Favorite perfume for hot climates?

abearz

Just thought I'd ask for recommendations.  I say inexpensive because I asked another message board about perfume once, and I recieved some very expensive answers.  I appreciate the finer things in life, but I'm looking to buy a roller ball/travel size from Sephora or Ulta, maybe even just a body spray from Bath And Body Works.   I won't be going to Saks or Neiman Marcus.

Jean Nate splash.  You can pour some in a little bottle for travel.  Nice, light, clean and you can get it at a big drugstore.  I'm in NoCA, so I wear it all year long, switching off with other fragrances. 

• Like 2

Dolce & Gabbana "Light Blue" -- it has a light and fresh marine scent for those who are not as fond of citrus scents (on me, they always smell like a cleaning product).  

The smell always makes me think of being on the water, e.g., taking a cruise or going to the beach.

Ulta sells the eau de toilette (light fragrance) rollerball which I've used for travel many times:

Light Blue Eau de Toilette Travel Spray - Dolce&Gabbana | Ulta Beauty

I also recommend Jo Malone (more pricey) for those who like light but more unusual/complex combinations. For those who like a fresh citrus, her "Lime, Basil and Mandarine" is nice for summer. "English Pear and Freesia" is a light floral.  And currently I like "Wood Sage and Sea Salt" for summer -- it's not as marine as the D&G perfume, but it reminds me of beachy summers nonetheless. It hangs around a bit longer than the others I've listed but it's not heavy.

Most Loved Colognes | Jo Malone London

Around the holidays and at certain times of the year JM offers sampler boxes of various scents -- I find these good for travel too and a safe way of trying something new without a big $$ commitment. That's how I originally discovered the Wood Sage & Sea Salt...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Dolce & Gabbana "Light Blue" -- it has a light and fresh marine scent for those who are not as fond of citrus scents (on me, they always smell like a cleaning product).  

The smell always makes me think of being on the water, e.g., taking a cruise or going to the beach.

Ulta sells the eau de toilette (light fragrance) rollerball which I've used for travel many times:

Light Blue Eau de Toilette Travel Spray - Dolce&Gabbana | Ulta Beauty

I also recommend Jo Malone (more pricey) for those who like light but more unusual/complex combinations. For those who like a fresh citrus, her "Lime, Basil and Mandarine" is nice for summer. "English Pear and Freesia" is a light floral.  And currently I like "Wood Sage and Sea Salt" for summer -- it's not as marine as the D&G perfume, but it reminds me of beachy summers nonetheless. It hangs around a bit longer than the others I've listed but it's not heavy.

Most Loved Colognes | Jo Malone London

Around the holidays and at certain times of the year JM offers sampler boxes of various scents -- I find these good for travel too and a safe way of trying something new without a big $$ commitment. That's how I originally discovered the Wood Sage & Sea Salt...

"On me they smell like a cleaning product" made me laugh out loud.  We used to have a UPS driver at the office who absolutely bathed in something or other, you could smell him coming before he even got to our door.  It smelled just mosquito repellent!  I wonder now if he had any idea. 

• 2 weeks later...

I second Dolce & Gabbana "Light Blue".

Fragrance Description: This colorful, fresh, floral fruity Eau de Toilette reflects the sensuality of the Mediterranean lifestyle. Sicilian cedar combines with the freshness of the green apple and the floral allure and spontaneity of the bluebell, the top note captures the essence of a sunny South Italian summer.

How can you go wrong?  😉

• Like 1

I like getting the $20-$25 roller ball versions of perfume. I keep them in the carboard boxes to make them "travel safe" for the next trip and just use them that way.

MAC Turquatic is my hot weather go-to fragrance- very fresh/clean (MAC site says that it's "sea inspired") and perfect for a cruise.

I also like Marc Jacob's Daisy Eu So Fresh.

3 hours ago, orchestrapal said:

Perfume is like cigarette smoke, very offense to people in an enclosed environment.

the offices I worked in had neither of those. 
Please think of your neighbors.

An excellent point.  Too much perfume on a ship or a tour bus is really awful, even if it's a 'light fragrance'.  I am really careful about the amount I use every morning.  I want to smell 'nice', not make people recoil. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 6:21 PM, orchestrapal said:

Perfume is like cigarette smoke, very offense to people in an enclosed environment.

the offices I worked in had neither of those. 
Please think of your neighbors.

I'm glad someone spoke up instead of me for once.

I'm one who gets very triggered by fragrances - bad headaches.  I've had to get up and leave places when someone has a fragrance on.   I even had to tell the florist who did the arrangements we had on our Front Desk at one of my hotels to please not put certain flowers in the arrangements - i had to leave work once because of the lillies in the arrangements next to me.

Leave the fragrances at home please.  

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2022 at 3:33 PM, jsn55 said:

An excellent point.  Too much perfume on a ship or a tour bus is really awful, even if it's a 'light fragrance'.  I am really careful about the amount I use every morning.  I want to smell 'nice', not make people recoil. 

I was really surprised to smell perfume on board - its been years  since I've noticed ladies leaving a lingering scent behind them - I thought those types of perfumes had died a welcome death? 

I'm not allergic - but I don't really want to smell other people ! 

• Like 3