Update is in - testing still required for 6 nights or longer - Vaccine dropped in certain ports as of 9/5/22

Was hoping the testing mandates would be gone by my October cruise. But whatever. It is what it is at this point. If we fail the test we will spend the week and our money in Miami. And have a free cruise credit to use in the future. Royal needs to end testing. It does absolutely nothing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

I can assure you that I started cruising again June-2021 and have cruised 10 times since, this was the rule.  Why would I say it if it wasn’t true?  There were many restrictions in the beginning of start up.  I have several wristbands in which I had to wear them in order to go to MANY venues.

I never said what you said wasn’t true.  However, it’s now August 2022.  A lot has changed since 14 months ago.  A lot changed earlier this year, so what I just said is 100% accurate.  No more wristbands and up to 10% unvaccinated each cruise since earlier this year. 

The momentum is shifting back to where everyone will be able to cruise. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

So basically the vaxxed are screwed with having to still test, but unvaccinated are a welcome aboard. 😡

I agree. Thank you let the vaccinated people who have gotten you cruise lines back on your feet since restart. Cmon get rid of that stupid testing requirement. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

So basically the vaxxed are screwed with having to still test, but unvaccinated are a welcome aboard. 😡

How are the vaccinated being screwed?  The test isn’t anything new.  In fact the vaccinated now get an extra day to take their test.  

The unvaccinated still have to test.  The unvaccinated were welcome before, albeit in limited quantities.  

Getting back to normal.  Eventually the testing will go away.  

Edited by atgood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, atgood said:

How are the vaccinated being screwed?  The test isn’t anything new.  In fact the vaccinated now get an extra day to take their test.  

The unvaccinated still have to test.  The unvaccinated were welcome before, albeit in limited quantities.  

Getting back to normal.  Eventually the testing will go away.  

The testing should go away now and unvaxxed should be allowed on later. They’d have no problems with the cdc, island gov, and passengers

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, njkruzer said:

No wristbands on our April cruises.  Of course on our Jewel TA there were only 1127 of us!

We had wristbands in Nov/Dec on HOTS, but by Apr on EN, they were gone.  Interestingly enough in July on EN they put wristbands on us when we completed muster.  The reason?  So crew would stop asking us if we'd been to muster.  We only had to wear them til we set sail.  I think they had a surplus and someone came up with a good idea of how to use them.

Edited by BND

They have a lot of test that have been purchased.  They have to make some of that money back.  Testing will continue until they make money or get rid of the test they have.    Testing has nothing to do with health, it has everything to do with money.  What else would they do with the millions of test?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, tlguinn_2000 said:

They have a lot of test that have been purchased.  They have to make some of that money back.  Testing will continue until they make money or get rid of the test they have.    Testing has nothing to do with health, it has everything to do with money.  What else would they do with the millions of test?

WHAT???

Who are "they"?  

Why do they have millions of tests?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tlguinn_2000 said:

Royal does not sell or profit from the tests.  The companies that actually sell them do.  The link on RCI's website to purchase tests is just that, a link to another site (Optum last I checked).  Optum is a separate company and always has been.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

WHAT???

Who are "they"?  

The poster mistakenly thinks (like others I've seen) that RCI is selling tests and proctoring them, which they are not.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 7:56 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

WHAT???

Who are "they"?  

As of August 5, 2022, the total number of tests for coronavirus infections conducted in Italy reached 238 million.  Italy has a population of about 59 million.  All countries still have millions of test.  They, i.e. the governments, are not going to just let them end up in the trash when they can continue to make money on them.  Just do a search and you can find out how to make money with Covid testing.

Covid Testing Has Turned Into a Financial Windfall for Hospitals and Other Providers 

Covid Testing Has Turned Into a Financial Windfall for Hospitals and Other Providers | Kaiser Health News (khn.org)

40 minutes ago, tlguinn_2000 said:

As of August 5, 2022, the total number of tests for coronavirus infections conducted in Italy reached 238 million.  Italy has a population of about 59 million.  All countries still have millions of test.  They, i.e. the governments, are not going to just let them end up in the trash when they can continue to make money on them.  Just do a search and you can find out how to make money with Covid testing.

Covid Testing Has Turned Into a Financial Windfall for Hospitals and Other Providers 

Covid Testing Has Turned Into a Financial Windfall for Hospitals and Other Providers | Kaiser Health News (khn.org)

I think your aluminum foil hat has slipped off a little bit

• Haha 2

On 8/10/2022 at 9:34 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Yes but the one that they sent out today says September 5th…. Is it now or Sept. 5th?

You've got us confused now.  We thought the 5 or less night 'no test' cruises started August 8?  We sail aug. 29th, so we are worried once again; Could it start Sept. 5?  Only reason we booked this '5 nighter' was to 'celebrate' not testing.  We'll have to dig through all the website haystack looking for the needle again.  Oh lord, give us a break from this insanity.  

On 8/11/2022 at 9:25 AM, Preziosa said:

And what about Italy, I Think They did forget Italy, Ravanna. We are sailing Brilliance from Italy the 11.th of september

We are doing that same sailing on the 18th.  So will we need to test because it stops in Mykonos and Santorini?  The website only list sailing OUT of Athens requires testing.

On 8/10/2022 at 6:28 PM, seasidemama said:

Unvaccinated will be able to cruise from limited US ports.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting with September 5th departures, all travelers regardless of vaccination status can cruise on the following itineraries, as long as they meet any testing requirements to board.

• Cruises from Los Angeles, California. Browse itineraries.
  • Cruises from Galveston, Texas. Browse itineraries.
    (Note: Currently, only guests that show a valid vaccination record can get off the ship in Grand Cayman)
  • Cruises from New Orleans, Louisiana. Browse itineraries.
    (Note: Currently, only guests that show a valid vaccination record can get off the ship in Grand Cayman)
  • Cruises from a European homeport. Browse itineraries.
    (Note: Guests that are not “up to date” on their vaccination per EMA standards will need to take a test onboard in order to get off the ship in Greece and Spain)

Why not Florida departures?