Increased OBC, is it worth the call.

LB_NJ

Celebrity is offering increased OBC this weekend, same cabin price as we have already.   It would out to $100 for our cabin.

Is it worth calling or should I wait until there is a more significant price change.

It’s worth calling. Next time the base fare might be different. If you have a TA or PVP you can email, even better. You could also try the chat function if you don’t want to wait on hold - they’re very helpful but I’ve not yet tried to do a reprice on there. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Celebrity is offering increased OBC this weekend, same cabin price as we have already.   It would out to $100 for our cabin.

Is it worth calling or should I wait until there is a more significant price change.

That is a significant cut to the cost of a meal for two…Any discount is worth having!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Yep I would if nothing else changed ... speakerphone listening to the 'tunes'.  📢

Edited by poffles

Booked cruise on Sunday, 7/31/22 with $200 pp onboard credit. Called this morning to see about getting additional $50 pp onboard credit with new weekend sale. I was told that the offer of $250 onboard credit only applied to new bookings made from 8/5-8/7/22, so my request was denied. Please report back if you call and get a different response.

19 minutes ago, marys350 said:

Booked cruise on Sunday, 7/31/22 with $200 pp onboard credit. Called this morning to see about getting additional $50 pp onboard credit with new weekend sale. I was told that the offer of $250 onboard credit only applied to new bookings made from 8/5-8/7/22, so my request was denied. Please report back if you call and get a different response.

Were you outside final payment?  Was it a non refundable deposit.   If so you should have said cancel and rebook.   I bet their tune would have changed.   I suspect it was a lazy rep.   While new bookings only is almost always in the T&C they almost always will honor the new promo on existing bookings.

If you have the time I'd call again.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Were you outside final payment?  Was it a non refundable deposit.   If so you should have said cancel and rebook.   I bet their tune would have changed.   I suspect it was a lazy rep.   While new bookings only is almost always in the T&C they almost always will honor the new promo on existing bookings.

If you have the time I'd call again.

It was before final payment  and nonrefundable deposit. There is a $100 pp fee for canceling a cruise with nonrefundable deposit or changing date or ship, so I don't want to change my original reservation by canceling and rebooking. The rep was good and answered all my questions. I will continue to watch for price drops before final payment.

40 minutes ago, marys350 said:

It was before final payment  and nonrefundable deposit. There is a $100 pp fee for canceling a cruise with nonrefundable deposit or changing date or ship, so I don't want to change my original reservation by canceling and rebooking. The rep was good and answered all my questions. I will continue to watch for price drops before final payment.

There is a $100 pp fee for canceling a cruise with nonrefundable deposit or changing date or ship,  This is what they publish/say.  I had a B3B booked, Nov-Dec 2022, had non-refundable deposits and asked my TA to move them again (2nd time) for a cruise I plan to go on in Oct 2022.  Celebrity did not charge me the cancel/change fee, rather they applied the full deposits to my new cruise.  Another example of inconsistency I suppose, but also a good example of what a good TA can do for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, marys350 said:

You should try again. This goes against their policy. 

Just make sure that the cruise features are the same as the ones you purchased... ie AI. I have found that when I booked..AI was the basic deal..unless you were close to cruise date...now the base price is cruise only and Also Included..is a higher rate.. just keep an eye out for that

Used the chat to celebrity agent, he applied our savings and gave us the extra onboard credit. This was on an existing cruise before final payment ,with al, pricing was not better on the other cruise.  Chat worked well, 10 minutes in queue 10 with agent.😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you call early morning the wait times seem to be shorter. Only 10 minutes when I called about March Caribbean cruise, save $500 additional and total $500 OBC. The other Caribbean saved $100 and $500 OBC. These both had refundable deposits.

other cruises we have booked didn’t change.

6 hours ago, LGW59 said:

There is a $100 pp fee for canceling a cruise with nonrefundable deposit or changing date or ship,  This is what they publish/say.  I had a B3B booked, Nov-Dec 2022, had non-refundable deposits and asked my TA to move them again (2nd time) for a cruise I plan to go on in Oct 2022.  Celebrity did not charge me the cancel/change fee, rather they applied the full deposits to my new cruise.  Another example of inconsistency I suppose, but also a good example of what a good TA can do for you.

Good for you.  Did you look over your invoice closely to make sure they did the add the $100 pp charge as an extra charge?  My total deposit transferred over to my new cruise, but $200 was added (add on) to my cruise as a separate line item.  My change was from a October 2022 to a different cruise in November 2022.  

I never even questioned it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, carolinagirlsince1993 said:

When I tried to get my price changed (cruise dropped $500 for same class cabin with same inclusions) I was told I was not eligible.  My TA tried to get me an upgrade, which at that time was available and Celebrity told her nothing was available.  Quite disappointed.

Did she say why you weren’t eligible? Do you think because you booked with TA or your fare was non refundable?

Pretty much the only reason you shouldn't be eligible would be if you are after final payment.  NRD does not preclude you from price drops.   There may be some very special fares that are excluded but probably not ones accessible to the general public.

I went on the chat tonight to get the extra OBC.  I think I got a lazy agent.  She didn't want to do it and wanted me to call in case the price changed.  Told her I did a mock booking and price was the same.  I practically had to beg.  

Last sale and chat, easy and fast!!

Just called to have our cruise repriced. The fare had decreased. Already had $200 onboard credit each and didn't ask about the current $250 each. Lo and behold, our updated booking confirmation reflects $250 onboard credit for each passenger.