Royal follow Carnival PLEASE!

Insurance companies are required by federal law to provide each insured individual 8 tests per month FREE. My wife and I just picked up 16 tests. I will use these through one of the MANY online proctoring sites in October for our cruise. We did this in June with zero issues and total out of pocket cost was $20. Eezy peezy.

I did not think that I would be posting on this thread when I first saw it on Sunday, but....

I was just listening to the radio (yes, some of us still listen to the radio) and there was a report about Carnival's dropping the testing requirement.  

Carnival says that after that announcement, their bookings doubled from the same date in 2019.

Just sayin'.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, traveling moose said:

I caught Covid hiking in Southern Utah a couple of weeks ago.  I have cruised on 3 ships in the past 8 months, and guess what???  I didn't catch Covid hiking!!  I does not matter where you are, so please drop all the mandates, including vaccinations and pre testing.   

So you caught it hiking but you didn't catch it hiking.  😄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, traveling moose said:

I caught Covid hiking in Southern Utah a couple of weeks ago.  I have cruised on 3 ships in the past 8 months, and guess what???  I didn't catch Covid hiking!!  I does not matter where you are, so please drop all the mandates, including vaccinations and pre testing.   

I am very confused by this post.  

• Like 1

Please let them update soon!!  We are booked 11/12 .  3 of the 4 of us are vaccinated/boosted.  My 18 year old daughter really does not want to get the vaccine and I hate for her to have to make that decision based on wanting to go on her first cruise or not. 😪

If we weren't already booked...I would've chosen Carnival just for this reason. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, topnole said:

I am very confused by this post.  

Pretty sure it's called a typo and they meant they didn't catch it cruising.  Just reading the sentence and using normal reading comprehension, that's what naturally follows.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BND said:

Pretty sure it's called a typo and they meant they didn't catch it cruising.  Just reading the sentence and using normal reading comprehension, that's what naturally follows.

Guess what?   It is always the job of the writer to be clear in their communication.   If it isn’t clear, it is their fault.  It isn’t the job of the reader to try to figure it out.  And using the wrong word isn’t a typo.  A typo is something loke this.   There are a ton of nonsensical posts on here.  Not my job to change their meanings to try to interpret them.  If I post something with a mistake, it’s my fault, not someone else’s who couldn’t understand it.  

I’m pretty sure they have no real idea where they caught covid and neither does anyone else after reading their post.  Hiking doesn’t cause Covid.   Catching covid requires exposure to a host who has covid.  Hiking itself couldn’t cause this.  Only being around other people (or animals) with Covid could result in catching covid.   So there is more than one reason to wonder what the heck this person is talking about.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, dmfleischmann said:

Please let them update soon!!  We are booked 11/12 .  3 of the 4 of us are vaccinated/boosted.  My 18 year old daughter really does not want to get the vaccine and I hate for her to have to make that decision based on wanting to go on her first cruise or not. 😪

If we weren't already booked...I would've chosen Carnival just for this reason. 

She is not required to get the vaccine but is required to get the test.

I have to say Royal Caribbean, if we weren't already booked with you, WE"D go with your nemesis Carnival in a heartbeat.  We even discussed canceling out just so we get rid of this goldarned [not the emphasis I wanted to use] COVID TESTING!!!!   WE HATE IT!  and this "goldarned' pandemic.  

So...Royal...stay competitive.  If Carnival can...

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

She is not required to get the vaccine but is required to get the test.

Where does it show this? If you are leaving port out of Florida, for example, ages 12+ at date of sailing still need to be vaccinated. The no vaccine requirement seems to apply to only specific ports and I don't see any updates on Florida ports yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LinRon3 said:

I have to say Royal Caribbean, if we weren't already booked with you, WE"D go with your nemesis Carnival in a heartbeat.  We even discussed canceling out just so we get rid of this goldarned [not the emphasis I wanted to use] COVID TESTING!!!!   WE HATE IT!  and this "goldarned' pandemic.  

So...Royal...stay competitive.  If Carnival can...

Notice Royal requires payment of a 6-7 day cruise 90 days in advance!!!

1 hour ago, geneticsguy said:

Where does it show this? If you are leaving port out of Florida, for example, ages 12+ at date of sailing still need to be vaccinated. The no vaccine requirement seems to apply to only specific ports and I don't see any updates on Florida ports yet.

read it on Royals web sit. it is very clear what the requirements are 

So Carnival sails to Alaska but where is the statement that people still need to test 2 days prior and fill out the Arrive Can form.  How many people will be denied boarding because all you people say there is not more testing required.  Maybe when you make your statement you need to add that it all depends on where you are going.  I am so tired of hearing about no testing when that is not the case.  Let's be responsible about what we post.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

read it on Royals web sit. it is very clear what the requirements are 

It's clear that currently it's only for certain itineraries and departure ports

It is not across the board yet

Praying they drop Florida itineraries this weekend so I can go on my oct cruise 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 2:36 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

I understand what you are saying here but cruises have always been a floating germ factory and always will be.  It goes with the territory and everyone who cruises knows that.  If you are especially vulnerable you have to make a reasoned decision as to whether cruising is the right thing for you BUT I am not here to protect you.  I already have enough people to protect and care about so you need to protect yourself.  If you are on a cruise, and are vulnerable or unjabbed, there is no pre testing and I am asymptomatic with COVID then it's on you

You should lose your posting privileges for using the term “floating germ factory” 

It's called LIFE - Life is actual “floating germ factory”, not just any particular aspect of it.  Besides, as everyone who is cruising is aware: there is no better place than the cruise ship in terms of hygiene - where else will one find a person patiently waiting for your business and jumps immediately to clean up after you? Or wiping stairs 3-5 times a day?  Is it a plane, a hospital, a stadium, a store?  None of them.  However, it happens on every ship, every day...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

It's called LIFE - Life is actual “floating germ factory”, not just any particular aspect of it.  Besides, as everyone who is cruising is aware: there is no better place than the cruise ship in terms of hygiene - where else will one find a person patiently waiting for your business and jumps immediately to clean up after you? Or wiping stairs 3-5 times a day?  Is it a plane, a hospital, a stadium, a store?  None of them.  However, it happens on every ship, every day...

How true. Remember the movie War of the Worlds. The common cold killed them.

• Like 1

Come on RCCL...your losing money to Carnival and NCL:

Carnival Cruise bookings soar after it eases COVID testing requirements

BY Reuters
— 1:08 PM ET 08/16/2022

(Reuters) - Carnival Cruise Line said booking activity nearly doubled pre-pandemic levels on Monday after it announced an ease in COVID-19 testing requirements for passengers, sending its shares more than 3% higher.

The company's parent, Carnival Corp (CCL), said on Friday it would drop mandatory testing for guests vaccinated against COVID-19 and allow unvaccinated passengers to travel without an exemption in some cases, after a similar move by rival Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCLH)

"Mid-August is typically not a busy month for cruise bookings, but it's clear that pent-up demand for Carnival has not been satisfied and guests are responding very favorably to our updated protocols," Cristine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line, said in a statement on Tuesday.

The cruise industry has bounced back in recent months from an over one-year-long sailing pause caused by COVID-19, but rising inflation and labor shortages pose risks to its outlook.

(Reporting by Mehr Bedi in Bengaluru; Editing by Aditya Soni)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

t's called LIFE - Life is actual “floating germ factory”, not just any particular aspect of it.  Besides, as everyone who is cruising is aware: there is no better place than the cruise ship in terms of hygiene - where else will one find a person patiently waiting for your business and jumps immediately to clean up after you? Or wiping stairs 3-5 times a day?  Is it a plane, a hospital, a stadium, a store?  None of them.  However, it happens on every ship, every day...

How true. Remember the movie War of the Worlds. The common cold killed them.

Live is life

When we all give the power
We all give the best
Every minute of an hour
Don't think about a rest
Then you all get the power
You all get the best
When everyone gives everything
And every song everybody sings

Then it's life...
Live is life…

I don’t understand why Royal and Celebrity have such different protocols since they are basically the same company.  Celebrity, for sail dates Sept 5 or after, out of UK-Europe (except Iceland) has dropped vaccination requirements and no longer require monitored pre-board testing.  

Beginning September 5th, 2022, all travelers, regardless of vaccination status, can now cruise on the following itineraries as long as they meet any testing requirements to board:

- All sailings departing from the UK and Europe (with the exception of Iceland)
- All sailings departing from Los Angeles

All guests ages 2 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result to board their sailing. A negative test result from any commercially available test, including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be monitored or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test.

St Kitts has dropped its vaccine and testing requirements.

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/tour-operators/st-kitts-and-nevis-drops-covid-vaccination-and-testing-rules

It's starting to look good for those eastern Caribbean ports that might have been the hair in biscuit for Royal.  

Change is coming 🙂 

1 hour ago, thethreeofus said:

I don’t understand why Royal and Celebrity have such different protocols since they are basically the same company.  Celebrity, for sail dates Sept 5 or after, out of UK-Europe (except Iceland) has dropped vaccination requirements and no longer require monitored pre-board testing.  

Beginning September 5th, 2022, all travelers, regardless of vaccination status, can now cruise on the following itineraries as long as they meet any testing requirements to board:

All guests ages 2 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result to board their sailing. A negative test result from any commercially available test, including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be monitored or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test.

That's essentially the same as Royal's.  Celebrity doesn't sail out of Galveston or NoLa so they don't list those but all the other rules they have are the same so far as I can tell.

1 hour ago, thethreeofus said:

And if you go to their Canadian site it says all us ports, has for a few days which makes no sense at all but what does lately 

Just now, Finnsmom13 said:

And if you go to their Canadian site it says all us ports, has for a few days which makes no sense at all but what does lately 

I'm still convinced it's an intern error that the rest will catch up on in the day or so.