Visitors Onboard Mid-cruise

Gourmet Gal

Indicated in the the SS general info area is a statement that mid-cruise visitors are allowed and can be arranged onboard but is capacity controlled.  Does anyone have recent experience with this?  I would think Covid testing would be required but other than that has a request been denied?  On an upcoming Moon sailing in Bordeaux we’re hoping to invite a friend aboard for dinner or at the least cocktails.

28 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Indicated in the the SS general info area is a statement that mid-cruise visitors are allowed and can be arranged onboard but is capacity controlled.  Does anyone have recent experience with this?

Program was suspended upon the return to cruising post-Covid.

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Program was suspended upon the return to cruising post-Covid.

I thought you told me that the program was suspended because of too many dress code violations on the part of the visitors. Covid just seems like a convenient excuse to me!

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

I thought you told me that the program was suspended because of too many dress code violations on the part of the visitors. Covid just seems like a convenient excuse to me!

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

😅😅😅

Oh, you're good.  Really, really good. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gourmet Gal said:

They need to update the website as the general information section contradicts.

It's well known that SS's website doesn't always reflect the most current information.  Not saying it is right, but rather what it is.

1 hour ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Did you find that info elsewhere on the site?

No. I just remembered it from an earlier announcement when SS returned to sailing.  Don't remember if it was Barbara Muckermann's appearance here on CruiseCritic, a press release, or their Health & Safety Protocols.

59 minutes ago, david63 said:

I am very surprised that it was allowed even pre Covid for security reasons alone.

A lot of luxury cruise lines allowed visitors with prior notice pre Covid. I know for certain Crystal did but it needed to be done 7 days in advance and lengthy forms needed to be filled in and submitted. Very thorough security checks were in place and it was a lovely perk to be able to host guests for dinner, drinks or even for the whole day.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jpalbny said:

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Some us can take a heavy hint; others don't seem to get them.

Lola

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Currently you can have visitors mid cruise as long as arranged at least 48 hours before. Must have negative antigen test. Forgot to ask about vaccination but I would assume the same as when boarding.

• Like 1

Interesting .....

We have a cruise booked for next year with Seabourn.

Next month Seabourn have ship visiting Newcastle-upon-Tyne, which is only 25 minutes away.

I asked about a ship visit and was told that due to current covid restrictions the answer was no ... but watch this space.

I would suggest the situation is fluid at the mo🙄

21 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

It's well known that SS's website doesn't always reflect the most current information.  Not saying it is right, but rather what it is.

No. I just remembered it from an earlier announcement when SS returned to sailing.  Don't remember if it was Barbara Muckermann's appearance here on CruiseCritic, a press release, or their Health & Safety Protocols.

It has been mentioned a number of times on these boards since the restart.

3 hours ago, drron29 said:

Currently you can have visitors mid cruise as long as arranged at least 48 hours before. Must have negative antigen test. Forgot to ask about vaccination but I would assume the same as when boarding.

Thanks for checking and for the update!  Seems to be back to pre-Covid policy except for having to test.  We’ll enquire when onboard.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drron29 said:

Woah... that's some big news.  Thx for the update Dr. Ron.

Oceania rejected my request to bring two adult visitors on ship in October of this year.  "Health and safety" were given as the reasons for the denial.  Actually does not make much sense in light of the new policies re COVID, but that's where things stand.

On 8/17/2022 at 4:54 PM, jpalbny said:

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Hehehe!  

On 8/18/2022 at 4:35 PM, drron29 said:

Good news. I wonder if that also means VS ship visits are back too.  Not that it matters.... Don't think there are any Tower Bridge visits this year (apart from Wind in June which I missed as I was away in Stockholm.