Taking beer back to cabin?

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Just be aware that those aren't really "fridges" and the temperature varies by ship.

I agree.  Make sure that they will actually keep your beer cold and not lukewarm.  The newer ships are no problem, but the older ones don’t work.

19 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

I agree.  Make sure that they will actually keep your beer cold and not lukewarm.  The newer ships are no problem, but the older ones don’t work.

No bottle openers in rooms, though.

Just now, poocher said:

And just empty the water & refill?  How many times a day would that need to be done?  Doesn’t seem very efficient.

It isn’t very efficient, but that has been our experience.  Your attendant will come in the morning with ice and again in the evening.  We make sure to consume our white wine right when we board.

Thanks.  I don’t think I can drink 2 bottles of wine on day 1.  I had planned to take a glass with me every night for dinner.  Maybe I should just bring the bottle and let them store it?  The corkage fee , if charged, won’t break the bank 🤷‍♀️

31 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Not necessarily is that true about the older ships. Just off Jewel and the fridge was super cold.

1 minute ago, poocher said:

Thanks.  I don’t think I can drink 2 bottles of wine on day 1.  I had planned to take a glass with me every night for dinner.  Maybe I should just bring the bottle and let them store it?  The corkage fee , if charged, won’t break the bank 🤷‍♀️

That is why we always bring red wine when boarding.  We have white wine listed as our C&A gift, but it is always warm waiting for us on our desk.

3 minutes ago, poocher said:

Not a wine drinker but the corkage fee has been gone for some time.

2 hours ago, wesb1980 said:

Is it ok to ask for an unopened bottle of beer at the bar to take back to your cabin to drink later?

Did a B2B cruise on the Explorer in March. Always took a can or two of Budweiser back to the cabin every night. 

• Haha 2