One day short of diamond level - any ideas?

Rungee

On 8/4/2022 at 10:01 PM, Rungee said:

We are sailing in October and are just one day short of having enough sailing days to reach the crown and anchor diamond level.   Does anyone know of a way to earn a day prior to our trip, while still at home, or can you only earn days by sailing?   I believe some of the other cruise lines offer ways to earn credit while at home, but wasn’t sure about Royal…

Book a back to back, you will be Diamond status the second week

We are 1 point short of Diamond Plus as well. Thought it's a shame to only get to Plus after our TA on Wonder in November. When I was looking for a short cruise before that, I noticed that Wonder is doing a 3 night Repo cruise from Rome to Barcelona just before the TA. So I booked that one and we're now doing a B2B. with the TA as the second leg and with the Plus benefits. Probably not worth the effort just for that 1 point, but it's a nice extension of our cruise.

• Like 2

If you cruised before 2011, you could check to make sure they correctly calculated your points.  My son was short 4 points and it pushed him to diamond.  The rest of us were correct though.

Screenshot_2022-08-05-08-48-30_kindlephoto-4815791.png

As just mentioned, you could call up C&A and see if the points are correct.  While there is a little danger that any errors may actually be in your favor, I've not heard of anyone having their points balance adjusted lower in such a case.

Do you have status with Celebrity and have you sailed them?  I am diamond now thanks to reciprocity and the fact that Celebrity has been offering captains club points through the power up program.  They periodically send out emails with surveys, links to webinars to watch, etc.to get points towards your captains club status.  I needed a few points to get to Elite with them and was able to do it with the power up points.

4 minutes ago, wednesday said:

Do you have status with Celebrity and have you sailed them?  I am diamond now thanks to reciprocity and the fact that Celebrity has been offering captains club points through the power up program.  They periodically send out emails with surveys, links to webinars to watch, etc.to get points towards your captains club status.  I needed a few points to get to Elite with them and was able to do it with the power up points.

If you are diamond with RC you are elite with Celebrity. Any doubt call the Captains Club at 1-800-760-0654.

51 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If you are diamond with RC you are elite with Celebrity. Any doubt call the Captains Club at 1-800-760-0654.

OP is almost Diamond on RCI.

What @wednesday is saying is that if you are a few points short of Elite (on Celebrity), you can earn power up points to become Elite, making you Diamond (on RCI).  Basically another possible option to bump to Diamond without cruising.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 11:10 PM, johnstoc13 said:

Exactly what everyone else has said. We are 79 points as well and will likely book a 2 or 3 night prior to our December 8 night to enjoy the benefits! If you have the flexibility and can find something reasonable to you, then go for it! If not, enjoy the Diamond status on the following cruise!

Which port are you sailing from on December 8?  There is a 2-nighter on the Freedom out of Miami on December 5.  Starts at $450 total for two in an inside guarantee, then one night in a hotel before your already booked cruise.  Sounds like fun!

Oops, just realized you said 8-night in December, not December 8!

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

No point in chasing a status, just enjoy your cruise and take the perks as they come. Heck, you may even want to try a different cruise line. We're diamond on Royal but it's looking more and more likely that our next cruise will be on a different line. You never know until you try......

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 2:47 PM, zeberdee said:

We'll be 2 points short of Diamond after our next cruise but as we live in the UK we don't get the option of 3 day cruises. ☹️

There's a 2 night one from Southampton next May, sometimes there is 3 night ones too - usually May or August Bank holiday

52 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

No point in chasing a status, just enjoy your cruise and take the perks as they come. Heck, you may even want to try a different cruise line. We're diamond on Royal but it's looking more and more likely that our next cruise will be on a different line. You never know until you try......

Again, unless you live near a port and need an excuse to take an inexpensive 3-day.  🙂

On 8/9/2022 at 9:11 AM, VCR said:

If you cruised before 2011, you could check to make sure they correctly calculated your points.  My son was short 4 points and it pushed him to diamond.  The rest of us were correct though.

Screenshot_2022-08-05-08-48-30_kindlephoto-4815791.png

so that's why I only got 8 points for my 10 night cruise in 2008.

Edited by Rogueperson

6 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

OP is almost Diamond on RCI.

What @wednesday is saying is that if you are a few points short of Elite (on Celebrity), you can earn power up points to become Elite, making you Diamond (on RCI).  Basically another possible option to bump to Diamond without cruising.

Don't get to excited about the Power Up points. They've slowed down dramatically, and it would be no shock if they just ended very, very soon. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 6:35 AM, SargassoPirate said:

Put the pencil to it.  Figure out the dollar value of your Diamond benefits for the next cruise and compare that to the cost of an additional short cruise to break the threshold. It may not be worth it. 

Very logical but any excuse I can use to cruise, count me in LOL 
I don't disagree with you! If I lived close to the port, or closer than I do now (17 some hours at best) I would have to weigh the pros, cons and financial

I am a couple of points short of Diamond.  Booked a solo guaranty inside on a 7 day trip out of Boston to Canada, all-in price $550.  Next cruise will be diamond, value of 4 drinks per day times seven days = $52 x 7 = $364, so I'm getting this cruise and vacation for just a net of $186.  Seems like a good deal to me...

• Like 2

I am Emerald as is my husband but I am cruising October with a girlfriend that puts me one night away from Diamond… we will no doubt cruise in December… if I can persuade him.. that will make me Diamond… is there really THAT many benefits?? We always buy drinks package… and what happens to him… does he stay Emerald?🤷‍♀️

Assuming you both live at the same address, he will also be considered Dimond. That said, unless you get another point somewhere before December, neither of you will be Diamond until after your December cruise.

Benefits:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

Depending on how much you drink, becoming Diamond can mean that you no longer need the drink package, or at the very least can drop it to the non-alcoholic refreshment package as you get 4 drinks up to $13 every day. That can be a significant savings on a 7 night cruise.

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dino1037 said:

I am Emerald as is my husband but I am cruising October with a girlfriend that puts me one night away from Diamond… we will no doubt cruise in December… if I can persuade him.. that will make me Diamond… is there really THAT many benefits?? We always buy drinks package… and what happens to him… does he stay Emerald?🤷‍♀️

More to being diamond than just the C&A drinks. IMO, yes. Your husband will be the same tier level as you but your cruise points will not be the same if you have more cruises than he does.