of the Seas most tables for 2 are not tables for 2

Point Blur_Aug012022_191920.jpg