Sneakers in Specialty Restaurants

dolls123

8 hours ago, Laszlo said:

If I'm not in a bathing suit I'm in these shorts.    https://amzn.to/3Cb3R79

I've worn them and a pair of slip on boat shoes along with a Polo to Cagney's a half dozen times. I wore them to Le Bistro once, only because our suitcases didn't arrive until 8pm

What I find interesting about those shorts is US Amazon has them available in Bright Aqua and Red Spark.   The Canadian version of Amazon only has the more toned down colors.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, em-sk said:

What I find interesting about those shorts is US Amazon has them available in Bright Aqua and Red Spark.   The Canadian version of Amazon only has the more toned down colors.   

Canada does get some things right. 😎 Now if you fine folks can just get rid of that blasted testing requirement.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

These companies should be paying me for this advertising... I've used several different remedies, but most recently Flyby pills and the Bytox hangover patch... 

They really should - THANK YOU!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dolls123 said:

LOL, thanks for the laughs and I'll let my son know yes to sneakers and forget the suit. 

I think whatever he feels comfortable in, unless mama wants some dress-up pics or he chooses a speedo... at that point, the shoes won't matter, lol!

58 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Canada does get some things right. 😎 Now if you fine folks can just get rid of that blasted testing requirement.....

Canada has all kinds of things that actually make sense.  Their $1 and $2 bills are actually coins.  And their bills, you cannot tear up because they're made of plastic.   But their postal service and cable/internet are simply awful. 

whenever im on a cruise ship, i live in tennies. there is no problem wearing them in any restaurant.

the only huffy establishment (imho) is le bistro, they insist on collared shirts for men. as a consequence, i avoid this one like the plague.

by the way, dolls123, arent we both on the sept 16th saiing from southampton?

6 hours ago, complawyer said:

whenever im on a cruise ship, i live in tennies. there is no problem wearing them in any restaurant.

the only huffy establishment (imho) is le bistro, they insist on collared shirts for men. as a consequence, i avoid this one like the plague.

by the way, dolls123, arent we both on the sept 16th saiing from southampton?

Sneakers all the way.....errr, actually flippie floppies all the way! Thankfully I have an easy answer if the restaurant is playing sexist that day and doesn't allow men to wear flippie floppies - that weird room phone can be used and next thing I'll know, voila white tablecloth and all the food I can possibly eat shows up to my stateroom! 

47 minutes ago, complawyer said:

cruisebear 55: tennies (tennis shoes) ! sorry if this confused you

That's how I go through life. Lost and confused!! Seriously, in all my days I have never heard that term. Up this way, they're just called sneakers. Must be a regional thing, like tonic, pop, or soda. Or subs, hoagies, or heroes.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

That's how I go through life. Lost and confused!! Seriously, in all my days I have never heard that term. Up this way, they're just called sneakers. Must be a regional thing, like tonic, pop, or soda. Or subs, hoagies, or heroes.

My relatives in Cincinnati always referred to them as "gym shoes." In the UK I think they call them "trainers."

14 hours ago, tetleytea said:

Non-hangover pills?   Is this Milk Thistle?   I take that, and I don't drink.  People are known to take a bomb of about 5 of those, and anecdotally avoid the hangover.   It works by helping your liver.

Hijack underway, we are holding you all hostage for ransom.  We want free Havens.

My alcoholic brother in law swears by Liquid-iv, which most Costco and Amazon carries.  He drinks one in the morning and one before bed.  I never drink enough to warrant a hangover anymore, but it does assist with keeping me hydrated.

1 hour ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Must be a regional thing, like tonic, pop, or soda. Or subs, hoagies, or heroes.

Do you eat dinner or supper?  I grew up in the midwest and we weren't allowed to have pop at supper.  Now, after my escape, I eat dinner and have soda whenever I feel like it.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Do you eat dinner or supper?  I grew up in the midwest and we weren't allowed to have pop at supper.  Now, after my escape, I eat dinner and have soda whenever I feel like it.

It's funny. If we're eating at home, it's supper. If we're going to a restaurant at suppertime, we're "going out for dinner". Also we eat subs, drink sodas, all while wearing sneakers.

When I first cruised (back in the late ‘80s) I used to pack a tux for formal nights.  That gave way to packing a suit instead of a tux.  That gave way to packing pants, sport coat and tie.  That gave way to open collar dress shirt and tie.  That gave way to no tie, short sleeve shirt and khakis.

Today, I can dine in LeBistro, Cagney’s, Ocean Blue…on the Away (+) ships on their al fresco porch in shorts and Hawaiian shirt with no issues.

As another data point, when packing more “formal” clothing, I had to have 2 large suitcases, which needed to be checked (at additional cost).  Now, I use a roll aboard and back pack since I no longer need to pack all the formal wear (and skip the extra luggage charges).

Like everything else, societal norms change.  Change with them or get left in the dust.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, em-sk said:

I have a few in gray, one in Black (formal)  LOL

• Like 1

Hello! I do not ever get dressed up for the specialty restaurants..usually jeans, sneakers, and a quarter zip fleece. If I’m feeling fancy, I’ll wear a black fleece! It’s the reason we sail With NCL…no dressing up!

• Like 3