Seeking suggestions for a British Isles & Ireland Cruise

Is there any cruise on RCCL or any of their competitors that covers England, Scotland and other locations? Other possible itinerary locations might be: Wales....or Northern Ireland( 6 counties)....or the Republic of Ireland (26 counties).

I'm thinking that in the Republic of Ireland cruise ships do stop for excursions. Possibly Waterford or Cork?

I like Royal Caribbean but I am very open to other cruise lines so feel free to point me in any direction.

I'm just thankful for any and all responses.

Steve

1 minute ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Is there any cruise on RCCL or any of their competitors that covers England, Scotland and other locations? Other possible itinerary locations might be: Wales....or Northern Ireland( 6 counties)....or the Republic of Ireland (26 counties).

I'm thinking that in the Republic of Ireland cruise ships do stop for excursions. Possibly Waterford or Cork?

I like Royal Caribbean but I am very open to other cruise lines so feel free to point me in any direction.

Steve

My ideal cruise would be 9 days....but I'd consider cruises that are as little as 6 days yet no more than 11.

I should look at either Princess Cruises or P&O (out of Southampton) if you want a larger ship or Fred Olsen out of various ports around the UK for smaller ships. All do a variety of cruises taking in a number of UK and Ireland ports through the summer months.

And, as already posted, there are also RCL cruises out of Amsterdam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did one similar back in 2013, see my signature below. It was a one-off out of Copenhagen, so don't know if they do it any more, I'll see if I can find anything. One of the better cruises I've done. Can't remember the exact stops, but I know we did Cobh, Inverness, Dover and at least two more. I know we did tours of Loch Ness and the Guiness Museum, so whatever ports might be close to there.

Update: RC has a spot for British Isle cruises on the website, but there is nothing there. I can't post the link, but it's <rc website>/british-isles-cruises

Edited by TBone2K
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Steve

These are on  Princess cruises from Southampton.

IMG_20220819_224916.jpg

IMG_20220819_224712.jpg

IMG_20220819_224554.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Steve

Had a friend who took this same itinerary out of Southampton (England) on Celebrity in June.  Pictures were amazing. 

Edited by denamo
  • Like 1

We are on a British Isles cruise on the Jewel OTS, 12 nights, on 8/16/2023, out of Amsterdam.  A little pricey now but here's the itinerary below, seems to meet your ports of interest.

1. AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS 
  2. INVERNESS/LOCH NESS SCOTLAND 
  3. GLASGOW (GREENOCK), SCOTLAND 
  4. BELFAST, NORTHERN IRELAND 
  5. LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND 
  6. HOLYHEAD, WALES 
  7. WATERFORD(DUNMORE E.)IRELAND 
  8. CORK (COBH), IRELAND 
  9. DOVER, ENGLAND
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bmblob said:

We are on a British Isles cruise on the Jewel OTS, 12 nights, on 8/16/2023, out of Amsterdam.  A little pricey now but here's the itinerary below, seems to meet your ports of interest.

5. LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND 
  6. HOLYHEAD, WALES 
  8. CORK (COBH), IRELAND 
  9. DOVER, ENGLAND

This is a great itinerary...waiting for the minute the 2024 comes out.

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2022 at 5:52 PM, grapau27 said:

IMG_20220819_224916.jpg

IMG_20220819_224712.jpg

IMG_20220819_224554.jpg

Thank you so much! I just back home (NJ) from bringing my daughter to Liberty University (VA). Sorry I did not come on and thank you sooner.

While I was in the hotel I did a Google Search that led to an online chat with an NCL cruise planner.

That have a 10 day cruise that starts in England and ends in Copenhagen Denmark. England, Ireland Northern Ireland and Scotland.

I'll talk more specifically about this tomorrow. I just finished driving a ton and I need some rest 🙂

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 8:01 PM, bmblob said:

5. LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND 
  6. HOLYHEAD, WALES 
  8. CORK (COBH), IRELAND 
  9. DOVER, ENGLAND

Looking forward to this cruise. It’s not as good as the one that was canceled in 2020, but it’s close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Looking forward to this cruise. It’s not as good as the one that was canceled in 2020, but it’s close.

Thank you! I am glad to have you share w/ me that RCCL has something to offer.

On 8/19/2022 at 5:52 PM, grapau27 said:

IMG_20220819_224916.jpg

IMG_20220819_224712.jpg

IMG_20220819_224554.jpg

Hi again,

I have more time for a detailed post. This is what the NCL Cruise planner offered me:

Norwegian Dawn

July 27, 2023 to Aug. 6, 2023

Thurs. Embark Southampton England

Fri.       Portland England

Sat.     Cork (Cobh) Ireland

Sun.     Belfast Northern Ireland

Mon.    Dublin (Dun Laoghaire) Ireland

Tues.    Stornoway United K.

Wed.     Kirkwall, Orkney Isles, Scotland

Thurs.   Inverness (Invergordon) Scotland

Fri.        Newcastle ( Tyne) England

Sat.       At Sea

Sun.     Disembark at Copenhagen Denmark

• Like 1

If you cruise in August, I suggest an itinerary that includes an overnight in Edinburgh, Scotland. The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo takes place every August at the Edinburgh Castle. It is one of the most spectacular shows that you will see in your travels, anywhere. Some ships offer a tour with tickets, or you can make arrangements on your own. It would be a shame to cruise the British Isles in August and miss out on this wonderful event. 

• Thanks 1

Royal used to do one and I hope it comes back.  We want to cruise out of Southampton or Dover round trip so we can spend time in London.  Amsterdam, no real desire to return, at least not until we’ve spent more time in England.  

Viking does one but it starts in Copenhagen I think.  

We may have to do Princess for this itinerary but would prefer Royal or Celebrity.  I’m not sure why they have stopped doing it?

Just to add to my previous comment, our British Isles cruise was the only cruise I have done where at so many ports the local band has come out to play for the ship leaving. The cruise director (Topi Ylonnen (sp?) ) also arranged for local musicians to come on board for afternoon entertainment while the ship was in port.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1