Sneakers in Specialty Restaurants

dolls123

6 hours ago, tony s said:

I keep thinking the scene in The Sopranos where Tony tries to get the kid to take his hat off in the restaurant.

To this day seeing people wearing hats inside while sitting at a table eating dinner still bothers me.  I guess I have to blame my parents for that being so well engrained in my psyche.

• Like 3

On 8/16/2022 at 1:08 PM, Oxo said:

This is so funny! When we had Formal nights people complained. 

Now we have to discuss shorts/long pants.

What do they complain about on an all natural cruise? LOL

waxed or not

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, PATRLR said:

To this day seeing people wearing hats inside while sitting at a table eating dinner still bothers me.  I guess I have to blame my parents for that being so well engrained in my psyche.

One of my traveling companions is a cap wearer and I have to remind him ay every meal to take off the cap.  I never understood wearing a cap indoors in the first place...

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 12:59 PM, sid_9169 said:

This is definitely NOT TRUE... The only dining areas on NCL that require long pants are Le Bistro, Ocean Blue / Bayamo, and Cagney's... Honestly, I think that I've worn shorts to Cagney's before without any problems.

You say his post is not true then you go on to give the exact same info he did.  As he said, you absolutely do have to wear pants at all times (unless in your cabin, taking certaibn spa treatments, or if you are wearing a bathing suit.  In most places you can have either long or short pants but pants are indeed required.  NCL is not quite THAT freestyle. 🙂

7 minutes ago, Treacherous Cretins said:

do have to wear pants at all times

A little cultural difference here, and I think it's been explained earlier in the thread - in the US we refer to long pants as simply "pants" and short pants as simply "shorts".  So, to a US person saying that "pants are required" indicates to us to wear long pants as other cultures might call them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PATRLR said:

To this day seeing people wearing hats inside while sitting at a table eating dinner still bothers me. 

48 minutes ago, Treacherous Cretins said:

One of my traveling companions is a cap wearer and I have to remind him ay every meal to take off the cap.  I never understood wearing a cap indoors in the first place...

For many men, it's a way to hide a receding hairline or bald spot. I still have a full head of hair and so does my dad. I can't even remember the last time that I wore a hat outdoors or indoors.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hallux said:

A little cultural difference here, and I think it's been explained earlier in the thread - in the US we refer to long pants as simply "pants" and short pants as simply "shorts".  So, to a US person saying that "pants are required" indicates to us to wear long pants as other cultures might call them.

We do?  Pants are pants no matter the length.  It may mean what you say to you but it surely is not that was for all people in the US.

11 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

For many men, it's a way to hide a receding hairline or bald spot. I still have a full head of hair and so does my dad. I can't even remember the last time that I wore a hat outdoors or indoors.

BINGO

I'm 59 and still have a nice full head of hair. My 28yo son on the other hand does not and has been wearing hats the last 3-4 years. I find myself reminding him to remove his hat / cap when we dine indoors 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Treacherous Cretins said:

It doesn't affect me in the least, wear what you want.

we were on the jade from athens last april, and there was no change in what people were wearing. i lived in jeans and tennis shoes throughout the entire 9 day cruise.  bless ncl for its freestyle policy.

the dress code may be entirely different on european cruise ships, but im sticking with ncl. 

on my 1st cruise about 30years ago, when y ou still had assigned dinner times, tables and other people at the table, i didnt know any better, it was a 7 day cruise and i packed 4 suits with the accessories, as well as a tuxedo for dress up night... NEVER AGAIN!!!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Yesimapirate said:

Since we're discussing dinner attire, do people dress better for meals on European cruises?  I don't only done the tropics so far but have an upcoming Athens departure. 

I'll still wear sneakers but might switch for fancier ones 🙂

I don't.  A collared shirt and khakis with some Skechers if we're eating in Le Bistro.  Any other restaurant, a Hawaiian shirt and shorts (or jeans if it's a cold-weather cruise).

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 6:19 PM, Treacherous Cretins said:

You say his post is not true then you go on to give the exact same info he did.  As he said, you absolutely do have to wear pants at all times (unless in your cabin, taking certaibn spa treatments, or if you are wearing a bathing suit.  In most places you can have either long or short pants but pants are indeed required.  NCL is not quite THAT freestyle. 🙂

here we are debating on what clothes to wear, which really doesn't matter. On a cruise to Alaska my partner and i got off the ship and there was a Holland America cruise also docked, as we were going past some of those cruisers one woman says to the other, what ship is that? it was the Jewel and the woman response was, Ugh is a ship full of bums, Norwegian cruise line is full of bums...LOL....My partner and i looked at each other...Talk about snobs...LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2