Bermuda - any chance Royal will drop port?

13 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

Bermuda is close to the bottom of the rung for me. 

I try not to book a cruise that stops in Bermuda when I can. 

It would be no loss if they were dropped as far as I’m concerned. 

To each their own. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

We absolutely love Bermuda.  We have been there several times for cruises and land/family vacations.   We avoid most of the tourist areas.

We were suppose to be on 9.10 Adventure ots. To Bermuda but cancelled this week since I'm on Oasis on 8.28 and started a new job beginning of august.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

To each their own. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

How dare you!  What do you mean you don't like Bermuda?  Don't you know that everybody loves it there and so should you!  How dare you stray from the pack.  You'll do what the sheep do or else!  Now, get on board and fly right!  

This is a joke, of course, or at least an attempt.  You are right, To each their own!  

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I'm going to be up front:  I AM SKIPPING BERMUDA!  My objection isn't as much about their COVID testing/vaccine requirements as it is about the online application and a none refundable $40.00 application fee.  No, it isn't much money in perspective!  But, I don't need just another foreign entity gathering my personal information (Canada already has too much of mine (ArriveCan (but, at leas no application fee))).  And, if I come up positive pre-departure, no $40.00 refunded.  

This is my own personal choice, YMMV!

Too bad, really.  We really enjoyed Bermuda and we hope they change their policy, SOON!

Crikey, based on the number ov Visa's I'll need for world cruise, the paperwork and expense for Bermuda is nothing. Looking forward to going in October.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Crikey, based on the number ov Visa's I'll need for world cruise, the paperwork and expense for Bermuda is nothing. Looking forward to going in October.

Hence my words, "No, it isn't much money in perspective!"  

1 hour ago, rrraydon said:

To each their own. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

What do you mean you try not to book a cruise that stops in Bermuda? It is not hard book a cruise that does not stop in Bermuda. I have done about 70 cruises and only 15 stopped at Bermuda LOL

The beaches in Bermuda are way more beautiful than the beach at Bethany Beach. Been to Bethany and Rehobeth a few times. The people are nicer too in Bermuda. I would rather vacation in Bermuda than Bethany Beach.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I'm going to be up front:  I AM SKIPPING BERMUDA!  My objection isn't as much about their COVID testing/vaccine requirements as it is about the online application and a none refundable $40.00 application fee.  No, it isn't much money in perspective!  But, I don't need just another foreign entity gathering my personal information (Canada already has too much of mine (ArriveCan (but, at leas no application fee))).  And, if I come up positive pre-departure, no $40.00 refunded.  

This is my own personal choice, YMMV!

Too bad, really.  We really enjoyed Bermuda and we hope they change their policy, SOON!

Aruba was doing this too last time I went. Lots of hoops to jump through, forms to fill out, Aruba government insurance to purchase etc.

Not to mention their confusing testing requirements. You had to take the correct type of test from the correct type of company who would give you results that were formatted in a certain way, and the time stamp on the test could be no sooner than X hours before you landed in Aruba, meaning you had to make sure you counted backwards from the correct time zone, and factor in all your flights and layovers that occurred in totally different time zones...it was confusing.

I did it, thinking that at the very least, there'd be less stupid people visiting the island 😂.  And that did seem to be true once I got there. Lots of well seasoned travelers. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zebra36 said:

OP,

NO!

Thank you all!   

I suppose I'd like it if there was an option not to get off the ship - Royal not letting you off the ship - if you did not do the testing, nor got the form.  I'd be all on board for that!  For any trip!

It's confusing - Royal says that non-vaccinated of any age can cruise - but Bermuda says that EVERYONE 12+ must be vaccinated.

How's Royal handling that?  

7 minutes ago, Williamsburgcruiser said:

Thank you all!   

I suppose I'd like it if there was an option not to get off the ship - Royal not letting you off the ship - if you did not do the testing, nor got the form.  I'd be all on board for that!  For any trip!

It's confusing - Royal says that non-vaccinated of any age can cruise - but Bermuda says that EVERYONE 12+ must be vaccinated.

How's Royal handling that?  

They call it out in bold type on their page

image.thumb.png.93b495f786387fe01a7bb0920110958b.png

Many passengers specifically book a cruise that’s going to Bermuda. As a recent cruise passenger to Bermuda, it is not just a testing.

At this point  there is still a $40 per person pre cruise travel authorization that some take issue with. We had no problem filling out the form and uploading our vaccine information, but others on our trip came upon some issues
m

22 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Many passengers specifically book a cruise that’s going to Bermuda. As a recent cruise passenger to Bermuda, it is not just a testing.

At this point  there is still a $40 per person pre cruise travel authorization that some take issue with. We had no problem filling out the form and uploading our vaccine information, but others on our trip came upon some issues
m

Just pre testing any more can require payment. My gp still cannot tell me the cost to test for my sept 11. Come in and test and your insurance company will bill you.

Makes carnival look more and more attractive..or even a few princess out of Galveston.  Kinda tight to fit in princess at this pt, but until pre testing is lifted, no more rcl booking for me. Tired of rcl hoops. They need to step testing. Even zoom testing isnt free. $40 is just one more add on. Rcl is hurting itself. There is a reason carnival booking have doubled ... and arent cheap. People dont want added aggravation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Makes carnival look more and more attractive..or even a few princess out of Galveston.  Kinda tight to fit in princess at this pt, but until pre testing is lifted, no more rcl booking for me. Tired of rcl hoops. They need to step testing. Even zoom testing isnt free. $40 is just one more add on. Rcl is hurting itself. There is a reason carnival booking have doubled ... and arent cheap. People dont want added aggravation.

RCI is not responsible for the $40 fee. It is a Bermuda government fee. I don't see how Carnival would be more atractive. If you were cruising to Bermuda on Carnival, Carnival does have a lot of sailings to Bermuda, you would have to pay the same $40 fee. 

Edited by Charles4515

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

RCI is not responsible for the $40 fee. It is a Bermuda government fee.  If you were cruising to Bermuda on Carnival, Carnival has a lot of sailings to Bermuda, you would have to pay the same $40 fee. 

I said carnival dropped pre cruise testing. Still true. $40 is still one more add on cost. 

I'm to caymans in sept where over 12 not vaccinated cant get off, but at least no extra fee to stay on the ship. Out of Galveston I dont think you can get to Bermuda but lol. Generally I only cruise out of Galveston and want rcl to wake up. Hopefully bermuda will quit this money grab and make it optional. $40 only if you choose to get off in port. Kinda like a speed trap. Bermuda needs to quit this add on. Or rcl add it into port fees. This is the wrong way to do this. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I said carnival dropped pre cruise testing. Still true. $40 is still one more add on cost. 

I'm to caymans in sept where over 12 not vaccinated cant get off, but at least no extra fee to stay on the ship. Out of Galveston I dont think you can get to Bermuda but lol. Generally I only cruise out of Galveston and want rcl to wake up. Hopefully bermuda will quit this money grab and make it optional. $40 only if you choose to get off in port. Kinda like a speed trap. Bermuda needs to quit this add on. Or rcl add it into port fees. This is the wrong way to do this. 

I thought this thread was about Bermuda. But again Carnival did not drop it for Bermuda and Canada. Pretty likely that Royal and Carnival will have the same testing requirements shortly. I read this morning that St. Kitts was eliminating their requirements. That is a big deal for Royal as it is one of their ports that can take Oasis Class ships. 

Edited by Charles4515