No testing for the vaccinated on cruises under 10 days!

ileys

3 minutes ago, mek said:

Now if they would just announce the elimination of mandatory quarantine cabins and allow people to stay in their own cabins, if positive,  I would be dancing in the street.

That’s already happened for some sailings that had more positives than quarantine cabins. With the changes coming, I think quarantine cabins will become a thing of the past and people found to be positive will be treated as though they have the Noro virus and confined to their cabin. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

That’s already happened for some sailings that had more positives than quarantine cabins. With the changes coming, I think quarantine cabins will become a thing of the past and people found to be positive will be treated as though they have the Noro virus and confined to their cabin. 

I don't sail until October 15th - so hopefully by then that will be SOP.

For the first time in 2 1/2 years, I'm looking forward to cruising again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rudeney said:

Thank you!  I cringe every time I hear someone call these tests "free"!  We (well, most of us) are paying for them.  Unfortunately, those of us cruising to Canada (or Bermuda) still have to proctor.  ☹️

You're "cringing" over these tests costing you several decimal points of a penny in taxes?

We sail from Italy at the end of September (Odyssey) so will have to have a pre cruise test 48 hours before but a week after that we fly to the US, NJ to sail on Oasis mid October and won't have to do a pre cruise test (both vaccinated), however on the Oasis cruise we have our 6yo granddaughter with us who is not vaccinated so must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken within the 3 days before boarding day, regardless of the duration of their cruise. but a home test can be carried out without supervision, we just need to take a photo on our phone of the negative test results! All a mish mash of different rules to follow, wish they would just stop testing altogether.

10 minutes ago, Roybthered said:

We sail from Italy at the end of September (Odyssey) so will have to have a pre cruise test 48 hours before but a week after that we fly to the US, NJ to sail on Oasis mid October and won't have to do a pre cruise test (both vaccinated), however on the Oasis cruise we have our 6yo granddaughter with us who is not vaccinated so must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken within the 3 days before boarding day, regardless of the duration of their cruise. but a home test can be carried out without supervision, we just need to take a photo on our phone of the negative test results! All a mish mash of different rules to follow, wish they would just stop testing altogether.

It is ridiculous but they must have some logical reason or restrictions out if their control. What I would like to see is a comparison between other Cruiselines with respect to Greece port stops or embarkation. If it is all the same then it is country driven and out of RCL’s control. 

27 minutes ago, VegasVic14 said:

You're "cringing" over these tests costing you several decimal points of a penny in taxes?

Yes.  It all adds up and I don't like to pay for things I have no need for or any interest in.  People should pay for their own dang tests.  We have yet to take a single test and choose to vacation places that don't require them.  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, VegasVic14 said:

I cringe because many people think that anything the government gives them is "free".  Like 39% of other US citizens, I pay income taxes to fund that "free" stuff.  And while it may be fractions of pennies of my taxes to pay for COVID test, I pay a ship ton in income taxes so I'm a little bit sensitive about it when people take this "free" stuff for granted.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Don’t hold your breath on that one. I think Canada might be the last country to drop restrictions.  I’d go with 2023 for cruise travel.

I've been reading there is rumors that they are keeping ArriveCan and making it permanent.

26 minutes ago, rudeney said:

I cringe because many people think that anything the government gives them is "free".  Like 39% of other US citizens, I pay income taxes to fund that "free" stuff.  And while it may be fractions of pennies of my taxes to pay for COVID test, I pay a ship ton in income taxes so I'm a little bit sensitive about it when people take this "free" stuff for granted.  

Nothing is free.  It is just a matter of who is doing the paying.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mek said:

I don't sail until October 15th - so hopefully by then that will be SOP.

For the first time in 2 1/2 years, I'm looking forward to cruising again.

October 3rd for us and we have not sailed since the fall of 2019. 

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I've been reading there is rumors that they are keeping ArriveCan and making it permanent.

If that’s all that’s left behind I can live with it. I’d prefer it gone but…

On 8/23/2022 at 5:17 AM, CruiszBug said:

Let us know if you are able to get a refund. I remember reading when I booked it said no refunds.

Well since it still needs to be a proctored test I need telemed. My only concern now is the reliabilitity of OnPoint. I need to dig for it but I do remember seeing something about refunds on their site/FAQ if you cancel. The only reason I would do that now is if I went with Rapid Test & Trace USA instead.