Bliss Questions

CozGurl

I finally feel like my cruise is getting close(ish) so I have some questions that I haven't really seen many/any answers for, or just looking for updated info. 

• I read that on embarkation day there is a bar that will hold your luggage until cabins are ready. Anyone know which bar that is on Bliss?
  • Where do I go on embarkation to reserve or change specialty dining reservations? 
  • What time does the music in the Manhattan room usually start?
  • Q Smokehouse - what time is the music there? Is there a bar or something that you can sit at to listen to music even if you aren't eating there?
  • How much for - Bingo? Wine & cheese/choc pairing? Deal or No Deal? Mojito tasting?
  • Observation Area - Is there a bar always open in there? I've read about them sometimes having "snacks." Is that like peanuts snack or a snack you can make a meal on? Is there live music at all in this area?
  • What time does music start in Brew House and Cavern Club?

Thank you!

cozgurl: just got off the bliss last sat.  when you get to the pier, there are porters that will take your luggage (a tip doesnt hurt either) they take it directly onto the ship and it will be delivered directly to your cabin within a few hrs.

if you go to the guest services desk, there are stations set up for the restaurant resrtvations. if your're in a suite or a haven, ask your concierge. finally, go to the ncl website, log on and you can make your reservations on line (i believe its 120 days prior to the actual sail date.

we had dinner a couple of times in the manhattan room and didnt hear any music, or see any musicians

observation deck has a bar that is open during the day, until the deck closes, there is a great choice of food available, meats, cheeses, fruits, breads, crackers, etc, not just measly  peanuts.

as for the mojito tasting, if you have the drink package(even the limited one that comes with the standard booking) go to sugarcane and the mojitos, like most drinks are free. you can enjoy any of the varied flavors, 

sorry, i didnt utilize theother services, or games, so i cant comment on those. by the way, if you get a chance to see the show   "Six" , go for it, it's amazing.

we walked out of jersey boys, it drags until bob gaudio is introduced, i though the acoustics were bad, and they tried to emulate the movie, not the original play. plus ive seen jersey boys, both the play and movie, a number of times

"BON YOYAGE"

• Like 4

Thanks Complawyer! We only do carry-on luggage so I like to keep it with me and not have it delivered to my room. I was super excited when I read there was a holding place. I hope someone will answer who knows where this is.

Good to know about the Observation Deck and Manhattan room - sorry they don't have music though 😞 Also good to know the reservations are at guest services now. Is that true for shows or just restaurants? 

We love live music but aren't so big on shows. I hadn't planned on Jersey Boys but folks love Six so we might have to try it. I wish Prohibition was still showing. We would have liked that I think. 

6 was amazing, the girls just jammed non stop for the entire  the show.

by the way, when i have carry-on, i just drag it with me up to the pool area, or buffet, andhld on to it until my room is ready. it's never been a problem.  also, happily, the observation deck (by the way it's beautiful and i over drank) is like a a mini buffet. certainly not the variety, but if you like to nosh, you'll be very happy.

Regarding the Manhattan Room - I think the Bliss and Joy were the first ships without live music and a dance floor in the room.  I would say it applies to all of the BA+ ships but Escape has at least the dance floor based on what I'm seeing on the page for that ship.

We are also going to be on the Bliss for the first time in November.  Thanks for starting this thread.  As far as music in the Manhattan room I think I read somewhere that it does not start until around 8 o'clock.  @CozGurlthe Beatles tribute band that plays at the Cavern is good.  You have to get there early as it fills up fast.  Not sure of the start time as it may vary from ship to ship.  

The only District Brew House we have been to was on the Joy.  We ended up spending quite a bit of time there.  They usually had some decent acoustic entertainment there.  In regards to the Observation Lounge,  I would not be surprised if there is some entertainment there in the evening as well.  The one on the Joy did.  It was not crowded.  Usually one of the entertainers that rotate around.  

BTW, @complawyer, have they started switching the Bliss from Pepsi to Coke products yet?

• Like 1

Last time I was on Bliss, maybe 3 years ago? There was music most nights in Q restaurant (a country band) which I believe you could just come in and enjoy (maybe with a beverage) and the brewhouse had a nightly piano musician (not exactly howl @ the moon but I enjoyed it).  The Cavern club also has nightly music (Beatles tribute plus others) but it can get really crowded so come early.

Regarding your luggage, you will probably have to lug it with you until rooms are ready…one of the dining rooms is generally open for lunch on embarkation so that might be easier than the buffet?

Hope that helps….enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

Music, the Q has a great band that plays around 7 most nights, they will have one night off, sometimes it might be earlier you will get a daily schedule of all the shows. Yes you can sit at the bar or tables to listen to music, its never busy at the Q.  Don't miss the Beatles they are fantastic but be there at least 45 minutes early. I think the Beatles was around 9 but schedules change and it will be in the daily schedule.  The Brewhouse usually has a guitarist that starts around 6 most nights. 

I have never seen a place to stash bags on the first day.  There is no music in the dining rooms on the Bliss.

Mojito or whiskey tasting is $40 and I think you get a discount, maybe 15% or 20% if you have the drink package, or a bigger discount  if you have the plus package.We always do it but I don't pay attention to the cost. It's fun and worth the cost, so you can hear the history and enjoy the bartenders knowledge.

The Observation lounge has a light buffet most of the day, and always has fruit, pastries, meat and cheese, tea and coffee. It was very paired down due to Covid when we were there in December, but previously they had a nice variety of things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seemoreroyals said:

In regards to the Observation Lounge,  I would not be surprised if there is some entertainment there in the evening as well.  The one on the Joy did.  It was not crowded.  Usually one of the entertainers that rotate around. 

It would be a waste having a piano in there (the OL on the Bliss has a piano) if they didn't have some kind of music entertainment in there at times...

Does the Bliss have a small dance floor and stage in the Observation lounge like the Encore does?  This is where we would go every night and listen to Alexa sing and play the piano.  There were a few brave souls who would also dance.

1 minute ago, hallux said:

Not really.  Here are a couple pics (but you can also look up ship tours on YouTube and see more comprehensive 'coverage' of the entire lounge)

IMG_20190503_201028.jpg

IMG_20190503_201024.jpg

IMG_20190430_114530.jpg

Thanks.  Was just looking up the same thing on Cruisedeckplans.com

I have not been on the Bliss but have been on the Escape and the Encore...here are my answers:

• I read that on embarkation day there is a bar that will hold your luggage until cabins are ready. Anyone know which bar that is on Bliss? Not sure about a bar but when you embark there will be somewhere off the Atrium that you can store your luggage...if no signs ask guest services
  • Where do I go on embarkation to reserve or change specialty dining reservations? At Guest services or at any Specialty restaurant that is open.
  • What time does the music in the Manhattan room usually start? Last 2 cruises around 8pm
  • Q Smokehouse - what time is the music there? Is there a bar or something that you can sit at to listen to music even if you aren't eating there? Last 2 cruises music was on from around 8pm until really late. You can sit at the bar or a table to just listen to the music. You do not have to buy food.
  • How much for - Bingo? Wine & cheese/choc pairing? Deal or No Deal? Mojito tasting? Sorry, never done any of these.
  • Observation Area - Is there a bar always open in there? I've read about them sometimes having "snacks." Is that like peanuts snack or a snack you can make a meal on? Is there live music at all in this area? Bar was always open when we went and there were snacks available during the day.
  • What time does music start in Brew House and Cavern Club? Brew House, not sure but it is posted in the Dailies. Cavern usually starts at 7.30pm but you need to get there before 7pm to get a seat.

Enjoy your cruise 🛳️

• Like 2

11 hours ago, complawyer said:

seemoreroyals: still pepsi, thank god!

Sorry complawyer, but I'm hoping the changeover on Bliss comes in the next two weeks to COKE products....I've suffered for years with the diet pepsi😉   

Maybe there is a compromise?  If the bars stock Diet Coke cans I can make do🤔

My experience on the Escape in the Manhattan Room is that there were multiple sets of music. So while one poster said 8, there's probably an earlier set. I know we often heard music and saw dancing, and we were always done with dinner by 8:00. 6:00-7:00 is our usual dining arrival time.

You might want to do a search here for recent Bliss dailies to answer a lot of your questions. It usually has times and costs for activities.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, weltek said:

My experience on the Escape in the Manhattan Room is that there were multiple sets of music. So while one poster said 8, there's probably an earlier set. I know we often heard music and saw dancing, and we were always done with dinner by 8:00. 6:00-7:00 is our usual dining arrival time.

Re-read the previous posts in the thread.  I've been on the Bliss 2x, there's no dance floor in that venue, and the only music provided (if any) would be Muzak-type background music...

We were on the Bliss in March -- I paid $65 for Deal or No Deal .... I can't remember how many cards that gave me; more than one - so, 2-3.  It was my first time playing it and it wasn't very fun for me because it's all automated so you don't even have to follow along - they'll tell you if you are in the running or not.  I imagine it'd be just as fun to not pay and sit there and play along with the one person who is up there as the actual contestant which is what I will likely do when we sail the Bliss again in October.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2022 at 12:47 AM, scooter6139 said:

Does the Bliss have a small dance floor and stage in the Observation lounge like the Encore does?  This is where we would go every night and listen to Alexa sing and play the piano.  There were a few brave souls who would also dance.

Was on the Bliss in Feb - there was a singer in the observation lounge one night that we stumbled in there. We just danced between the chairs as it was empty 😄

• Like 2

On 8/17/2022 at 3:35 PM, CozGurl said:

• I read that on embarkation day there is a bar that will hold your luggage until cabins are ready. Anyone know which bar that is on Bliss?
  • Where do I go on embarkation to reserve or change specialty dining reservations? 
  • What time does the music in the Manhattan room usually start?
  • Q Smokehouse - what time is the music there? Is there a bar or something that you can sit at to listen to music even if you aren't eating there?
  • How much for - Bingo? Wine & cheese/choc pairing? Deal or No Deal? Mojito tasting?
  • Observation Area - Is there a bar always open in there? I've read about them sometimes having "snacks." Is that like peanuts snack or a snack you can make a meal on? Is there live music at all in this area?
  • What time does music start in Brew House and Cavern Club?

Thank you!

No luggage storage on embarkation day. 

As soon as you embark, go to The Social, Deck 6 midship to complete booking your entertainment. (Main theater, comedy shows). Then across the hall to Teppanyaki to change your dining reservations to match your entertainment schedule. 

The Manhattan room does not have any live music. Because of the lifeboat configuration, the dining room is narrow and does not afford the space for a stage and dance floor like on some other ships. 

The Observation Lounge has breakfast, lunch, and tea time. While there is “food”, I would go one floor up directly over the Observation Lounge to the regular buffet. 

There is music at night in the Observation Lounge. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

.....As soon as you embark, go to The Social, Deck 6 midship to complete booking your entertainment. (Main theater, comedy shows). Then across the hall to Teppanyaki to change your dining reservations to match your entertainment schedule. 

The Manhattan room does not have any live music. Because of the lifeboat configuration, the dining room is narrow and does not afford the space for a stage and dance floor like on some other ships.......

This is the kind of helpful detail we always find from BirdTravels!  Great embarkation tips to set up your entertainment and dining (or dining changes).

Although you expect all the AwayPlus class ships to be the same, there are some differences like the narrower Manhattan.  If I recall, the narrower ship (due to lifeboat placement) also has a smaller Local so less seating.  Not a big deal but we noticed it.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 12:11 PM, Sand and Seas said:

Sorry complawyer, but I'm hoping the changeover on Bliss comes in the next two weeks to COKE products....I've suffered for years with the diet pepsi😉   

Maybe there is a compromise?  If the bars stock Diet Coke cans I can make do🤔

Diet Coke is caputski as in discontinued.

On 8/17/2022 at 4:56 PM, complawyer said:

cozgurl: just got off the bliss last sat.  when you get to the pier, there are porters that will take your luggage (a tip doesnt hurt either) they take it directly onto the ship and it will be delivered directly to your cabin within a few hrs.

if you go to the guest services desk, there are stations set up for the restaurant resrtvations. if your're in a suite or a haven, ask your concierge. finally, go to the ncl website, log on and you can make your reservations on line (i believe its 120 days prior to the actual sail date.

we had dinner a couple of times in the manhattan room and didnt hear any music, or see any musicians

observation deck has a bar that is open during the day, until the deck closes, there is a great choice of food available, meats, cheeses, fruits, breads, crackers, etc, not just measly  peanuts.

as for the mojito tasting, if you have the drink package(even the limited one that comes with the standard booking) go to sugarcane and the mojitos, like most drinks are free. you can enjoy any of the varied flavors, 

sorry, i didnt utilize theother services, or games, so i cant comment on those. by the way, if you get a chance to see the show   "Six" , go for it, it's amazing.

we walked out of jersey boys, it drags until bob gaudio is introduced, i though the acoustics were bad, and they tried to emulate the movie, not the original play. plus ive seen jersey boys, both the play and movie, a number of times

"BON YOYAGE"

What are the showtimes for Jersey Boys and Six and do they perform on different nights. Asking so I don't book conflicting dinner reservations.

2 hours ago, kugamuga said:

What are the showtimes for Jersey Boys and Six and do they perform on different nights. Asking so I don't book conflicting dinner reservations.

2 shows a night, 2 nights each.  The first show for each was 7:30, the second was 10:30, on my cruise in 2019.