Is there a problem with the Princess website?

jbu

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the Princess website - particularly the payment section?  I have a cruise scheduled in December and final payment is due September 4.  I've been trying for 4 days to make my payment and the site keeps telling me it can't be processed, and I should try again later.  I tried multiple credit cards; I tried a different browser; I chatted online, and was told to call the Reservations Team (and given a number to call); I called the Reservations Team, and they said it couldn't be processed by them either.  I asked if anyone else had reported a problem, and they said yes, they were aware of the problem and were working on it, and I should try again the next day.  Not sure why they tried to take payment if they know there's a problem, but I tried again this morning, and still no luck.  I REALLY want to get this resolved because i want to make my payment!  Is anyone else experiencing this, or does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, dog said:

Phone in your payment.

I got the impression the Reservations Team was not able to process a payment either.

To the OP, I would call back when things open later this AM. Perhaps a reset during the night will fix the problem. Good Luck and let us know, OK?

15 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

I got the impression the Reservations Team was not able to process a payment either.

To the OP, I would call back when things open later this AM. Perhaps a reset during the night will fix the problem. Good Luck and let us know, OK?

Thank you.  I'll try that, and I'll follow up later this morning.  Thanks again.

25 minutes ago, jbu said:

Thank you.  I'll try that, and I'll follow up later this morning.  Thanks again.

I believe that they are making changes on the website the last few days, updating areas due to a promo starting Sep 1st.  Hopefully, they will be finished by today

or tomorrow?  Unless, they cause other problems.  JMO

1 hour ago, jbu said:

Is anyone else experiencing this, or does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

I, too get an error when trying to process payment. My final payment isn't due until 9/23. I noticed it last night, so it has been happening since at least then. I just tried again and it is still not fixed.

I’m having problems too. As of this morning, I can’t access the payment screen in the personalizer for any of my bookings.  Thank goodness I don’t have a final payment due. I only realized it because one of my booked cruises went way up in price (and I mean WAY up) so I wanted to double check to make sure there were no problems with my booking.  I freaked out at first when I couldn’t get to the payment screen and have to say I’m relieved to see it’s a website issue. 

I recently had to call to complete a booking -- same problems with accepting payment on the website.  The rep I spoke to said they have been inundated with calls seeking help with payments.  You'd think Princess would fix the problem when they are clearly aware of it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChutChut said:

Having problems processing an excursion for my upcoming November cruise. Might be an overall website issue.

I was having the same problem processing an excursion. I called Princes (because I need more aggravation in my life?) and was quickly connected to an agent. I told her why I was calling and she said that payment processing on the website isn't working at all right now She booked our excursion. I notice that I can't even load the payment page for our upcoming cruses. Do you suppose Princess has decided they no longer want to collect money? 🤣

• Like 2

Just now, Sea Hag said:

I was having the same problem processing an excursion. I called Princes (because I need more aggravation in my life?) and was quickly connected to an agent. I told her why I was calling and she said that payment processing on the website isn't working at all right now She booked our excursion. I notice that I can't even load the payment page for our upcoming cruses. Do you suppose Princess has decided they no longer want to collect money? 🤣

Good info. Thank you. I'd rather pull out my fingernails with pliers than call Princess right now!!! I'll wait and try again in a few days. Thank again!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

Good info. Thank you. I'd rather pull out my fingernails with pliers than call Princess right now!!! I'll wait and try again in a few days. Thank again!

I hear you on that! I wouldn't have called them either, but my DH had his heart set on that excursion. I figured it would be just my luck that it would sell out before they fix the website.

8 hours ago, jbu said:

UPDATE:

I was finally able to make my payment, but only by calling 800-PRINCESS and having the representative take my payment over the phone.  Also, I just checked again (it's now 11 hours since I tried online this morning) and it does appear to be fixed. Hopefully everyone else who was having a problem will also now be able to complete their transactions.

My husband and I i will be on the Sky Princess on December 3, for our 29th cruise!  Can't wait!

7 minutes ago, jbu said:

UPDATE:

I was finally able to make my payment, but only by calling 800-PRINCESS and having the representative take my payment over the phone....

Congrats! Peace of mind is worth so much. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1