Testing

My guess would be for Europe, nothing will change for the rest of the season.

There are too many different jurisdictions involved and with only about 10 weeks of the season left it would probably be too much hassle to change things now.

Just a guess though. Fingers crossed I’m wrong.

2 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

Does the test need to be done with someone watching you on the video cam or can I do it myself and submit the result to them. There seems to be two options to buy online 

To be accepted  by Royal Caribbean the test must be proctored/monitored by a qualified medical technician.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

To be accepted  by Royal Caribbean the test must be proctored/monitored by a qualified medical technician.  

I was going to use docHQ so I’ll need to pick the option for them to watch it via webcam 

Check out their updated testing protocols, they don't need to be supervised any longer if I am reading it correctly.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center?icid=hlthys_wrnssn_hlt_nbrdxp_pghdr_3467

We will begin accepting results from self-administered home tests. See full testing details

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-tests-are-accepted-where-to-submit-the-results

21 minutes ago, mickeychicky said:

Check out their updated testing protocols, they don't need to be supervised any longer if I am reading it correctly.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center?icid=hlthys_wrnssn_hlt_nbrdxp_pghdr_3467

We will begin accepting results from self-administered home tests. See full testing details

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-tests-are-accepted-where-to-submit-the-results

Yes your right but it sounds like that’s only if there are no stops in Greece 

Accepted Tests for Europe Cruises Departing on or After September 5, 2022; with no stops in Greece 

• The test you take can be professionally administered by a health professional, such as a doctor or pharmacist, or you can use a home test kit. Home test kits for these sailings are not required to be administered under live video supervision. 

24 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

Goodness this is all so confusing 

does anyone know what I need to do for a Rome cruise of 9 nights that goes to Greece 

For sailings that visit Greece:

• All guests age 12 and older, regardless of vaccination status,will be required to present a negative antigen test within 48 hours or a negative PCR test within 72 hours before your sailing. 
  • Guests age 11 years of age do not need to complete a pre-cruise test.
  • This test can be satisfied using any proctored telehealth test kit or lab-supervised test. Self test kits are not accepted for sailings that visit Greece.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Williamsburgcruiser said:

Unless you're going to Bermuda.   Must have a proctored (monitored) test.

Anyone have any links to share about turning the free US government provided tests into a monitored test?  Please share....

Edited by coaster

2 hours ago, Williamsburgcruiser said:

Thank you!  When I get the government tests - I'll give Onpoint a try for a "test" (haha) run to make sure it all works the way emed did.  

$15 is better than buying emed tests for a group.

Please post your experience.  They are getting a somewhat bad rap because of 2 YouTubers review calling them out as being a scam because they didn't get a refund for missing their rescheduled appointment.  I've seen a lot of good reviews but for some reason people will take one persons experience(or two people in this case) as gospel.

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

No longer true for U.S. departures that don't include Bermuda or Canada as of Sep 5, even when testing is required. Self-certifying will be fine. But this thread is about a European departure, so this is not on topic.

YOUR HEALTHY SAILING UPDATE

Updated Protocols: Italy Departures visiting Greece

Below find our updated protocols for sailings departing from Italy and visiting Greece. Should there be any changes, we are committed to keeping you informed

All Guests, All Aboard
Beginning September 5th, 2022 we are welcoming all guests, regardless of vaccination status, on all European itineraries.

Vaccination Recommended
When eligible, we recommend that guests joining us be fully vaccinated against COVID‐19 and up-to-date. While vaccination is not required, we kindly ask you disclose your status during check-in to ensure we maintain a highly vaccinated onboard population.

Up-to-date: For the purpose of our sailing, to be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and have received their booster if the second vaccine was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago.

Testing
Pre-cruise
All guests ages 12 and up, regardless of vaccination status, must present a negative COVID-19 test result from either:

• An antigen test taken no more than 48 hours prior to sailing
  • A PCR test taken no more than 72 hours prior to sailing.

Accepted Tests
For sailings departing from Italy and visiting Greece, unsupervised self-tests are not accepted.
Guests can take advantage of telehealth antigen tests to satisfy their pre-cruise requirement. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results. To learn more about our accepted tests, visit our FAQ.

Onboard
Sailings visiting Greece will require any guests ages 12 and older, who are unvaccinated or not up-to-date, to test at their own expense prior to debarking in port. Visit our dedicated Getting Ready to Cruise page to learn more.

Check out our Healthy Sail Center for our full sailing protocols

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I apologize in advance if this has been asked/answered elsewhere, but with all of the constant changes, it's hard to keep track of it all. 

I will be on the same cruise as the OP. My question is around the timing of testing. The latest email from RC this morning states that an antigen test should be taken "no more than 48 hours prior to sailing". However the Healthy Sail Center page states the test needs to be "within 48 hours ... before boarding day".

This is somewhat conflicting information as we will be flying out 2 days prior to the cruise, and obviously don't want to risk getting to Italy, then testing positive and missing the cruise. We would much rather test positive before leaving the US, and dealing with having to cancel on this side of the pond. In everyone's experience is this 48 hours before the day of the cruise? 48 hours before check in? Or 48 hours before the ship departs? Just looking for some clarification if anyone can help.

2 hours ago, carrollj87 said:

I apologize in advance if this has been asked/answered elsewhere, but with all of the constant changes, it's hard to keep track of it all. 

I will be on the same cruise as the OP. My question is around the timing of testing. The latest email from RC this morning states that an antigen test should be taken "no more than 48 hours prior to sailing". However the Healthy Sail Center page states the test needs to be "within 48 hours ... before boarding day".

This is somewhat conflicting information as we will be flying out 2 days prior to the cruise, and obviously don't want to risk getting to Italy, then testing positive and missing the cruise. We would much rather test positive before leaving the US, and dealing with having to cancel on this side of the pond. In everyone's experience is this 48 hours before the day of the cruise? 48 hours before check in? Or 48 hours before the ship departs? Just looking for some clarification if anyone can help.

I am sailing on Oct 19 out of Civitavecchia.   Per Healthy Sail Guidelines above:

Antigen Test - would need to be done no earlier than Oct 17

PCR Test - would need to be done no earlier than Oct 16

We fly on Oct 16 and arrive in FCO airport on Oct 17. We could do a PCR test on Oct 16 but most likely would not have the results before our flight unless we paid for a Rapid Results test. 

We plan to do a self-test before we fly and hope for a negative result......then use EMed proctored tests from our hotel in Civitavecchia. 

This is based on the guidelines in place NOW but could change again at any time.