Stop Considering Trans-Atlantic on Sky Princess?

Pat King

Is it the consensus of the forum that the Trans Atlantics do not have internet sufficient to do normal day to day business?

I posted earlier about our experience with the internet on the Sky Princess Trans Atlantic in March.

We can not get a response from Princess customer relations, nor can our travel agent.

We understand that it is not an important consideration for some cruisers.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pat King said:

Is it the consensus of the forum that the Trans Atlantics do not have internet sufficient to do normal day to day business?

I posted earlier about our experience with the internet on the Sky Princess Trans Atlantic in March.

We can not get a response from Princess customer relations, nor can our travel agent.

what are you considering "normal day to day business"?  

1 hour ago, Pat King said:

It’s not just the Sky.  I did the TA on the Regal last November and absolute no internet until the night before we got to Ft Lauderdale.  I am booked on the upcoming Sky TA in Oct but thinking about canceling 

• Thanks 1

We were with you on the Sky’s spring crossing and are aboard now heading to Norway.While the internet is not s good as we have had on 12 crossings,it is not as bad as no internet.Princess needs to address this issue!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pat King said:

The fact that Princess doesn't reply is no surprise these days.

If you absolutely need wifi to work while vacationing, avoid Princess. They are completely unreliable at this point.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pat King said:

Slow is a real understatement.

I don't understand why Princess does not acknowledge the problem. We encountered guests lined up every day seeking an explanation and asking when it would be available.

Same thing happened earlier this year on the Island Princess crossing to South Hampton via Iceland.

Internet was useless and Princess finally did a refund of all fees.  

But it was frustrating because it was never really clearly stated why the internet was so intermittent and rarely functional.

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I'm seriously thinking of not buying internet but I'm wondering if there's free wifi in port terminals. Or do I need to search out a Sbux? I've got free worldwide wifi in those

Most Ports have free WiFi somewhere even if it’s a bar or cafe. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Keep in mind these free sites are unprotected and if your work involves anything confidential or needing to be protected these sites are not for you. I would not expect to do much business on the cruises I was on as to many dead zones et. Just enjoy the trip and relax on your vacation.

Been on two TAs this year - Regal and Enchanted. No wifi for days - over 50%of the cruose NONE.. Sometimes emails would get through, but you  couldn't answer them or open attachment. Used to have better TA wifi  BEFORE they moved to this "best wifi at sea" stuff.

• Like 3

This is a shame. The last time I sailed Princess was in April of 2019. The internet was sufficient that I was able to do payroll while at sea coming back from Puerto Vallarta. 

I did payroll on my cruise on Virgin while at sea and on my upcoming cruise in October I will once again have to do payroll. Granted it isn't a TA but still it sounds like it stinks no matter where you are. What is a major shame is that Princess doesn't seem to be able to rectify this or just doesn't care. On Virgin the basic internet is free and that worked just fine. If I'm going to pay for internet I expect it to be above sub-par. 

• Like 1