Bermuda - any chance Royal will drop port?

I've been keeping my fingers crossed that Bermuda would drop the pre-cruise testing requirements since the cruise lines are doing so.  As well as the fully vaccinated status for 12yrs+

If they don't, any chance the cruise lines will drop them as a port?

I'd be fine with days at sea.

That testing is such an unwanted stress 2 days before.

13 minutes ago, poocher said:

IMHO not a chance.  If you don’t want the stress, don’t book an itinerary that includes Bermuda.

Agreed. We booked a Bermuda trip for my wife's 40th and we're now less than 30 days out. We're SUPER excited and I couldn't care less about needing to do a test. It's a mild annoyance at best and I completely understand why Bermuda has not dropped their testing requirements. 

Dropping Bermuda is not feasible or desired by Royal, or probably any other line that sails there. (Cruises there?). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Williamsburgcruiser said:

I've been keeping my fingers crossed that Bermuda would drop the pre-cruise testing requirements since the cruise lines are doing so.  As well as the fully vaccinated status for 12yrs+

I'm going to caymans who has the same requirement. Only vaccinated age 12 and over can get off in the port. Can still cruise, just not get off the ship. Skipping ports last minute because there are unvaccinated to me is the unvaccinated choice, not something the cruiseline should do for the unvaccinated.  I'd be mad if rcl skipped it for this reason..

• Like 4

Bermuda is amazing, and won't be dropped by the cruise line. They do many sailings at premium prices from Boston, Bayonne, and Baltimore (and to a lesser extent, out of FL).

As said by others, if Bermuda regulations are of concern, you can't opt for other itineraries.

I doubt Royal would be interested in dropping a lucrative port because a couple of people feel inconvenienced. 🙂

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Williamsburgcruiser said:

No chance at all. Bermuda is making them a lot of money. Also it a good port for the northeast market. They built a cruise port at Bayonne for that market. Also Royal has a contract with Bermuda and there is no way they can drop Bermuda mid season. In addition your cruise has to have a port it can’t be a cruise to nowhere by law. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No, the cruiseline won’t drop the destination in the near future.  If one does not wish to deal with Bermuda’s rules, simply don’t book a Bermuda cruise.  Leave those cruises for people who want to go to Bermuda enough to jump through whatever hoops are required.

• Like 6

I'd prefer not to do the testing and authorization, but them's the rules.  Cruises from Baltimore that sail south go to Bermuda so I don't think RCI will drop them.  I do wish RCI would add back in more southern itineraries from Baltimore.

Edited by moposh
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, moposh said:

My first time cruising from Baltimore was on Grandeur of the Seas.  Now I'll be on Enchantment of the Seas.

I've sailed the following out of Baltimore:  Celebrity Horizon, Norwegian Crown, Celebrity Galaxy, Celebrity Mercury (2x), Grandeur (7x), and Enchantment. 

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

... and homeport a Radiance class ship.  🤞  

Ahh yes the magical class of ship we all know can fit under the bridge but continue to be told that, NO, it can't fit. Someday.....soooon....

6 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Bermuda has 6 people hospitalized for covid right now. Odds are that no more than 2 are actually being treated FOR covid.

Looks like requiring testing is working for them, huh?

I cannot lay any blame on island governments requiring testing to set foot on their soil. One positive case could be devastating to the island economy and health of the citizens.

I've got a cruise to Bermuda coming up in April. While I *hate* having that stick shoved up my nose, I will gladly do it if the government there is still insisting on the test.

• Like 5

I'm going to be up front:  I AM SKIPPING BERMUDA!  My objection isn't as much about their COVID testing/vaccine requirements as it is about the online application and a none refundable $40.00 application fee.  No, it isn't much money in perspective!  But, I don't need just another foreign entity gathering my personal information (Canada already has too much of mine (ArriveCan (but, at leas no application fee))).  And, if I come up positive pre-departure, no $40.00 refunded.  

This is my own personal choice, YMMV!

Too bad, really.  We really enjoyed Bermuda and we hope they change their policy, SOON!

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I've sailed the following out of Baltimore:  Celebrity Horizon, Norwegian Crown, Celebrity Galaxy, Celebrity Mercury (2x), Grandeur (7x), and Enchantment. 

I did Celebrity Galaxy, Celebrity Mercury and Carnival Miracle out of Baltimore.  

1 hour ago, robmtx said:

Ahh yes the magical class of ship we all know can fit under the bridge but continue to be told that, NO, it can't fit. Someday.....soooon....

You can’t just look at height of the ship. Air draft has to be considered. To find that out they run simulations. 

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

I'm going to be up front:  I AM SKIPPING BERMUDA!  My objection isn't as much about their COVID testing/vaccine requirements as it is about the online application and a none refundable $40.00 application fee.  No, it isn't much money in perspective!  But, I don't need just another foreign entity gathering my personal information (Canada already has too much of mine (ArriveCan (but, at leas no application fee))).  And, if I come up positive pre-departure, no $40.00 refunded.  

This is my own personal choice, YMMV!

Too bad, really.  We really enjoyed Bermuda and we hope they change their policy, SOON!

What ticks me off is that they charge the $40 per cruise.  B2B with Bermuda on each cruise?  $80.  That's absurd.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

One positive case could be devastating to the island economy and health of the citizens.

That’s a funny statement as the person you’re quoting says they’re treating 6 cases and they’re not devastated. Test if they want, but do you really think that there are no positive COVID people traveling there?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Williamsburgcruiser said:

Bermuda requires their Travel authorization be completed by all.   They say this will remain in place until March 2023.

Yes you must test before boarding the ship but you don't have to upload the test to your TA form with Bermuda gov.

Bermuda is close to the bottom of the rung for me. 

I try not to book a cruise that stops in Bermuda when I can. 

It would be no loss if they were dropped as far as I’m concerned. 

To each their own. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1