Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

36 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

What exactly is the new legislation - is it banning ships over a certain size , or is it to do with other criteria ?

The new legislation only permits cruise ships that have zero-emissions into certain ports. However, there is currently no cruise ship that meets this standard, which means it is impossible for any line to continue Fjords cruises from Jan 2026.

Check out this article for more info:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidnikel/2023/03/16/why-norwegian-fjords-cruises-will-soon-change/amp/

24 minutes ago, CroNich said:

Any chance of an Oasis class (or even a freedom class) coming to AUS/NZ?

Im over the quantum class tbh 

Probably a high chance in the future, especially as Icon class continues to grow. It will take time for all ports to adopt an Oasis standard, but the latest Brisbane cruise terminal was built to handle Oasis class, so it is likely that it would homeport there. As Wonder was originally supposed to go to China, maybe they would consider doing a split deployment where an Oasis class spends 6 months in China and then 6 months in Aus.

• Like 1

Just now, Jumping Cruiser said:

Probably a high chance in the future, especially as Icon class continues to grow. It will take time for all ports to adopt an Oasis standard, but the latest Brisbane cruise terminal was built to handle Oasis class, so it is likely that it would homeport there. As Wonder was originally supposed to go to China, maybe they would consider doing a split deployment where an Oasis class spends 6 months in China and then 6 months in Aus.

7 day South Pacific cruises out of Brisbane would be nice. Could do stops at Noumea and maybe one day the new private island without tendering, and surely they could help fund upgrades to other ports there. 

10 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

The new legislation only permits cruise ships that have zero-emissions into certain ports. However, there is currently no cruise ship that meets this standard, which means it is impossible for any line to continue Fjords cruises from Jan 2026.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidnikel/2023/03/16/why-norwegian-fjords-cruises-will-soon-change/amp/

Thanks- that makes it clear.

Think ill book a Norwegian fjords cruise for 2024 lol

• Like 1

Just now, CroNich said:

7 day South Pacific cruises out of Brisbane would be nice. Could do stops at Noumea and maybe one day the new private island without tendering, and surely they could help fund upgrades to other ports there. 

Yes, I imagine that Oasis class might be in the region when Lelepa is open, similar to the many cruises that go to PDCC.

8 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Thanks- that makes it clear.

Think ill book a Norwegian fjords cruise for 2024 lol

Last quarter of WC is doing just that.  🙂  Looking forward to touring through there on Serenade.  

59 minutes ago, island lady said:

Last quarter of WC is doing just that.  🙂  Looking forward to touring through there on Serenade.  

Even the small segments of the WC are fantastic itineraries- I wish they would repeat some of these ports more regularly on the normal deployments .

• Like 3

Just now, Trixie21 said:

Even the small segments of the WC are fantastic itineraries- I wish they would repeat some of these ports more regularly on the normal deployments .

The Jewel has the best Arctic Circle itineraries.  They typically include Geiranger with a spectacular sail down the Fjord to the end, and Honningsvag.  On a North Cape tour from Honnigsvag, you can see the North Pole on a clear day.  Those two Ports were fantastic.  We took a private tours with Norway Excursions in Geiranger and with Blue Puffin in Honnigsvag.  Highly recommend both!

We wish the World Cruise leg were visiting these as we’d love to visit them again! 

5 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

I am guessing the whole WC of 274 nights was not the sell out that RCI hoped it would be.  We were anxiously waiting to book half of it, (first quarter and then rejoin ship for fourth quarter).  Next cruise made it seem like any of us were lucky to even be able to book the quarters (after all the good cabins were sold out to full WC cruisers previously).  

Now...they have broken it up even further with the 17 legs.  IMHO..I am not sure RCI will jump on another long WC itinerary again any time soon.  

30 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

The Jewel has the best Arctic Circle itineraries.  They typically include Geiranger with a spectacular sail down the Fjord to the end, and Honningsvag.  On a North Cape tour from Honnigsvag, you can see the North Pole on a clear day.  Those two Ports were fantastic.  We took a private tours with Norway Excursions in Geiranger and with Blue Puffin in Honnigsvag.  Highly recommend both!

We wish the World Cruise leg were visiting these as we’d love to visit them again! 

Actually did Arctic circle cruise on jewel last year , although geiranger wasn't one of our ports and I really want to go there. 

That cruise was one of our best ever - Norway is a beautiful country .

And we actually did the North Cape tour with Blue puffin from Honningsvag also!! We had amazing weather on that cruise - t shirts most days!

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am guessing the whole WC of 274 nights was not the sell out that RCI hoped it would be.  We were anxiously waiting to book half of it, (first quarter and then rejoin ship for fourth quarter).  Next cruise made it seem like any of us were lucky to even be able to book the quarters (after all the good cabins were sold out to full WC cruisers previously).  

Now...they have broken it up even further with the 17 legs.  IMHO..I am not sure RCI will jump on another long WC itinerary again any time soon.  

Likely not , but could include some of the ports on future regular itineraries. 

2 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

But beside Geiranger and Flam other ports and Fjords are still open and at least the new LNG ships will be allowed in.

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

But beside Geiranger and Flam other ports and Fjords are still open and at least the new LNG ships will be allowed in.

Hopefully the 2025 itinerary's will include the Baltic's 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Agree...We did the Jewel Arctic Circle July 2022. Bergen was our favorite port during this itinerary and the cruising scenery was amazing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Agree...We did the Jewel Arctic Circle July 2022. Bergen was our favorite port during this itinerary and the cruising scenery was amazing.

I'm doing that on Jewel next May

8 hours ago, CroNich said:

Any chance of an Oasis class (or even a freedom class) coming to AUS/NZ?

Im over the quantum class tbh 

Join the club about Quantum class .

I would love to see a Freedom class as it would make more sense than a Oasis.

At the moment Brisbane is the only practical home port for an Oasis and they have trouble filling Quantum,so we can forget that.

A Freedom can get into Melbourne ,Lifou,Mare and isle of pines.
It could even Home port in Melbourne as Quantum or bigger catches to much cross wind.

9 hours ago, CroNich said:

Royal has been very quiet about Lelepa recently.

It was mentioned at the Captain’s Corner on Ovation in December.

Work hasn’t started yet.

The most recent thing I have heard was in November when Vanuatu told Royal they would have to make Lelepa Resort in a way that would meet the approval of the original tribal people. 

Is it just me or did Australia give the cruise lines a cold shoulder during the restart?   

I feel like while other regions embraced cruising and jumped on board in surprising numbers, Australia was meh to cruising or worse, still blaming tne industry for the whole thing and making the restart difficult.   

It also seems like who ever Royal was working with on Lelepa prepandemic didn't have all the aboriginal players involved.  The original plans claimed to be working with local tribal folks but now a chief has spoken out like they were never consulted.  So who was Royal working with who claimed to represent the locals but apparently did not? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bigeck said:

Hopefully the 2025 itinerary's will include the Baltic's 

Hello,

I agree, and Iceland too (though not together). However there seems to be an unspoken carve-up between Royal and X as to who goes where - both Iceland and Baltic are offered by X but not by Royal.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I agree, and Iceland too (though not together). However there seems to be an unspoken carve-up between Royal and X as to who goes where - both Iceland and Baltic are offered by X but not by Royal.

Regards,

Cublet

Agreed.

Only 2 cruises I think offered by Royal in 2024 to Iceland , and they are a fortune.

We are looking at other cruise lines for 2024 because of the lack of choice in this region.

But maybe as you say there is some type of "carve up" between the 2 lines , as celebrity is one of the lines we are looking at.

We have already booked with princess for the Norwegian fjords for 2024 from Southampton as they had the exact itinerary we wanted- Anthem calls at Bruges on their Norwegian Fjords cruises which seems a bit odd and a waste - but maybe it appeals to some.

Have to say the Princess cruise was a pretty good price and princess plus at £50 per day adds in WiFi,  drinks and gratuities. 

Royal is still, our cruise line of choice , but we won't pay over the odds and itinerary has to be right.

Edited by Trixie21

5 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

I think 2 ship in Southampton would pay. Jewel is commanding high prices from Amsterdam and is sailing full most cruises. For Iceland, it would be up the est Coast for Ireland and Scotland then onto Iceland. A return down the East and Orkney. It can do Norway and Baltics leaving another ship to do France, Spain, Portugal and the Med.

With X Infinity in Barcelona over the Winter, maybe they are catching on.

• Like 2