today only deal ($1 deposit) does this mean the "book early and save" deal is over

motravelerken

I received an email today offering a "Today Only: $1 deposit" deal. Does this mean that the "Book early and save" offer is over?? It always seems they have some kind of special running. I am definitely booking an Alaskan cruise for July 2023 but just kind of waiting for the right deal for me. I have never sailed HAL before. Can I expect them to keep running good "specials"? Seems like the "Book early and save" might be about as good as it gets but I thought that about an earlier deal this summer. 

• Like 1

When you find a deal you are OK with AND it is refundable, go ahead and book it.  Then monitor the pricing on it up until Final Payment date and if it is a better deal, call and ask to "refare".  That you you lock in a decent deal with chance of getting a better one, but you also lock up your cabin (the earlier the better IMO).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just booked a cruise for March 2023 with a $1 Deposit.  Not sure we will do it yet, but why not, right?  Anyway, I booked a Have It All fare, but I can’t see where it lists what us included, especially the Drink Package. Where can I see everything that is included?  

Thanks!  I haven’t cruised on HAL since I went on the Zaandam to Alaska in 2009.  

Edited by antmaril

28 minutes ago, antmaril said:

Where can I see everything that is included?  

If you booked directly with HAL then the Booking Confirmation you receive by email will show details on page 2 and it will be listed under 'Special Services' .

If you booked through a travel agent, then their confirmation should show it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

If you booked directly with HAL then the Booking Confirmation you receive by email will show details on page 2 and it will be listed under 'Special Services' .

If you booked through a travel agent, then their confirmation should show it.

I found it!  Yes, when I printed out the attachment to the email, it is spelled out there.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, motravelerken said:

I received an email today offering a "Today Only: $1 deposit" deal. Does this mean that the "Book early and save" offer is over?? It always seems they have some kind of special running. I am definitely booking an Alaskan cruise for July 2023 but just kind of waiting for the right deal for me. I have never sailed HAL before. Can I expect them to keep running good "specials"? Seems like the "Book early and save" might be about as good as it gets but I thought that about an earlier deal this summer. 

I hope you called to ask what is included.  I thought it was a very good promo and like Dave said you can always have it refared.  The $1 may be a non-refundable deposit.  So you may be out $2 if you cancel.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, motravelerken said:

I received an email today offering a "Today Only: $1 deposit" deal. Does this mean that the "Book early and save" offer is over?? 

The Book Early & Save offer is still showing on the HAL website for 2023 cruises, with the Today Only $1 Deposit on SELECT 2022 Cruises. People are saying it was applied to 2023 cruises, though; I suspect the $1 ($2/room) deposits are not coming through with the Book Early & Save perks. But willing to be wrong!

ETA current offers:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US.html

Edited by crystalspin

13 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

The Book Early & Save offer is still showing on the HAL website for 2023 cruises, with the Today Only $1 Deposit on SELECT 2022 Cruises. People are saying it was applied to 2023 cruises, though; I suspect the $1 ($2/room) deposits are not coming through with the Book Early & Save perks. But willing to be wrong!

ETA current offers:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US.html

I booked a 2024 cruise for $2 deposit 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

I booked a 2024 cruise for $2 deposit 

The banner on the website now says this: "NOW EXTENDED: $1 deposit secures your next 2022 or 2023 cruise. Book your adventure to Alaska, the Caribbean, Europe or beyond now." The Code is DV* and the expiry is now 8/8/22.

I was going to look up the code for Book Early & Save, but in the meantime I can no longer make it come up on my computer! (Since they "EXTENDED" the $1 deposit promo.) The $1 deposit icon is showing in my Feb.2024 So.Pacific cruise, however, if that is a deal anyone wants to jump on.

According to a message to my PCC, the code for BE&S was N1/U1. If anyone wants to pursue the HIA with Crew Appreciation over the $1 deposit.

It may be (or not) that the Book Early & Save is reinstated after 8/8 when the $1dep goes away.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 2

Dollar deposits are great for both the consumer and company. For us, the benefit is obvious. For the company, it means they can now advertise how much bookings are up in 2022/2023.

I expect you will see a news article in the very near feature boasting about record bookings. 

• Like 1

I couldn’t pass it up.  Just booked a transatlantic in October 2023 for a $2 deposit which includes:

14-15 Day Surf Wifi Hia Promo

Signature Beverage Pkg Hia Promo Shore Excursion Discount H I A

Shore Excursion Discount H I A

Pinnacle Grill H I A Promo2

Tamarind H I A Promo3
Pre-Paid Crew Appreciation

Promo 50% Reduced Deposit
July Sale
$1 Reduced Deposit

Got a great room too!

So I booked a transatlantic with this sale. Went to pay credit card this morning and charges  are pending for full amount of cruise!!!!! Went on Holland account and shows cruise paid off, no balance.  Called them and was told I have to speak with accounting tomorrow.  Dh wants me to dispute charge with credit card company. I think I should wait and speak to accounting tomorrow.  What think??

7 minutes ago, kacurl said:

So I booked a transatlantic with this sale. Went to pay credit card this morning and charges  are pending for full amount of cruise!!!!! Went on Holland account and shows cruise paid off, no balance.  Called them and was told I have to speak with accounting tomorrow.  Dh wants me to dispute charge with credit card company. I think I should wait and speak to accounting tomorrow.  What think??

Did you pick the deposit only option when you paid?  There were two buttons, pay in full and pay deposit only.  

6 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Did you pick the deposit only option when you paid?  There were two buttons, pay in full and pay deposit only.  

One does need to be careful because I believe it reverts to paid in full automatically.  @kacurl, hope you can get it resolved in a timely manner.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

@kacurlThis is an important caution for others.  Hopefully, you can get this corrected tomorrow.  

I checked and double checked before submitting my card info for my $2 deposit.  It did default to pay in full.