No Luggage Tags - Recent eDocs

Royal sent me an email yesterday at 30 days out that I haven’t checked in.  I could get to the contract and printed my luggage tags but I still can’t check in.  I was able to go in a couple of weeks ago on the app and get a check in time.  Now the app won’t open to check in.  

I’ll keep trying but it’s irritating for sure.  Hoping I can get my set sail soon. 

15 hours ago, rrraydon said:

I have been in touch with RC four separate times about my luggage tags. My cabin mate is Emerald, I am D+. The luggage tags in our Edocs are Emerald. RC emails me back four separate times telling me my edocs are fixed and they’ve issued me new edocs. All four times my luggage tags still have Emerald on them. 

It absolutely means zip, nada, nothing what your luggage tag reads for C&A level.  Don't worry about it.

The porters with their horrible hand writing scribble won't put your level on the blank tag if they need to write one for you.  You could hand write cabin number on white piece of paper for a tag, sometimes my printed it out one is completely devoid of my C&A level. 

I don't care, makes no difference, you will still get your bags just the same.  No need to stress.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4SQNLS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put them on our suitcases prior to leaving the pre cruise hotel. No staples or tape require. 

That's what I use.  Have several preordered packs ready to replace..as each gets a bit long in the tooth.  😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4SQNLS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put them on our suitcases prior to leaving the pre cruise hotel. No staples or tape require. 

Those things are great!  When we do group cruises we sometime buy those as cruise gifts.  For $1 more you can get the 8-pack :classic_biggrin:

16 hours ago, rrraydon said:

I have been in touch with RC four separate times about my luggage tags. My cabin mate is Emerald, I am D+. The luggage tags in our Edocs are Emerald. RC emails me back four separate times telling me my edocs are fixed and they’ve issued me new edocs. All four times my luggage tags still have Emerald on them. 

C&A level has no effect on your luggage delivery. It will get to your cabin in the same time regardless of what the level on the tag is. Don't sweat the small stuff. 🍹

So if CAS status has no bearing on luggage delivery, what does?  If you board earlier, do you get it earlier, or does it mean it's at the bottom of the pile, so you get it later?  Do they handle suite luggage differently?  

2 minutes ago, rudeney said:

So if CAS status has no bearing on luggage delivery, what does?  If you board earlier, do you get it earlier, or does it mean it's at the bottom of the pile, so you get it later?  Do they handle suite luggage differently?  

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, rudeney said:

I have a few cruises under my belt and I have a theory of sorts.  The earlier we checked in in past years the sooner we got our bags at our cabin.  I suspect as the porters bins fill up and are delivered to a central area of the ship and then the stewards go and get them to deliver.  So if yours are among the first in that area, it stands to reason they will be delivered first.  So we always go check in as early as possible and/or in these days ask for the earliest time.  We have 10:30 to 11:00 for our upcoming.  We have always had our bags by around 1:30 or 2:00 in the afternoon.  Believe it or not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I have a few cruises under my belt and I have a theory of sorts.  The earlier we checked in in past years the sooner we got our bags at our cabin.  I suspect as the porters bins fill up and are delivered to a central area of the ship and then the stewards go and get them to deliver.  So if yours are among the first in that area, it stands to reason they will be delivered first.  So we always go check in as early as possible and/or in these days ask for the earliest time.  We have 10:30 to 11:00 for our upcoming.  We have always had our bags by around 1:30 or 2:00 in the afternoon.  Believe it or not.

That's been my theory, and experience, too.  But we also always cruise in suites, so I wondered if they handled that luggage differently.  Several times our luggage was waiting on us when the room was ready.  I don't think it's ever been delivered later than 2pm.  

Then there is the other theory.  

One big room...first of the luggage goes way into the back...it starts to fill up.   The last in stuffed into the front.  Guess which comes out first?  😉  

Actually I have scientific proof of the how soon you get your luggage (no matter what class of C&A is on your tag). 

Image result for funny image of dart throwing

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, island lady said:

One big room...first of the luggage goes way into the back...it starts to fill up.   The last in stuffed into the front.  Guess which comes out first?  😉  

I had considered that, too, but an assembly line where baggage always moves "forward" seems more efficient to me.  Bags have to come off the porter's cart one at a time for the x-ray check.  It might make the most sense to have carts after the x-ray machine labeled by zone and deck.  As that cart is filled, it's taken to the appropriate location, but probably not until staterooms are ready because otherwise, they'd be colliding with the attendants.  I guess at that point, while waiting on staterooms to open, the carts could be shoved into a big room to wait and then removed LIFO.  Still, it would be more efficient to push them into a line or queue where they are pulled out FIFO.  Oh, and of course there has to be a set of carts headed to "the naughty room". 

BTW, today is 30 days from my next cruise and luggage tags are on page 19 of the eDocs.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, rudeney said:

I had considered that, too, but an assembly line where baggage always moves "forward" seems more efficient to me.  Bags have to come off the porter's cart one at a time for the x-ray check.  It might make the most sense to have carts after the x-ray machine labeled by zone and deck.  As that cart is filled, it's taken to the appropriate location, but probably not until staterooms are ready because otherwise, they'd be colliding with the attendants.  I guess at that point, while waiting on staterooms to open, the carts could be shoved into a big room to wait and then removed LIFO.  Still, it would be more efficient to push them into a line or queue where they are pulled out FIFO.  Oh, and of course there has to be a set of carts headed to "the naughty room". 

BTW, today is 30 days from my next cruise and luggage tags are on page 19 of the eDocs.

Indeed, stay on carts...get shoved into large room in the baggage area until ready to board and then again into another large "holding room" onto the ship until they start taking them to the crew elevator.  Have seen it...when going ashore during TAD on a B2B.  😉   Though not all terminals work the same way I should assume...my dart board scientific theory still stands...IMHO.  😄 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Actually I have scientific proof of the how soon you get your luggage (no matter what class of C&A is on your tag). 

Image result for funny image of dart throwing

As I said, never beyond about 2;00 and many more when we got to the room. Don't know how that fits with your theory.  Our cruise buds always come late, check in mostly after 12:00 noon and she never has her luggage early...just an observation...in fact one cruise she cried for an hour over her makeup bag not getting to the room before dinner.  They finally found it.  I think it is likely my theory that holds the most water.  If they waited to deliver until all the bags were on board it would take all night.  In fact, I have watched the Steves loading the last few carts from our balcony and we had ours already.  I have seen the crew stairwell in the middle of our deck before and it was full of bags...except ours, which are already in the room.  I'll go with mine.

I know many use the porters at the pier to write up luggage tags but I just see how crazy it is with passengers and bags disembarking and new passengers and bags arriving. I like having my bags already tagged.

My edocs did not have my luggage tags.  I called RC and they reissued the edocs with the luggage tags.  Simple.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 1:12 PM, truckswain said:

I know many use the porters at the pier to write up luggage tags but I just see how crazy it is with passengers and bags disembarking and new passengers and bags arriving. I like having my bags already tagged.

My edocs did not have my luggage tags.  I called RC and they reissued the edocs with the luggage tags.  Simple.

Sitting at 20 days and still no luggage tags.  Either in the eDocs or from View Boarding Pass, says Pending.

I called the regular line first thing this morning without much luck.  The agent eventually said there wasn't anything that could be done and I would have to get them at the port.  She said this was a known issue.  Also asked if the email with the eDocs had two attachments, I guess they were coming in a separate file.  No to that as well.

Wasn't happy with that answer and called C&A after morning meetings.  That agent did a couple of things, verified my info, and sent an email to her associate.  She said the luggage tags should be emailed to me within 24 hours.  We'll see how that goes.:classic_wink:

Edited by jk04

Ask someone in your roll call who is on the same floor as you to forward a copy of their luggage tag page, then photoshop it for yourself.  The colors are important because they indicate the ship and floor.  Make sure you get the ship location correct on the diagram.  

I use clear luggage tag holders and photoshop my tag to remove the "staple here" lines and resize it so it's a perfect fit.  Yes, I am slightly OCD.

Edited by rudeney

9 hours ago, rudeney said:

Ask someone in your roll call who is on the same floor as you to forward a copy of their luggage tag page, then photoshop it for yourself.  The colors are important because they indicate the ship and floor.  Make sure you get the ship location correct on the diagram.  

I use clear luggage tag holders and photoshop my tag to remove the "staple here" lines and resize it so it's a perfect fit.  Yes, I am slightly OCD.

No roll call for this sailing that I have seen. Haven’t looked the past couple of weeks. They finally resent and tags were included. 😃

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 10:13 AM, cruiselvr04 said:

Royal sent me an email yesterday at 30 days out that I haven’t checked in.  I could get to the contract and printed my luggage tags but I still can’t check in.  I was able to go in a couple of weeks ago on the app and get a check in time.  Now the app won’t open to check in.  

I’ll keep trying but it’s irritating for sure.  Hoping I can get my set sail soon. 

Do it from the website.

10 hours ago, rudeney said:

It's more than floor and ship. It's also the quadrant.  It needs to be someone in the same section as you.  If you look at the tags, they are marked with 4 "sections" and that tells them what quadrant the luggage belongs in.

13 hours ago, jk04 said:

Sitting at 20 days and still no luggage tags.  Either in the eDocs or from View Boarding Pass, says Pending.

I called the regular line first thing this morning without much luck.  The agent eventually said there wasn't anything that could be done and I would have to get them at the port.  She said this was a known issue.  Also asked if the email with the eDocs had two attachments, I guess they were coming in a separate file.  No to that as well.

Wasn't happy with that answer and called C&A after morning meetings.  That agent did a couple of things, verified my info, and sent an email to her associate.  She said the luggage tags should be emailed to me within 24 hours.  We'll see how that goes.:classic_wink:

I emailed rccl@ticketing.com and my issued was resolved in 2 days. I had called too but that was a waste of time.

• Like 1

Have experimented with using color tags and black and white tags.   Made no difference at all with timing, received bags about the same time on each cruise.  

I like the look of the color tags...but if you want to save money on that more expensive color cartridge...the black and whites work just fine as well.  😉 

The porters tags are black and white.  😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

It's more than floor and ship. It's also the quadrant.  It needs to be someone in the same section as you.  If you look at the tags, they are marked with 4 "sections" and that tells them what quadrant the luggage belongs in.

Yep, that's what I was trying to say when I stated, "Make sure you get the ship location correct on the diagram."  On some ships, there are four quadrants (fore/aft -  port/starboard), but on the larger ones, they use a 6-section grid to include midship.  My guess is that this is just for the crew to quickly eyeball and get the luggage close to the roo.  If you're quadrant is off by a few cabin numbers, I'll bet you'd be OK.  Sometimes they don't even deliver luggage to the actual room - just the general area.  

As mentioned, if you don't have the correct colors, you could also just print it in grayscale.  It can't be any worse than the handwritten tags you'd get at the terminal.  Oh, and suites have a special notation with a red border and "Suite" at the bottom.  I guess if you wanted to photoshop your own tags, you could add your CAS status, too.  😏

image.png.461a01878fa4f00c090b787e48e06558.png