Shareholder Benefit

Syracusefan44

My wife and I booked our first cruise on Holland America last week.  We can’t wait to try Holland America after cruising with Princess for the past 15+ years.

We submitted our brokerage statement to Holland America and we are wondering where on the website we could find our $250 shareholder benefit once it is approved.  Thank you.

35 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

We submitted our brokerage statement to Holland America and we are wondering where on the website we could find our $250 shareholder benefit once it is approved.

If you booked with a TA, you will not find it online. The next time you have a confirmation receipt sent/given to you, it will be listed on the first page under Guest Information. One person will have more than the other.

2 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

I submitted my request yesterday, and this morning I received an updated invoice showing the OBC in the Guest Information area.

What is the 'Guest Information area'?  Is this on your TA's website?

AFAIK there is no place on the HAL website that shows invoices.

5 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

It is on your invoice.  You can call HAL and have them e-mail one to you.

I don’t use TAs.

If a TA is involved they must be the one to request the Guest Copy of the invoice. It is part of the service they are supposed to provide

My TA and her assistant have both promised to email me the HAL confirmation after I made final payment recently.  Neither has come through yet.  How difficult can it be for them to obtain it and email it to me?  We're not planning on booking any new cruises with her in the future.  I wish HAL could just email me one, but obviously not.

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

My TA and her assistant have both promised to email me the HAL confirmation after I made final payment recently.  Neither has come through yet.  How difficult can it be for them to obtain it and email it to me?  We're not planning on booking any new cruises with her in the future.  I wish HAL could just email me one, but obviously not.

There are many 'Travel Agents' out there that want the commission without doing anything to earn it.  HAL takes the position (rightfully I think) that the TA should do what they are paid to do. If HAL has to do these things, why should they (HAL) pay the Travel Agent?

I have two HAL cruises booked, one Christmas week, and another in April.  I sent two separate emails with the same photo of a stock statement, and including the booking # and cruise date, and then received an email confirming that the stockholder credit was approved and would be applied at embarkation.  I have a TA, so don't have an updated invoice, but I trust it should be there in my account when we board.  Shouldn't I?