Samsung Galaxy Tablet Android 11 not taking App

From a Google search:

It appears to be an issue with Google's Android operating system. To fix the “your device is not compatible with this version” error message, try clearing the Google Play Store cache, and then data. Next, restart the Google Play Store and try installing the app again

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, molly361 said:

It says this app not compatible with your device.  I know you need Android version 7.0 and my new device is supposedly Android 11.  Any workarounds?  Anyone else have this problem?

I had that issue a couple of years ago when I had a blackberry.  Unfortuanately at the time there were no workarounds.  I had to install the app on the ipad and use that instead of my phone.  Hopefully there is a workaround for your situation.  

Do you still have your old phone?  you could swap sim cards for the cruise so you would have the app

1 minute ago, Sobro said:

From a Google search:

It appears to be an issue with Google's Android operating system. To fix the “your device is not compatible with this version” error message, try clearing the Google Play Store cache, and then data. Next, restart the Google Play Store and try installing the app again

Thanks  have to google how to do that.  It's a brand new tablet there shouldn't be anything in the cache right?

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I had that issue a couple of years ago when I had a blackberry.  Unfortuanately at the time there were no workarounds.  I had to install the app on the ipad and use that instead of my phone.  Hopefully there is a workaround for your situation.  

Do you still have your old phone?  you could swap sim cards for the cruise so you would have the app

It's on my phone which I "could" use and it's on my Walmart ONN tablet that is dying.  I also had this problem a few years ago with a Samsung as well.  I think I just returned the Samsung which I might do now and just get another ONN.  Trying the clear cache thing now  I thought maybe  3 years later there was a workaround but Google didn't find any either

Edited by molly361

3 minutes ago, Sobro said:

From a Google search:

My old phone is on android 11. I downloaded the app from Google play today. No issues at all.

Just now, molly361 said:

It's on my phone which I "could" use and it's on my Walmart ONN tablet that is dying.  I also had this problem a few years ago with a Samsung as well.  I think I just returned the Samsung which I might do now and just get another ONN.  Trying the clear cache thing now

At least you still have it on your phone.  Hopefully the solution above works

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sobro said:

From a Google search:

Thanks  That didn't work

Some apps are not compatible with "tablets". They do differentiate between phones and tablets. I have a Tab S8 at home but when I go to push the install from the web based Play Store, it shows me compatible devices, and my Galaxy Tablet is grayed out. 

image.png.3ac685a22a59f86bb64015e5cb69aa48.png

You would have to obtain the APK externally and then sideload it to your tablet. 

Edited by robmtx

Returned the Samsung and got another ONN tablet.  App is on my previous ONN tablet and tried to download it on the new SAME BRAND tablet and am getting the message again that this device is not compatible .  Boo!!

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Does anyone have the app on an Android tablet and if so what brand do you have?  TIA

I do. It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e and it runs Android 11.

Just a thought, when you're setting up your new tablet, do you not get a prompt to re-install everything that's on your previous one? If you do, perhaps you could get the app to work that way rather than downloading it anew.

Edited by FionaMG

7 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I do. It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e and it runs Android 11.

Just a thought, when you're setting up your new tablet, do you not get a prompt to re-install everything that's on your previous one? If you do, perhaps you could get the app to work that way rather than downloading it anew.

This is what I returned  It's also Android 11  I did not try to transfer the apps.  Maybe I will reset the new tablet and try that  Thanks

SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 8.7" 32GB Android Tablet w/ Compact, Slim Design,

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

This is what I returned  It's also Android 11  I did not try to transfer the apps.  Maybe I will reset the new tablet and try that  Thanks

SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 8.7" 32GB Android Tablet w/ Compact, Slim Design,

It's very strange. Anyway, fingers crossed. 🤞

• Thanks 1

This is something that app developers often cite as issues they encounter supporting android versus ios.  It's not an uncommon problem unfortunately and not just a Royal app issue. 

For example my Samsung tablet has issues with the Insta360 app I use for my 360 photos.  The tablet would be a better device to do the 360 processing and it has expandable memory that would be ideal for the large 360 video files but alas their app isn't compatible with my tablet even when it was new. 

I am leery of side loading APKs I find on the internet so I carry an iPhone with lots of storage to do my 360 processing.

Galaxy Tab A 10.1" 2019 Android 11

Runs the Royal app okay though.

DH and I both I have the app on our android based google pixel 6 phones and we had it on our previous pixel with no issues at all.  So, it's not android perse as it does work on android, but sounds like a tablet issue.

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Go here in a browser

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rccl.royalcaribbean

Click on "install on more devices." It'll list all your devices and show which ones the app is compatible with.

Reports my Galaxy Tab A as being incompatible yet it's running on my Galaxy Tab A.

Ironically the latest Royal app update required I agree to the Royal app terms of service but when I agreed it sent me in a loop asking me to agree to the terms of service again.  After several loops I declined the terms of service and it launched the app and presented me with my next cruise.   Gotta love anrdoid and the royal app...

• Like 1