QM2 inside cabins

jimbo1683

Im looking at a very short Hamburg 2 or 4 night cruise on QM2. As it's so short I'll go for a lower cost cabin. Two have caught my eye - Atrium View: i think there are just 12 of these cabins on deck 5 and 6. I can't see any videos of them. Wondering if there is any noise floating up from the Atrium?

Second are 5242 and 4210, inside cabins which appear to be situated by themselves but potentially surrounded by a crew area. Any insight on the good or bad of these cabins?

We have just booked an inside cabin on QM2 for a transatlantic crossing to New York on the assumption that we are at sea for the whole trip so will not miss any views, We intend to be outside on deck when the ship arrives in New York for that view,
I hope we have done right, we have cruised numerous times but never had an inside cabin before, Any thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Glebey said:

We have just booked an inside cabin on QM2 for a transatlantic crossing to New York on the assumption that we are at sea for the whole trip so will not miss any views, We intend to be outside on deck when the ship arrives in New York for that view,
I hope we have done right, we have cruised numerous times but never had an inside cabin before, Any thoughts?

I can't imagine going on the QM2 and not being able to see the sea in its ever changing variety from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed. I agree you may not need a balcony, but at least an ocean view. And occasionally there are birds, and dolphins, and whales, and other ships. I am claustrophobic, but, even if I weren't, I should want to see the sea.

We have done many roundtrip TAs and have always booked an inside cabin and never had any problems whatsoever. Once outside of your cabin you have exactly the same facilities as everyone else. We are in the situation because balcony cabins on QM2 are so expensive if we didnt go in an inside cabin we wouldnt go at all. We are booked again to go next May love QM2.

• Like 1

Get down to the Deck 2L corridor FWD and  plonk yourself down with a book and sit and get your fix of the passing seas through the picture windows there. Also handy for the Future Cruise office to tempt you into another one.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Of course if an inside cabin is what you need to do to afford the voyage then you should book an inside cabin.  The expense of the other types of cabins is fine for those where money is not a consideration.  I had a guaranteed inside cabin-horrors- and it was absolutely fine.  The only time I would consider anything else would be a balcony in the summer. That would be very nice but through a window, the sea looks the same anywhere on the ship.   

On 8/21/2022 at 11:29 PM, jimbo1683 said:

Im looking at a very short Hamburg 2 or 4 night cruise on QM2. As it's so short I'll go for a lower cost cabin. Two have caught my eye - Atrium View: i think there are just 12 of these cabins on deck 5 and 6. I can't see any videos of them. Wondering if there is any noise floating up from the Atrium?

Second are 5242 and 4210, inside cabins which appear to be situated by themselves but potentially surrounded by a crew area. Any insight on the good or bad of these cabins?

For an “out of the way - off radar” seating with a seaview, knowledgeable Cunarders will head for The Atlantic Room - Deck 11 & The Board Room - Deck 9 (just off The Commodore Club).

Trust this assists….

5 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

For an “out of the way - off radar” seating with a seaview, knowledgeable Cunarders will head for The Atlantic Room - Deck 11 & The Board Room - Deck 9 (just off The Commodore Club).

Trust this assists….

Best inside cabins are the four on Deck 13. Quiet, easy stroll to the outside sports deck and the elevators and the lookout above the bridge. No feel of motion either. As to views, if you feel the need when in the cabin turn of the telly and watch the bow camera. Best view on board as the seas wash over the bow in rough waters.

We have booked inside cabins on QM2 many times whilst doing roundtrip TAs. We like the midship ones on deck 5 very convenient and low down in case of bad weather and rough seas. We have looked at inside cabins in other areas of the ship but deck 13 is too high up and far forward for us. We did have a similar cabin on deck 11 and the movement was very noticeable.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 10:52 AM, Glebey said:

You'll be fine.  If you spend an active day on the ship you won't be in your cabin much if at all during daylight, anyway, and other than the state of the sea (which is interesting, tbf) and the very occasionally bit of marine wildlife, there is nothing to look at.

One tip is to leave the TV on at night, set to the bridge camera with the volume muted, so when it gets light in the morning some light starts to appear in the room.

For New York many people get up at 4am or thereabouts, to catch the passage under the bridge.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 4:43 AM, Lakesregion said:

Best inside cabins are the four on Deck 13. Quiet, easy stroll to the outside sports deck and the elevators and the lookout above the bridge. No feel of motion either. As to views, if you feel the need when in the cabin turn of the telly and watch the bow camera. Best view on board as the seas wash over the bow in rough waters.

Really not sure about "no motion". They are high (obviously) and fairly far forward so one of the worst places to be anywhere on board... but on a monster of a ship. I wouldn't have liked to be up there on one of the days on a crossing last October when Illuminations 10 decks down was quite uncomfortable and chairs were sliding around in the Queens Room

On 2/17/2023 at 5:58 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

On the QM2 you also have to remember Inside Cabins are those that overlook the Atrium of the Grand Lobby.

About 3 Decks looking out.

Most inside cabins are not Atrium view - loads especially on Decks 4, 5, 6. Only 12 cabins (6 on each on decks 5 and 6) are Atrium view (category HB)

1 hour ago, buchanan101 said:

Most inside cabins are not Atrium view - loads especially on Decks 4, 5, 6. Only 12 cabins (6 on each on decks 5 and 6) are Atrium view (category HB)

Hubby and I have one of these cabins booked on Deck 5 for our September transatlantic. Curious to check it out.