Riveria Bathtub Updates

ORV

I hate showers, I like to relax and read a book in a nice warm bath, I like a PH1, seems I will either have to upgrade or downgrade!!

it’s exactly the same on the new regent ship Grandeur no baths in a Penthouse!! Very disappointing 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wuzzle10 said:

I hate showers, I like to relax and read a book in a nice warm bath, I like a PH1, seems I will either have to upgrade or downgrade!!

it’s exactly the same on the new regent ship Grandeur no baths in a Penthouse!! Very disappointing 

maybe downgrade to one of the PH 3  that will still have  the tubs

PH3: 9138, 9145, 10002, 10003, 10004, 10005, 10008, 10009, 10010, 10011

23 hours ago, Sinbadssailors said:

Also received this email and not at all happy about it. 

The bathtub is being removed from our suite and none remain available with tubs - moving down to a veranda is our only option - on a cruise we booked 6 months ago.

A bathtub is a luxury at sea, while showers are easy to find. And having the butler draw a shower doesn't have the same cachet lol. Won't see that phrase selling suites.

I think the "under utilized" is most irritating. How does anyone know how long I spent in the bathtub last cruise? 

Would've been our first Oceania, but we're cancelling. Lots of other lines out there.

This will be my first cruise on Oceania also. However, having done my research I knew that there would be an overhaul and that the tubs would be replaced with larger showers.  This then, is merely a pleasant surprise for some and heads up for those that want the upgrade. So....you really should have known this long ago.  And I actually do believe that tubs on a cruise ship are kind of silly, particularly since they are usually small sized with very high sides and space is at a premium. I don't believe that many people likely use the tubs.  They are useful if traveling with small children, but Oceania needn't be concerned about that.

• Like 3

That's a nice change in my book.  It definitely moves the ship up a bit in desirability for us.  I remember having high expectations for the larger Marina and Riviera cabins (vs R-class) the first time we sailed them, and then the disappointment on seeing the tiny showers...

• Like 5

The thing we disliked about the tubs were the partial glass doors. It was easy to soak the floor if you used the shower, Never cared for the thought of sitting in dirty water when taking a bath. The only way to clean that off is to shower rinse. As to the cachet of having a bath drawn for you...really?

• Like 2

On 8/21/2022 at 10:21 PM, Sinbadssailors said:

Also received this email and not at all happy about it. 

The bathtub is being removed from our suite and none remain available with tubs - moving down to a veranda is our only option - on a cruise we booked 6 months ago.

A bathtub is a luxury at sea, while showers are easy to find. And having the butler draw a shower doesn't have the same cachet lol. Won't see that phrase selling suites.

I think the "under utilized" is most irritating. How does anyone know how long I spent in the bathtub last cruise? 

Would've been our first Oceania, but we're cancelling. Lots of other lines out there.

Wow, never thought this would be a deal breaker.  Hope you have great luck finding a cruise with a room that fits your tastes and desires.  My room on Riviera for February is being turned to a shower only and I'm pleased about it.  To each, his or her own.

41 minutes ago, marieps said:

Wow, never thought this would be a deal breaker.  Hope you have great luck finding a cruise with a room that fits your tastes and desires.  My room on Riviera for February is being turned to a shower only and I'm pleased about it.  To each, his or her own.

We prefer a much larger shower ourselves.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 4:50 PM, LHT28 said:

maybe downgrade to one of the PH 3  that will still have  the tubs

PH3: 9138, 9145, 10002, 10003, 10004, 10005, 10008, 10009, 10010, 10011

Yup!

We both, but especially DH, prefer a PH that is not in the selected locations.  (Yes, there are reasons.)

However, at least we now have a choice if we want a PH and a nice tub.

Soaking in a tub is sooo relaxing.

OTOH, it's so much nicer on a ship when there is a nice Tub With A View.  Ahhhh! 😉

But that's not Oceania, alas (or not that I've noticed or perhaps not at a level we want).

GC

Bathtub space would make a big shower.  Hope they leave the small shower too.  For those with balance issues the small shower was perfect.  You cannot fall down. Overcame the drop soap problem by putting 2 bars of soap in the shower.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

😂 Okay, that really tickled me.  Thanks for a needed laugh.  

I know you didn't mean to be disrespectful and it does seem odd,but I have no balance for the last 30 years and having a small  shower helps to keep balanced against the walls while soaping up. When the ship hits rough seas every person walks like me LOL

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

I know you didn't mean to be disrespectful and it does seem odd,but I have no balance for the last 30 years and having a small  shower helps to keep balanced against the walls while soaping up. When the ship hits rough seas every person walks like me LOL

I certainly meant no disrespect whatsoever.  I found it funny because I hate that in these torpedo tube showers if I drop the soap, I have to open the door and exit to pick it up, and having two bars of soap seems like the perfect solution.

My sincere apologies.

1 hour ago, Kate-AHF said:

I certainly meant no disrespect whatsoever.  I found it funny because I hate that in these torpedo tube showers if I drop the soap, I have to open the door and exit to pick it up, and having two bars of soap seems like the perfect solution.

My sincere apologies.

Apologies not necessary, I never thought of 2 soaps either LOL

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Acrusa said:

I prefer the shower stall  but do try to get my shower in before we leave the dock  but not always possible

We all have some sort of issue with age 🤔

Years ago my partner at the time was in a VERY narrow shower while we were traveling, and he dropped the soap, I walked by the open door just in time to see his derriere hanging outside the shower when he picked it up. It was a very funny picture!

Azamara learned the hard way:  when they renovated their R-ship Club Continent suites (equivalent to Oceania PH) they removed the bathtubs in half.  And then found that the suites with bathtubs DON'T SELL.  On their latest ship, they have removed almost all the bathtubs.  So sorry for those few who like bathtubs, but the numbers are in...

27 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

I think it's also a safety issue. At our stage getting into and out of the bathtub in our home's could be hassadis and at sea even more so.

Just a side story on this. Years ago (when in my 30's) I was traveling on business to San Franciso. I was staying in a posh European style hotel in the financial district. The morning before my flight I took a shower. This was a claw footed tub with high sides. The bathroom was all white. Everything, floors, tile walls, curtain etc.   Well, I dropped the cap on my shampoo and I bent over on one foot to retrieve it. Needless to say, my foot slipped and down I went and hit my head (right between the eyebrows) on the edge of the tub.  I must have been unconscious because I woke up on the bottom of the tub.  Needless to say the bump hurt like hell, but I didn't think much of it, until I pushed the shower curtain aside.  When I did, there was blood sprayed all over the bathroom. Ceiling to floor.  It looked as though a pig had been slaughtered in there. I took a washcloth, held it to my head and crawled (literally) out of the bathroom into the bedroom.  My flight was coming up soon, so I struggled into some clothes and called down to the desk to see if they had a band aid.  I explained I had fallen in the tub. They insisted they get the manager, who insisted he come up directly.  He knocked on the door, I answered, and he insisted I show him (what I was certain) was a scratch on my forehead.  Remember, European style hotel...  He took one look and promptly passed out and struck his head on a radiator in the hall.   We both took a ride together in an ambulance. Apparently I had a huge hole in my head, with the bones splintered and flesh hanging, needing immediate surgery. He had a concussion.

I am very appreciative of the hazards of falling in a bathtub!  Number one household injury!

• Like 3

Too funny. All those years with bathtubs one must think the body count and medical evacuations were quite high on Oceania. But I don't remember reading about too many bathtub fatalities or serious injuries.

Though my wife loves a bath, so she's quite glad some bathtubs remain. She'll be taking a bath on Riviera on our 11/9-19/23 Med cruise (B4 Veranda). And if she's happy....