Exclusive Cocktail Party

geovet

If I recall correctly is exclusive to all latitude members. ie everybody who has sailed with NCL at least once before.

There will be bartenders walking around with trays of cocktails while they try to sell you on making your next cruise reservation while on board. 

It was a very popular event before free at sea because of the free booze but now not as much because most cruisers have free alcohol anyway.

If you're expecting something swanky, you may want to lower you expectations a few notches.  It's pretty much a misnomer: it's not much of a party at all, and the cocktails are what you can get anywhere (if you have the FAS package). 

If you are invited, you'll get a card/letter notification in your cabin on day one.

A large location is chosen given the significant number invited.  People plop down and spread out, like the old muster drill days, and there's not much mingling.

Cruise staff will thank you for your loyalty and, yes, do a sell on future cruising.

That said, attending one of them is probably more interesting than being home in your kitchen with your own drink of choice, but probably not as fun as hanging out at one of the ship's bars.

Have fun if you go.

• Haha 1

sorry to disagree, on our latitudes cocktail party last week (ncl bliss) not one word was said about buying future cruises. subject never came up.

besides, we're relatively loyal ncl cruisers (19 in past 12 years, sapphire status, not bragging, just stating a position) and we dont need to be pitched any cruises. if we want to sail,i go on the ncl website and explore

• Like 1

In April we enjoyed the "exclusive cocktail party" as well. No one tried to sell us on anything. There were three lonely looking officers who saw us looking lonely staring at everyone. They invited us over, so we got to learn a bit about the life on board from the Executive Housekeeper, Executive Chef, and the Hotel Manager...nary a sales pitch though. 

As for cocktails, all were pre-made and about three varieties. I would have felt bad asking a server for another one. Maybe it was an odd party as there were about 50 cocktails left over, so perhaps attendance wasn't good. We noticed around 20 people gathered. 

1 minute ago, geovet said:

I don’t have a drink package, so would I be able to order a Long Island ice tea?

thanks

Yes. You'll just have to pay for it on your onboard account. That's how I'll be ordering drinks on my upcoming cruise. I figured I'll need to order 28 drinks over 9 days to pay the gratuity for my husband and myself. I'm pretty sure I would never order that many (alcoholic) drinks in a year. 

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Yes. You'll just have to pay for it on your onboard account. That's how I'll be ordering drinks on my upcoming cruise. I figured I'll need to order 28 drinks over 9 days to pay the gratuity for my husband and myself. I'm pretty sure I would never order that many (alcoholic) drinks in a year. 

What? Why do you have to pay for a different drink than what is offered? So if you don't like what they serve and you ordered a vodka and tonic you'll be charged if you Donghae a beverage package? Never had this happen on any other cruise line.

• Like 1

Just now, susiesan said:

What? Why do you have to pay for a different drink than what is offered? So if you don't like what they serve and you ordered a vodka and tonic you'll be charged if you Donghae a beverage package? Never had this happen on any other cruise line.

Argh - sorry...I was assuming you were at a normal bar. I forgot the exclusive cocktail party part. 

I'll have to defer to someone more experienced than I to answer your question. 

My bad!

12 hours ago, poohdreaming said:

Tray of cheese (white/yellow) w/ crackers and spring rolls.

Drinks: Red Wine, Hawaii Punch

If you have a drinking package - you can order the drink you want. Just need to provide your card.

Do much better at a CC M&G

We were supposed to have on our cruise a couple weeks ago. The flyer said go here on the first day to get the day/time of the reception. When we did that they said they weren't having it due to Covid. But I guess all the other events going on were OK? Annoying.

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Do they have a Top Tier Party?

We had CC M&G Party on NCL JOY attended by Senior Officers in Nov 2021.

Covid 19 was around then.

What's a Top Tier Party? The captain was at the cocktail party I mentioned above. He just didn't wave us over, so we didn't say hi to him. 

20 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

What's a Top Tier Party? The captain was at the cocktail party I mentioned above. He just didn't wave us over, so we didn't say hi to him. 

This is different than the so called repeaters party.

Some cruise lines have a special cocktail party for the higher levels such as Platinum & above.

I know the Haven has a Cocktail Party once each cruise in the Haven.

18 hours ago, geovet said:

On my next cruise I see that their will be a Exclusive Cocktail Party.

what kind of drinks are served? Can you order what you want and for how many?

Do the serve food?

Do you get a invite?

Thanks

This week on the Breakaway, the party was listed as Silver and above. Waiters had trays of wine and tropical mixed drinks. A few people asked to order special drinks, which just slowed things down for everyone else since rather than getting drinks to everyone, they are standing by the bar waiting for a custom drink. 

The only food that they had was cheese cubes. 

One of the lounge singers was providing entertainment. 

Some of the senior officers, including the Captain, Staff Captain, Engineer, F&B Manager we’re in the receiving line and introduced themselves. 

While it was a not so subtle hint, the Cruise Next Manager said that this was not a pitch to sell certificates. It was a celebration of being cruising again. 

41C36B68-DE85-4FC8-B1DF-9A9297DCF889.thumb.jpeg.c85b86ba4d11536b49204d7530515e40.jpegF2B3718C-A3E9-4977-BBE8-684B66B8B170.thumb.jpeg.e907110707a7129f83d2387b1701d5b9.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Do they have a Top Tier Party?

We had CC M&G Party on NCL JOY attended by Senior Officers in Nov 2021.

Covid 19 was around then.

No. NCL has a no tier party. 

RCL has a party for their Diamond and above guests. Limited drinks. No food. Many times to acknowledge their Ambassador-level members. Usually pretty dry. 

4 hours ago, Beer Belly said:

Do much better at a CC M&G

Agree that at a CC M&G, their services were much better.

However, not every cruise have one.

Previous ones I attended before covid was nicely done.

One time after the M&G, strawberry covered chocolate along with other small tiny desserts were send to stateroom to all that attended along with a card listing all their name and direct telephone numbers.

These cocktail party - their main goal is to sell you these certificates.

Some cruisers attend if they do not have a drinking package and wanted a wine/punch.

Some just wanted a NCL pen.

6 hours ago, Oxo said:

This is different than the so called repeaters party.

Some cruise lines have a special cocktail party for the higher levels such as Platinum & above.

I know the Haven has a Cocktail Party once each cruise in the Haven.

Yes, there is a "Captains Cocktail Party" by invitation only.  It is held the evening of the first full sea day, usually at 6:30 or 7:00pm.  It is a smaller gathering than the Lattitudes Cocktail Party, and it is usually held in the Haven area on the smaller ships, or in a specified Lounge and marked as a private event.