Medallion colors

rjack22

I suspect that the color of the medallions reflect your "status" with Princess because mine showed red (i'm Ruby) and my husbands showed yellow (He's gold).

I know that you can pay extra and get custom ones made but I am cheap and I don't want to do that.   I really don't want to walk around with my "status" showing either.  I noticed in the example it was blue.    Is that a color of the  one of the status's?  If not, is it possible to order one in plain blue?

Edited by rjack22
left word out

5 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

I suspect that the color of the medallions reflect your "status" with Princess because mine showed red (i'm Ruby) and my husbands showed yellow (He's gold).

I know that you can pay extra and get custom ones made but I am cheap and I don't want to do that.   I really don't want to walk around with my "status" showing either.  I noticed in the example it was blue.    Is that a color of the  one of the status's?  If not, is it possible to order one in plain blue?

Blue is a brand new Princess cruiser.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Blue is a brand new Princess cruiser.

7 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

It will come with your status color. I wouldn’t worry about it, no one really cares about your color. You can tuck the lanyard inside your shirt if you want.

• Like 1

It is the center of the medallion that is colored according to your Circle status. I suppose you could get a small sticker the same size and cover it up. It will not harm your medallion or prevent it from working. 

image.thumb.png.34397006e189bc2d46055bb6210d0c96.png

Or. you can hope that Princess makes a mistake and sends you a blue one.  They did that to me.  If you are really concerned, Customer Service Desk has the ability to swap out Medallions.  You could ask them for a blue one.

Or just stick it in your pocket.

The office supply company Avery makes adhesive dots in various sizes.  Maybe you can get a dot that is approximately the size of the medallion and cover it up.  Then, color it Black with a Sharpie to pretend that you are Elite.  That will definitely impress your fellow cruisers.

I don't wear the lanyard around my neck, but keep the medallion in my pocket unless I need to show it for some reason.  No one sees the color, and no one cares (except if I am requesting tender priority).

15 hours ago, rjack22 said:

No worries here, no one really cares, so is it a fear of being bullied? Relax and enjoy your cruise,

16 hours ago, rjack22 said:

I really don't want to walk around with my "status" showing either.

Just curious.  If 3,000 other people (on one ship, and 30,000 on any given day on ten ships) are walking around showing their status, why do you think that this is a problem?  What is the downside?

• Like 1