Can you take food back to your cabin?

thermal

51 minutes ago, Purple Gallinule said:

You will see people all over the ship carrying food. It may be from the burger bar, the buffet, the International Café, or any other venue. Just treat them the way you would like to be treated. Too many folks in the elevator? Wait for the next one.

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

this right here. 

1 hour ago, Purple Gallinule said:

If you have any food at the end of your meal, they do NOT provide doggy bags, but WILL send the food to your stateroom.

we once ate at a fancy restaurant (locally, not on a cruise)... They insisted on packing up the doggy bag leftovers. When I got home I discovered that there were somebody else's leftovers in the boxes... So sad.

I now insist on packing them myself, no matter how nice or fancy the restaurant is. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Purple Gallinule said:

Getting back to the original question, one thing to consider is the specialty restaurant policy. I am particularly speaking of Crown Grill. If you have any food at the end of your meal, they do NOT provide doggy bags, but WILL send the food to your stateroom. My wife will often only eat half of her steak and we send the rest to our room and put it in the refrigerator.

The Crown Grill (one the Grand) has "to go" boxes.  Be sure to cut up your meat before taking it back to your cabin.  So much easier to eat.

On 8/18/2022 at 2:58 PM, Ptroxx said:

What’s the difference there’s tons of people around when you get your food in the buffet.   Walking to your room you only really encounter people in an elevator.    There’s germs flowing around the entire ship.  
I bet people who cover their food also wear a mask in their cars alone. Lolol.     😷😷😷🥗

Yes, I sometimes wear my mask when in my car alone, if going a short distance.  Too much trouble to take it off if you are wearing glasses AND hearing aids. You should try it sometime.  I also drive barefooted (an island habit).  So why would this bother you?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I also drive barefooted (an island habit).

I often drive barefoot but, when I first got my license, it was illegal to do so in California. (Of course that didn't stop me from doing so anyway... I was 16 years old and thought it was a stupid law.)

As for the original question: My wife regularly "wishes out loud" that she had some cookies from the buffet. That's my cue to head out for a plate of cookies. I do tend to put a second plate on top.

Edited by Thrak

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I often drive barefoot but, when I first got my license, it was illegal to do so in California. (Of course that didn't stop me from doing so anyway... I was 16 years old and thought it was a stupid law.)

As for the original question: My wife regularly "wishes out loud" that she had some cookies from the buffet. That's my cue to head out for a plate of cookies. I do tend to put a second plate on top.

Yes, I did hear a "rumor" that it was/is illegal in California.  It should be made law to drive barefooted.  You have a much better feel of the gas pedal.  

You will have to fight me for the peanut butter cookies from the IC.  Your wife can have all the others.

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, I did hear a "rumor" that it was/is illegal in California.  It should be made law to drive barefooted.  You have a much better feel of the gas pedal.  

You will have to fight me for the peanut butter cookies from the IC.  Your wife can have all the others.

It's no longer illegal to drive barefoot in California. It hasn't been so for many years now. As for the PB cookies... I love them but my wife doesn't care for them at all so you are pretty safe as I only eat a few. 🙂

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

So someone comments offend you?   Sounds like a trip to Dr Phil is in order. Lololol JK.   

They're the ones with the problem, not me. I never say a word about what other care to eat or where they carry it. 

On 8/17/2022 at 10:34 PM, thermal said:

I'm doing a solo cruise on the Grand Princess in September.   On sea days, I just want to relax on the balcony with a good book and some snacks.  I'm wondering if we're allowed to bring food back to the cabin?   Especially from the pizza restaurant or from the buffet?

Thank you kindly. 

It seems that your questions was ignored by some of the people that posted.  Please ignore those that wish to belittle others.

taking food back to your cabin is allowed and suggestions for covering your food is just that, a suggestion.  

I take food back to my cabin, I cover my food, and I wear a mask - if you don't or if others don't , then don't.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

It seems that your questions was ignored by some of the people that posted.  Please ignore those that wish to belittle others.

taking food back to your cabin is allowed and suggestions for covering your food is just that, a suggestion.  

I take food back to my cabin, I cover my food, and I wear a mask - if you don't or if others don't , then don't.  

I think the very first reply to the OP answered the question.  Just sayin lol.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Purple Gallinule said:

Getting back to the original question, one thing to consider is the specialty restaurant policy. I am particularly speaking of Crown Grill. If you have any food at the end of your meal, they do NOT provide doggy bags, but WILL send the food to your stateroom. My wife will often only eat half of her steak and we send the rest to our room and put it in the refrigerator.

You eat cold steak? 🤢

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Purple Gallinule said:

Unbelievable that I am even replying to this, but yes! Thin sliced on a fresh roll with a tall cold beverage. Roll and beverage also carried back to the room. May even sneak a cookie onto the plate! 😎

I love cold steak on a roll.  
It’s Just more judgmental people trying to shame others.  

I bring back a bunch of bacon and rolls for bacon sammys Ion the deck in the morning.  
just wish people would mind their own business.  I’m sure there not perfect either. Lol.   

0FAA4C58-25F3-44D1-BF39-2A2506044485.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

At home I thin slice it to make a great sandwich. On the ship I have no use for leftovers.

Yeah you’d rather let a good piece of meat go to waste.  Lol

Edited by Ptroxx

29 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Yeah you’d rather let a good piece of meat go to waste.  Lol

Nope.That's why we only book Crown Grill if it's comped and why I don't order the Rib Eye which is what I want. If I have beef I end up ordering the Filet as it's smaller. (I have them butterfly it as, if I order it medium rare, it comes out perfect on the outside edge but mostly raw inside.) I have to be careful with my selections in that venue as I simply can't eat the entire meal if I order what I want and I hate the waste involved. Lately I've switched to ordering the prawns and foregoing the Black and Blue soup so I can eat the meal without having a ton of food go to waste.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Purple Gallinule said:

Unbelievable that I am even replying to this, but yes! Thin sliced on a fresh roll with a tall cold beverage. Roll and beverage also carried back to the room. May even sneak a cookie onto the plate! 😎

How do you slice steak thinly on board ?

What knife do you use, what surface do you slice the meat on, what about the blood from the steak, etc ?  

51 minutes ago, wowzz said:

How do you slice steak thinly on board ? Knife

What knife do you use, kitchen 

what surface do you slice the meat on,The plate

what about the blood from the steak, etc ? The toilet

My guess.