Question about Celebrity Suite on the Edge

itzfitz

I am trying to decide if I should make a Move Up offer for a Celebrity Suite on our Edge TA.  Those cabins are so far forward that I'm worried about feeling the motion of the ocean more than in my midship SS.  Anyone have an opinion?  We are not prone to seasickness but have never been on a crossing before either.

Thanks for any insight.

I don't know about that specific suite you are asking about but we were in a very forward sky suite last year (July) and it was one of the smoothest cruises we have been on.  Captain Kate shared at her presentation that they have a new stabilizing system in the front of the Edge boats that really make them smooth.  This was a Caribbean cruise & those rarely get overly rough.

• Like 1

We have been on TAs with seas as smooth as glass and on the other hand had one with 4 days of extremely rough seas, all outside decks closed, waves crashing  on to the front of deck 12.  

The new ships should handle the weather better and the odds of a storm that strong are slim.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, itzfitz said:

I am trying to decide if I should make a Move Up offer for a Celebrity Suite on our Edge TA.  Those cabins are so far forward that I'm worried about feeling the motion of the ocean more than in my midship SS.  Anyone have an opinion?  We are not prone to seasickness but have never been on a crossing before either.

Thanks for any insight.

we were in a CS on the Edge (#11105) earlier this year. Some motion for sure but not a lot. Felt only incrementally more than elsewhere on the ship. Loved it. 

• Like 2

We were in a CS on a very rough TA crossing.   I didn't notice any great motion as compared to mid-ship on a M-Class or S-Class. 

We had really rough seas to the point we suffered significant damage to the ceiling panels above the Grill that were ripped off and took over a week to repair while we were at sea.   TA crossing. 

• Like 2

Having never done a crossing, I'm just trying to decide if going up a deck and way forward is the smartest thing for me to do.  I'm sure my midship SS will be just fine and it's on the port side so will be getting more sun.  While I would like the extra room we should be able to manage with what we have. (just hoping there's enough room for all my clothes for 14days!!!  LOL)  Thank you for your insights!

• 1 year later...
On 8/11/2022 at 7:46 AM, itzfitz said:

Having never done a crossing, I'm just trying to decide if going up a deck and way forward is the smartest thing for me to do.  I'm sure my midship SS will be just fine and it's on the port side so will be getting more sun.  While I would like the extra room we should be able to manage with what we have. (just hoping there's enough room for all my clothes for 14days!!!  LOL)  Thank you for your insights!

Can't speak for forward, but we were on Edge in April for a TA midship SS and it was great. The only thing that we had to adjust to was the daily time change going over. Not a big and as we got used to it. We want to do a TA westbound one of these days. Enjoy!

2 hours ago, westpalmboy said:

When you are in a Celebrity Suite on the Edge can you open the headboard end of the door  to see the ocean when lying in bed or does only the other side open.  Thank you. 

No, the sliding door only opens from the foot of the bed to the midpoint.  The rest (up to the headboard) is fixed wall.