Anyone else B2B on Summit 3 October & 15 October

cruisestitch

Things are changing so quickly and now I am thoroughly confused. Anyone else back to back on these two cruises who can help pick through the various rules and regulations?

I would normally look to the Roll Call but this is specific only to B2B passengers. 

Interested in regulations for vaccinated passengers only.

cruise 1 visits Canada.  Departs Monday 3 October.  

arriveCan is required pre-cruise, yes?

what days are acceptable for testing for this initial embarkation?

proctored or unproctored?

types of test accepted?

cruise 2 visits Bermuda on 17 October.

will Celebrity be providing tests for B2B passengers during cruise 1?

Bermuda fee required, yes?

I know this is an extremely fluid situation but if I know what is required today maybe I can keep track of changes in a more organized fashion. Right now it just seems chaotic to me.🤪

34 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

back to back testing, required or no? Provided or not?  

Not sure if it's required any longer for B2B in general but it is required for you because your second leg goes to Bermuda. You should insist on being tested at the end of the first leg if not offered to you by default.

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Things are changing so quickly and now I am thoroughly confused. Anyone else back to back on these two cruises who can help pick through the various rules and regulations?

I would normally look to the Roll Call but this is specific only to B2B passengers. 

Interested in regulations for vaccinated passengers only.

cruise 1 visits Canada.  Departs Monday 3 October.  

arriveCan is required pre-cruise, yes?

what days are acceptable for testing for this initial embarkation?

proctored or unproctored?

types of test accepted?

cruise 2 visits Bermuda on 17 October.

will Celebrity be providing tests for B2B passengers during cruise 1?

Bermuda fee required, yes?

I know this is an extremely fluid situation but if I know what is required today maybe I can keep track of changes in a more organized fashion. Right now it just seems chaotic to me.🤪

Here is what I understand and I'm prepared for as a fully vaccinated cruiser on the B2B:

1. ArriveCan completed before boarding October 3rd.

2. Proctored testing Saturday or Sunday before boarding on Monday October 3rd. We have some of the BinaxNow proctored tests left over from June and, if necessary, there is a testing site not far from our hotel.

3. Bermuda Travel Authorization to be filled out and a fee of $40 pp to be paid up to 30 days before 10/17. Closer to 30 days is recommended.

4. Testing Thursday 10/13 or Friday 10/14 prior to Saturday 10/15 sailing. *While I would expect Celebrity to provide this required testing, we do have BinaxNow Proctored that we can bring.

That's all I know as of tonight, 8/22. Tomorrow, who knows?

@cruisestitch, Jerry and I are in a similar situation with Canada being the second cruise, with Bermuda first on B2B. 30 September is Bermuda, then 6 October Canada/NE. I posted in our roll call but no one has answered if they are doing the same. I was to Bermuda in May 

which was a major PITA with the TA, and at the time we had to upload negative test results and we never got the TA. It all had to be rectified on the ship for the pax - many angry peeps. Unbelievable stress really impacted the trip. So I know how to get the TA for Bermuda. I am just wondering how I can do the ArriveCAN that has to be done 3 days in advance as I will be on the ship. According to their website, one cannot start the info on a desktop and switch to an app later.

Unfortunately, testing still in place for Bermuda and Canada - the two places we're going! I don't know if we have to test again for Canada on the ship, as some have said RCCL will accept the test I presented for Bermuda. They will test the B2B cruisers, as they did this spring. Stress that we will have to pass another test, for sure. Praying one country will at least drop it by then.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't expect Celebrity to drop Bermuda for the 10/15 Summit sailing as the burden for testing is not on them for the full ship as we will arrive in Bermuda less than 4 days from embarkation.  Will Celebrity provide testing for B2B passengers??  I would think so as it is required for the 10/15 sailing.   Who knows.  

We are currently on our second leg of 10/9 night Equinox B2B and no testing was done but embarking vaccinated passengers no testing was required.

14 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I don't expect Celebrity to drop Bermuda for the 10/15 Summit sailing as the burden for testing is not on them for the full ship as we will arrive in Bermuda less than 4 days from embarkation.  Will Celebrity provide testing for B2B passengers??  I would think so as it is required for the 10/15 sailing.   Who knows.  

We are currently on our second leg of 10/9 night Equinox B2B and no testing was done but embarking vaccinated passengers no testing was required.

If necessary, the cruise line will provide testing for B2B passengers. Not sure what you meant by the last two sentences, as testing is only required in certain circumstances, like Bermuda and Canada.

On 9/6/2022 at 8:45 AM, cruisestitch said:

Has Celebrity dropped any upcoming Bermuda stops?

Off topic.....have seen many of your postings over the past years. If I am correct, you are one of the original posters along with Arno, etc. On the X board.

Would love to meet up with you on the 10/3 cruise. 

On 8/22/2022 at 11:01 PM, scrapcreator said:

Here is what I understand and I'm prepared for as a fully vaccinated cruiser on the B2B:

1. ArriveCan completed before boarding October 3rd.

2. Proctored testing Saturday or Sunday before boarding on Monday October 3rd. We have some of the BinaxNow proctored tests left over from June and, if necessary, there is a testing site not far from our hotel.

3. Bermuda Travel Authorization to be filled out and a fee of $40 pp to be paid up to 30 days before 10/17. Closer to 30 days is recommended.

4. Testing Thursday 10/13 or Friday 10/14 prior to Saturday 10/15 sailing. *While I would expect Celebrity to provide this required testing, we do have BinaxNow Proctored that we can bring.

That's all I know as of tonight, 8/22. Tomorrow, who knows?

@cruisestitch Yes, we are on these two Summit sailings and I believe the answers scrapcreator provided above are right on... from what I know so far.  I did confirm with the onshore concierge that Celebrity will provide a COVID test on the first cruise (last day before first cruise disembarkation) at their expense and for the Bermuda testing requirement.

We're still researching how we will get our proctored COVID tests for the first sailing.  We fly to Boston on Saturday PM (Oct 1) and expect to get tested on Saturday morning (so in case we have a positive test we are still at home and not already in Boston).  I'm checking with our usual local sources (CVS, Walgreens) and am also looking at a virtual proctoring service (OnPoint) to use some of our home self tests.

2 hours ago, colliercruiser said:

@cruisestitch Yes, we are on these two Summit sailings and I believe the answers scrapcreator provided above are right on... from what I know so far.  I did confirm with the onshore concierge that Celebrity will provide a COVID test on the first cruise (last day before first cruise disembarkation) at their expense and for the Bermuda testing requirement.

We're still researching how we will get our proctored COVID tests for the first sailing.  We fly to Boston on Saturday PM (Oct 1) and expect to get tested on Saturday morning (so in case we have a positive test we are still at home and not already in Boston).  I'm checking with our usual local sources (CVS, Walgreens) and am also looking at a virtual proctoring service (OnPoint) to use some of our home self tests.

Also check private labs that do blood work. We are in a small city and there are some that do antigen tests same day, for $45 pp.  Urgent care centers may do so, also, but are costly. We have some home tests, but ordered eMed tests to do supervised online, as we have done it twice with them and it worked well. Insurance reimbursed most of the cost. If there is a problem with the home testing, like invalid result, we will use the local lab as Plan B.

Edited by joyandjerry

• 3 weeks later...

Ok now with the latest there’s no more ArriveCAN 

but we still have to test—proctored or unproctored — to hoard the ship

Bermuda still is unclear to me.

I filled out the application and sent in the $40 and received an email that said it was “pending”

I assume I will get an updated bermuda email eventually?

On 8/22/2022 at 5:48 PM, cruisestitch said:

Ummmm ok.

Confusion still reigns.

back to back testing, required or no? Provided or not?  

I did 2 cruises on Summit B2B2B.    Each said they hoped we would not have to do B2B testing but depending on the infection level we had to be tested on all the b2B's.     The last one In the morning they said no and 3 hours later I got an appointment on my door.

The B2B tested are provided by Celebrity at no cost to you.    My only complaint is that after the test you get NO results.    When asked they simply said if you had been positive you would have known quickly.    The testing when required is done the day before turn around port.

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Ok now with the latest there’s no more ArriveCAN 

but we still have to test—proctored or unproctored — to hoard the ship

Bermuda still is unclear to me.

I filled out the application and sent in the $40 and received an email that said it was “pending”

I assume I will get an updated bermuda email eventually?

You will probably not hear about your Bermuda Travel Authorization until the week before embarking on the Oct 15/22 itinerary.

We are on the Oct 15/22 sailing. We sent our application in on September 14/22. We are working on our packing list currently, as we know it’s a better use of our time as opposed to holding our breath waiting for our BTA approval.

Randy