Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

13 hours ago, Orsino said:

Earlier it was accurately reported that the soft serve machine was broken. I’m happy to report that as of right now it is working and the soft serve is quite good. My husband is very happy to have his beloved soft serve.

Hurray!!! Was broken since May when I was on and I will be back on the Summit in October so hopefully it will be still working! Was told they were waiting for a part to fix it. 

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We said goodbye to our guide and decided to return to the ship on our own instead of having him stuck in all the traffic. 

F85D251F-2420-4F67-B422-E740E17E1C5D.thumb.jpeg.8f016a2611e00b7425bfaf2eb77c41dd.jpeg

A897C467-BD6B-43F9-9A0B-86E3016748D4.thumb.jpeg.8336882a017bd1d4a84927f1f1161b77.jpeg

A8B7F29C-8BB9-407C-8EDC-A4994DFE2AEF.thumb.jpeg.2db2b7fc5171090322b76f652edaa334.jpeg

B10E6BAA-6F9B-4DCD-8534-3F4762B9B946.thumb.jpeg.c833d108532a2e576c5947b32cf60b38.jpeg

336D1002-6736-42CC-9ADA-188851D156E8.thumb.jpeg.e45a144aefcc26fb163980a64a61c9c1.jpeg

Beautiful pictures Jim! Thanks for the preview of Quebec as I have this cruise booked for next year! Can’t wait to see the city even more so now!

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I heard that.  Haven’t been up yet. 

Could you use a bottle of Chardonnay.  I have extras.   Send email with room number and I will drop off. 

Very kind of you Jim. I appreciate the offer. I’m not much of a wine drinker though and there is no way my husband can drink a whole bottle himself. I hope you can find a better home for your Chardonnay. 

Going into this cruise I was wary of the all included drink package, but I’m getting value at al bacio. It is freeing to be able to order as much coffee and tea as I want.

Edited by Orsino
  • Thanks 1

As always..great photos of QUEBEC. Thank you....

Bringing back Great memories of  when we cruised there on Connie and stayed overnight.  Had amazing  afternoon tea at hotel Frontenac with a group from Cruise Critic.... Beautiful clean city and lovely countryside.  Loved the falls...but was very crowded there.    We were there as  they  leaves  were changing. 

6 minutes ago, baggal said:

Corn on the cob is always included in a traditional lobster bake.  That was just a variation.

Lobster smothered in corn salsa is a real stretch from corn on the cob are even corn not on the cob.  Replace the crepe with a tortilla. Lobster taco.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Today is a day at sea.   As much of the country’s suffering from the heat we are sitting in chilly 68 degree weather.   

Following your journey is getting me just that much more excited to board on Sunday. But, your weather is making me jealous. I've made the mistake of looking at the extended forecasts for our port days - understanding that they are notoriously unreliable this far out - and just hoping we get a little more sunshine, or at least a little less rain that is currently predicted. 🤞 Regardless, we know we will have a great time aboard our favorite "little" ship in the fleet, exploring an area we've never visited before ... with our parkas. 😉

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
correct typos

9 hours ago, CruisinBanka said:

Hurray!!! Was broken since May when I was on and I will be back on the Summit in October so hopefully it will be still working! Was told they were waiting for a part to fix it. 

It was a Supply ChIn issue with a shortage of parts. 

9 hours ago, CruisinBanka said:

Beautiful pictures Jim! Thanks for the preview of Quebec as I have this cruise booked for next year! Can’t wait to see the city even more so now!

Quebec was everything I remembered an more.   There is so much to do. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hcat said:

As always..great photos of QUEBEC. Thank you....

Bringing back Great memories of  when we cruised there on Connie and stayed overnight.  Had amazing  afternoon tea at hotel Frontenac with a group from Cruise Critic.... Beautiful clean city and lovely countryside.  Loved the falls...but was very crowded there.    We were there as  they  leaves  were changing. 

The trees have just barely begun to change.  I would love to see the full rainbow of colors. 

2 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Following your journey is getting me just that much more excited to board on Sunday. But, your weather is making me jealous. I've made the mistake of looking at the extended forecasts for our port days - understanding that they are notoriously unreliable this far out - and just hoping we get a little more sunshine, or at least a little less rain that is currently predicted. 🤞 Regardless, we know we will have a great time aboard our favorite "little" ship in the fleet, exploring an area we've never visited before ... with our parkas. 😉

We have been especially lucky with beautiful weather going on 5 weeks.   The temps today for walking was shortsleeved T. 

The seas have been so smooth you feel like you are on a pond.  

Hope you are also rewarded. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The trees have just barely begun to change.  I would love to see the full rainbow of colors. 

You likely had the best option: some leaf colors and still nice weather.

When the leaves begin to change colors....it's because weather is getting cooler, especially at night! By that time, it can get quite chilly and windy on the St-Lawrence river, especially around the Gaspé Peninsula. Because of the wind in the fall, the river and the estuary can be a bit rockier too.

So you did very well!!! 

P.s. Thank-you so much for all the beautiful pictures for the past three cruises! Wow! The wealth of information and experience that you share with us is amazing! 

• Like 4

On 8/27/2022 at 8:25 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I'm flying to Seattle tomorrow as well, but to catch a vintage train.  Here's hoping for no airport drama!

i had no drama with airports just that on Quantum we had a small engine fire and a lot of fire doors closed and crew running around.   but was over in 1 hour.

Hope you had a nice train trip.